Pinterest Addict?

Options

Replies

• ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    The demographic of this thread is interesting for Pinterest (I work in Marketing).

I think that has to do with the fact that when someone hears Pinterest, they automatically think "crafts". But, anyone on it knows that it can be so much more. I know quite a few guys who are on it, but I don't think they would reply to this thread. I'm kind of a tomboy, so personally I like a little testosterone in my pin mix.

I agree.... most think "crafts" but there is SOOOOOOOOOO much more than crafts! Photography, tips on Photography, info on places to visit, ways to paint your nails, budget meals, how to stay on a budget, how to change your faucet, gardening, etc.....It's ENDLESSSSS!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    potential time suck that could be used for more productive things.

Totally. I've done many of the things I've pinned on there, but have spent SO much more time on the site than out there cooking and crafting. Once I made a rule for myself that I couldn't browse the site until I'd done at least 10 of the things I'd pinned!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    LOVE pintrest!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    The demographic of this thread is interesting for Pinterest (I work in Marketing).

Absolutely worth looking into for marketing. I have an account for my company and we get some good traction to our blog from it.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've only just got into Pintrest but it is amazing, I have a milion and one uses for frames, I also have my wedding, baby shower and future house planned as well as my 18th 0.0 it's amazing stuff, love it :D
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    potential time suck that could be used for more productive things.

Except for the fact that I've found countless healthy recipes on Pinterest, learned how to clean the house with fewer chemicals and found some nice things to decorate my home. Plus, it makes for a nice distraction when traveling. We can't all work and workout 24/7/365.

see that word "potential" up there. It means it could be. Not that it is.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    <
    too much testosterone, just can't do it.
    So I look over my girlfriends shoulder.:smokin:
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am! I pin A LOT but I use it mostly for meal planning (mostly being what I do most because I use it a lot lol). I have a healthy food board where I pin all my healthy recipes. THen every week I use it to plan my grocery list. It's extremely helpful.....and fun :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    All of my Christmas presents are due to my pinning habit.

I bought 4 gifts (they are traditional gifts that I cannot make - I tried) They cost 30 dollars in total and everyone else gets something home made. i love pintrest.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is of the devil and will consume your very soul.
  • kadarina
    Options
    I am equally addicted! I find it helpful to a dieting mother of a 16 month old who is an insanely fussy eater :-)
  • matawna
    matawna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i just went to a Pinterest party on Saturday!! LOVE it!

What is a pinterst party??? LOL
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

However, this is also true:
    Pinterest is of the devil and will consume your very soul.

But I still jump on weekly and see if there's anything exciting.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    i just went to a Pinterest party on Saturday!! LOVE it!

What is a pinterst party??? LOL

Um, yeah, WTF is a pinterest party?? Unless it's just an excuse to hang out and drink, in which case I am in full support of said party. :drinker:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! :D
    doesnt seem to work on firefox for me any more though :( BOO!

No worries.... just use Google Chrome as your internet browser....
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Um yes, on it right now pinning recipes! I can't help myself!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Addict, total addict.:laugh:

But I've found some yummy new receipe ideas on there.

And I wont mention my Supernatural fixation.:blushing:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    The first time I signed up I thought it was pointless. I got bored and signed up again, and now it's fun. I like looking for recipes mostly.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Wish they had a "did" button on Pinterest

When I've made something from Pinterest, I'll leave comments on my boards good or bad. That way my followers can decide it it is worth pinning or leaving alone. Pinterest is like a second life !! :smile: