Things that make you feel kind of like an idiot.

Options

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Do you guys remember Amazing Gummy bears? They were out in the 80's or early 90's I think. I saw them dancing in the commercial and I thought that these gummy bears would be the most amazing and best tasting gummy bears on the planet. So I begged my mom and she bought me a little bag. I was so disappointed when they just tasted like regular gummy bears. I mean, the commerical had the dancing bears and exploding fruit. I was little, but it's always stuck with me.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    When I blank out when people talk and have to ask them to repeat themselves numerous times

ALL THE TIME!

I do that with books, too. I'll read a page and I realize I didn't actually let it sink in, so I have to read it again. lol
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Searching frantically for my cell phone when it's in my hand. Same for sunglasses.

JM
    think we have all done that :happy:
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I opened bananas the wrong way round until I was 35 years old.

most people still do this. consider yourself enlightened :)

Ummm......How is this possible?!
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Walking in the kitchen or bedroom or wherever to get something....and I forget what it was!!!! Did that this morning. Soooo frustrating. Must be the blonde I guess :blushing:
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Forgetting people's names when they've just introduced themselves. I have a two-second memory for names.
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Trying to wrap Christmas gifts makes me feel like an idiot....
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Trying to wrap Christmas gifts makes me feel like an idiot....

Me too. I hate wasting wrapping paper, so I use the ends of different wrapping paper on one gift and it ends up looking like Frankenstein.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Reaching to use the mouse on my computer and realizing it's my cel phone.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I opened bananas the wrong way round until I was 35 years old.

How is that even possible???
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Missing a meeting at work that I schedualed....
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That moment when your locked truck door closes and at the same time, you realize the keys are still in the ignition
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Forgetting people's names when they've just introduced themselves. I have a two-second memory for names.

THIS!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Last winter I went out and started my car to warm it up before leaving (Wisconsin, it's coooollllddd!!). Walk back in the house to take the dog out, walk past the running car to get to her potty area, done with her business walk past the running car again to bring the dog back in the house, then proceed to spend the next 10 minutes looking for the keys to my car to leave for work. Needless to say, I felt pretty stupid when I went out to the garage to see if I dropped them and heard a running car and was late for work on top of it!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    pushing a pull door

This and pulling a push door. Also tripping on a flat floor. Sometimes those floors just jump up and trip you!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That I missed the twist/reveal in Fight Club. I *never* miss a movie twist...I may not always know *exactly* what is going to happen, but I almost never miss considering the *possibility* of it. In FC, I was flabbergasted...sat straight in bed yelling "no freakin' way!" over and over (which my sleeping wife did not appreciate at all). I blame it on watching it at 2a, but still, I shouldn't have missed it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    When I blank out when people talk and have to ask them to repeat themselves numerous times

Yeah, this^. If I had a dollar for every time I lost my train of thought, I wish I had a bowl of ice cream.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    pushing a pull door

This and pulling a push door. Also tripping on a flat floor. Sometimes those floors just jump up and trip you!

Been there. Done that. How about tripping out of your car and sliding under it... instead of, you know, stepping out like a normal human being.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "you got any of those french fried potaters in there? mmmmhhhmmmmm"
  • deepestpuddle
    Options
    Once after my workout at the gym, I grabbed the wrong bag. I didn't notice untill I was halfway home. I rushed back to the gym and grabbed the right bag.

I chalk it up to post workout high. :laugh: