Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What I want to know, is which of you female lifters attained your shape changes with lifting alone, and no cardio,
    and which of you incorporated cardio/Hiit as well ?

I do both. I love running, and usually run 3x a week, between 3-7 miles.

But running didn't really change my shape much. I got smaller, but... well, photos say it best. I was down about 20 pounds in the first picture, down another 10 in the second one, which was right around the time I started strength training.

The third picture is after about a year of strength training and about one month after switching to free weights. Legs are leaner, waist is smaller, stomach is flatter.. and I weight more.

bikini-front-copy.jpg
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    14324_10151104066411611_2110835885_n.jpg

Woa!!!!
    What I want to know, is which of you female lifters attained your shape changes with lifting alone, and no cardio,
    and which of you incorporated cardio/Hiit as well ?

I did lifting and running but my legs shape is genetic....I have fat legs and that is how it is. I was starting to feel too thin on my chest while fat in my legs. I had to do a bulk cycle to put muscle so that I can go back down in body fat but still look balanced
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I know, I fell in a tank Cuprinol, hence the lovely tan ! :tongue:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I found some befores- I'd like to post them to provide a comparison, but I'm, uh... Flipping the bird while wearing a Dora the Explorer mask. I was drunk. But the picture shows my skinnyfat shape much better than any others.

Would anyone be offended if I posted them?
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I did cardio in the beginning - because I didn't know any better. But I honestly didn't lose that much from doing cardio (like 7-10 lbs, if that) because I was eating too much and justifying it by doing all the cardio. My shape didn't "emerge" until I started lifting. When I learned you don't have to do cardio if you lift - I dropped it all together because I hate it.

I have recently gotten back on track and want to start lifting. I am currently doing 1 hour cadio 3 to 4 days a week and Zumba 2 days a week. Are you saying I could give these up and concentrate solely on lifting heavy and still lose the weight while eating at a deficit?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

I did cardio in the beginning - because I didn't know any better. But I honestly didn't lose that much from doing cardio (like 7-10 lbs, if that) because I was eating too much and justifying it by doing all the cardio. My shape didn't "emerge" until I started lifting. When I learned you don't have to do cardio if you lift - I dropped it all together because I hate it.

I have recently gotten back on track and want to start lifting. I am currently doing 1 hour cadio 3 to 4 days a week and Zumba 2 days a week. Are you saying I could give these up and concentrate solely on lifting heavy and still lose the weight while eating at a deficit?

Yes you will.

Indeed, if you want to do cardio, try 10-20 mins intense cardio, burns more fat and uses the ATP and ATP-pc energy systems that the body was designed with in mind (eg are energy system is designed for short bursts of energy, not long slow drags).

Mutant - go for it!
  • chef84
    chef84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! Looks like I need to get on my squats, feels like I'm losing my *kitten* with the weight loss....
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bekinator
    Options
    bodyfat-2.jpg

28-30% BF on left - 24% BF on right.

Took about 6 months, 3x week full body routine and I ate my TDEE daily.

Currently 21% BF and bounce between 148-150lbs. Still working 3x week lifting heavy but incorporating more HIIT style training.

Thank you for this, I've been lifting heavy for about six months now and for the last 1.5 months my weight has stayed the same. I've been getting a little discouraged. I have went from a size 11-12 jeans size to a 7-8 with absolutely no weight loss.

wow u all are amazing!!! and thank u so much for these posts, this is exactly what i needed to hear! it's not about the quantity of the digits on the scale, but the quality. thanks!
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has posted. I would love to be able to comment to you all individually but I want you ALL to know you have inspired me so much. It is so interesting to note that a lot of people have achieved their results with minimal cardio (or with focussed cardio, i guess). In the past I have been hung up with the numbers on the scale. Now I can see it is the body fat % and dress size I should be celebrating. You have been an education!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    love all the pictures! this whole thread is very motivating! thank you all for sharing :smile:
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bumping for continued inspiration. I just started lifting, and I'm seeing results every day, but I can't wait to have some amazing "after" shots to post.
  • fitfunk
    fitfunk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    filing under "Motivation"
  • Diannelise
    Options
    WOW! You guys are all so amazing and inspirational. The transformations are mind boggling! After carefully reading through this 15 page post (sure to be well beyond that), I'm ditching the puny weights I barely picked up at the gym. Went this morning armed with a training program given to me by a friend, luckily she was there to help make a few suggestions about form etc., and came out feeling like a diva. Will be sure to come back and reread through this post and hopefully one day post pics of my journey. Best wishes!! :)
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    SOOO AMAZING. You all have done fantastic.
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think that this site is becoming to hot to handle!!!!! Anyone agree??
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just started NROL4W due to this thread, lol!!
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    This might be the best post on here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!