Is there a better way to eat pizza?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Bite down really hard so that the cheese doesn't slide off and burn your chin.

The worst is when the sauce burns the top of your mouth. :ohwell:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    When I buy pizza, it's when I know I will enjoy every last bite of every slice, calories be damned. Wow, just realized I haven't had any pizza since October. Didn't even miss it.

But yeah...eat it backwards. It's more fun that way.

Ringo Star agrees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwRjdYTYrKk
  • Hawnpunch22
    Options
    I gotta say that I'm a NOOB here and I love the networking so far. I posted a question and got 80 more replies than I expected. Just got done reading them all and have a game plan together for better enjoyment. So thanks to all who posted and shared their incite. Wisenheimers too cause we gotta have some fun too.

I do pizza about once a month. While I enjoy the taste of the chains and singular joints alike I don't like how it destroys my macros. So my plan is to reduce the portion size and add some greens and try home made to control the ingredients and reduce the crap. I'm also going to try the various audibles like thin crust, brand change, and better ingredients. But for all you NYC and Jersey folk I'm still gonna have my occasional favorite slice as is with no tampering.

Along with the tons of other notes I have I seriously appreciate the help. Aloha!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just have to say that in the fitness industry pizza is regarded as the worst calorie rich junk food out there, even above macdonalds and all other fast food joints. That being said I have researched this particular eating protocol that utilizes high glycaemic index carbohydrates as nutrients recover, post resistance training. Have a look at Dr. John Keifer's Carb-backloading. You can have pizza ever single night following this protocol.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I hate the crust and only eat the topping (mmm cheese and meat loverly!)...I don't each much pizza as I really don't like it that much.

Thin crust might be better?!
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Find a low calorie pita bread, spread with cottage cheese, top with salmon, rocket & capers. & put it in the oven untill the edges are crispy. Yum!!!