Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bumped for motivation in the future! This revived my love for lifting. People are looking great in this thread! Such an inspiration.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    <--- check the profile picture

this is all credited to Crossfit, which combines lots of strength training with free weights, and also various body weight workouts. the workouts are different each and every day so you never get bored!! The first picture is my day 1 and the second picture is 5 months in. I haven't logged anything ever, but i am more conscious about what i eat. i still cheat (sometimes multiple times a week), though i do know i feel a lot better when i eat totally clean.

I do crossfit 4-5 times a week, and that's all!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    wrong thread*
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump for motivation
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Gladly! Lost a lot of weight. Down to 115 at one point. Started weight training, now 122. 18% BF! Love it! I Love the feeling of the burn soooo much! can currently squat 140lbs. Even linear press near 400lbs! The results are great.
    6969923476_8888919bd1.jpg
    This is my "Before" photo. by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    7743569110_281dc5d4f2.jpg
    21% BF and going down by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    7990340806_c1f0304cbc.jpg
    0914121528 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8176531576_3cd7686f63.jpg
    IMG950557 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8258909756_57c9f055b2.jpg
    shoulder day by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8258904780_6230b34e60.jpg
    Snapshot_20121207 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Total girl crush!! Great job!
  • CBoogie84
    CBoogie84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyone has done such an amazing job! I keep coming back every day for new inspiration. I hope to have some comparable pics in a few months to add!!
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD!!!! What an AMAZING thread! I feel shocked that I didn't know women could lift heavy weights and get these results!!! I am new to mfp and stumbled on this set of pics and am just gobsmacked by how utterly fabulous each and every one of you is and how hard you have worked !! (The men are amazing too!)

So, where do I start??? Can anyone send me a link to a website or anything that spells it out for a beginner?? I only joined in the last couple of days but love the ap already. I am currently 140 or so pounds but only 5 foot 2. I am naturally quite stocky and have ok muscle tone with a big layer of fat and lots of wobble post baby! All I do at the minute is walk or other gentle cardio but am now well up for starting lifting! Think it may be the route I have missed all my life as I would really like to be strong and leaner but still curvy. Can anyone help ? Pretty please? Should I be posting this elsewhere??
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    This is a great site to read to get started: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

Invest in the book too - Starting Strength: Beginner Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe - it's like a bible to anyone new to the lifting world. :)
  • JKS76
    JKS76 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    x
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • FutureFitAuthor
    FutureFitAuthor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So stinkin inspirational!!!! Amazing results on all of you who posted!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • MasterKat
    Options
    Love that you and the Mrs did this together! You both look fantastic!
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    OMG this is a great! You all look fab!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    beforeafterbooty.jpg

sssssss squats squats squats!

EDIT: This was a 1 year span

and this is why I will be doing as many squats as I can every day of my life starting NOW
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    For y'all ladies on here posting insanely amazing results did you use free weights or machines?

Free weights - compounds plus auxiliary work.
    Yup I second this as well. I love free weights and especially compound movements coz it lets you work multiple muscles at the same time so its not only effective for getting a leaner physique but also very time efficient. I only workout 4 hours a week but still getting leaner and stronger.
  • c1arabelle
    c1arabelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never posted before but this is the best, most inspiring thread ever!

I'm forty, and work out with heavy weights once a week for thirty minutes. Really, that's it. Lifting really is the way to go. I am in good shape. Not crazy good shape like some of the fabulous bodies I've seen here but to me it's a super good trade - a good looking body for 30 minutes a week. I work out with a trainer, mostly on machines. From reading here, if I wanted to see big changes, I would do more free weights and work out maybe twice a week but it's all about achieving a good balance.

I don't do ANY cardio ever. I like to say I'm allergic to it. Hate it and it's not necessary if you do heavy weights and eat reasonably, which I don't always. I like to tell my trainer I've got the body he created under a layer of beer and nachos.

PF_zps83f3684f.jpg

PF2_zps95fc050b.jpg
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I have attention *kitten* pix!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    **** kids. I gotta start this the day after Christmas. (Only because I don't want to be hobbling around on Christmas. Otherwise I'd start tomorrow!)
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    17096377_2101.jpg
    17096377_7578.jpg

Awesome job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!