How does your intelligence compare with your SO's?

Options

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm more book smart, she's more street smart.
    I learn faster, she tries harder.
    I work IT, she works HR.
    I'm tech savvy, she has trouble with setting clocks.
    I'm an introvert, she's an extrovert.

Basically, we're two sides to one coin. She completes me.

So awesome to hear a man talk about his woman like this!!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We are both pretty close to the other's intelligence level, which is quite high according to testing. That's been the case with most of the people I've dated. The ones that were not as smart as me...well, those relationships didn't last very long.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Our high school and college grades were pretty similar but he is definitely smarter than I am. He is an engineer and he is very technical. I don't think I could even pass the math and science classes he took and aced. Now he is getting his MBA and so far he has all As. No way could I get all As in that program.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My wife is the brain, I'm the brawn....
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    my wife is pretty strong in everything but logic.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have never been concerned with who is smarter - never even gave it a thought. My wife is the best thing that ever happened to me; we are a team. I don't think that she really cares what my IQ or educational level is. I don't care what her's is either. We talk about everything from politics to Trigonometry. If she needs help with the dishes or wants to talk about our little one, I am on it!

... but I can tell you who runs faster!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Not as good as this
    Legos_smartphone_Rubiks_cube.gif
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    We compliment each other. I'm a nerd and an academic, but also pretty naive and impractical. He's also smart academically if it holds his attention, but I have more "patience" for that stuff.

He's much more practical and can read people like a book.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I'm smarter, by a lot. Then she had a baby and a friggin' genius now. The "baby stupids" never went away.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    my hubby is bloody brilliant - he picked me.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My husband always says that if my brains and his drive were combined into one person they would be unstoppable!! So we balance each other out :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    common sense I would say we are very close

Academically..I would say He might have me on that one by a LOOOONG shot ! He is super smart :)

Street smart---Hands down I win ...LOL

However where one lacks the other picks up so we mesh in perfect harmony !
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Where one lacks, the other makes up. He has his strengths as do I. But looking back at how we scored on standardized tests and school work... I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

^^^ this! ^^^^^

He knows history- I understand science.

My man has much better long-term retention than I do, though.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I'm smart but he is smarter:) Which is totally okay with me, I spent ten years with someone that was like a child who needed his shoes tied:noway:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm more book smart, she's more street smart.
    I learn faster, she tries harder.
    I work IT, she works HR.
    I'm tech savvy, she has trouble with setting clocks.
    I'm an introvert, she's an extrovert.

Basically, we're two sides to one coin. She completes me.

Holy crap - I think I just met my doppleganger. This is exactly like me and my wife. Except I don't exactly work in IT - rather EE, even though my main focus ends up being (to my dismay) dealing with computers.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    My SO is smarter academically and scientifically and probably in the technological arena as well. But I'm wiser than him in people smarts lol:bigsmile:
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    We both dumb as hell.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My estimation of my wife's intelligence has risen steadily over the years. In her field, she's incredibly knowledgeable. Her weakness is a tendency to fail to close the loop logically and many of her world views are contradictory.

I'm exactly smart enough to know NOT to get in a discussion like this with her.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm smarter than he gives me credit for. I'm certain in many tings I'm smarter than him, and others he's got me.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My husband and I, we have a pretty good balance. He cant spell, I struggle with anything beyond basic math skills.

We both know a little about a LOT of different things.

However he tends to be a bit obsessive/compulsive when he gets interested in something and reads all the available material and researches it until he knows as much as he can about it. Then he tells me everything he's discovered, but this doesn't bother me because it is usually something we are both interested in doing together anyways.

He's the driver, I'm the navigator.