How does your intelligence compare with your SO's?

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
My wife and I are pretty close, as all our standardized tests were close. I pick up things faster; she worked harder in school.

How do you and your SO compare?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm smarter. But then again, I don't have a SO so the competition really isn't that high...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This is something I don't have to worry about!

Untitled-1.jpg
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Depends on the subject matter.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    We're pretty closely matched. I excel in some areas she doesn't, and vice-versa.

JM
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I tend to go for smart guys...the guy I'm talking to right now is a college professor with a PhD in Political Science. I'm smart, but not formally educated. A semester here and there of college.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    We fill each other's holes.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    We fill each other's holes.
    FTW^ \m/
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm more academic, he's more practical.....we fit together just nicely.....
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Where one lacks, the other makes up. He has his strengths as do I. But looking back at how we scored on standardized tests and school work... I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My BF is a smarty. People often ask me if blonde is my natural color :( It's not. Guess I'm just fu*king ditzy!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My SO and I are pretty evenly matched. We both went to grad school for Accounting/Business. Different undergrads though, mine was Accounting and his was Sport Management. Still, I think we are both pretty smart!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    We are pretty much equal. Although he tends to think he knows everything. :laugh:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have more common sense, he has more book sense. I react in the moment and he thinks forever and a day about it. :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    About the same. I might have a couple of points on him, but not many. :bigsmile:
  • jfontanna
    jfontanna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm more book smart, she's more street smart.
    I learn faster, she tries harder.
    I work IT, she works HR.
    I'm tech savvy, she has trouble with setting clocks.
    I'm an introvert, she's an extrovert.

Basically, we're two sides to one coin. She completes me.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My husband is really smart, although he doesnt see it! I do...every day. I think he should have went to college to become some history professor or something! He knows so much about history, watches jeopardy every night and beats most of them on the show! Im not that smart at all...maybe in the woman department, how to cook, bake, take care of a child and clean! lol He wonders why I ask him so many questions. He says "why are you asking me, go look it up" i tell him, well its a compliment, I think he knows everything! :)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Well, she was stupid enough to marry me.... I must be smarter!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Continued....

Although, he is always up-to-date on current events and politics. I could care less! So he is definitely more intelligent in those areas :)
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am WAY smarter - learn things faster, solve problems better. The husband, tho, has an uncanny memory --- if it comes out of a movie or a song, he'll remember it forever. If it comes out of my mouth, not so much...
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    We're both know-it-alls but I actually DO know-it-all. :laugh: