250lbs and can use some friend in the same boat

Options

Replies

• littleengine74
    Options
    Hi there... 38 y/o female here. I don't have a defined 'final' goal yet, but it's in the 70-80 lbs range still to lose. Puttering through the last several months I've lost about 30. Feel free to add me!
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    Hello everyone - I am looking to lose quite a bit of weight, 75-80 lbs to be exact. Anyone that logs and workouts daily please feel free to add me if you'd like. We can all use the support and motivation. Good luck in reaching your goals!
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm right around 250, and I just started on MFP. Anyone please feel free to add me. I love to motivate people, because it consequently motivates me! :)
  • spunky_monkey
    Options
    Hey Girl! I'm in your boat! I have probably 80-100 lbs to lose. I am just starting with small goals, trying to build some healthy habits I can build off of. I find that I tend to take on too much, get discouraged and talk myself out of losing weight and end up gaining more. So, different approaches for hopefully better results! I have an elliptical trainer so I am trying to spend 30 minutes a day on it. I cut bread out of my diet (at least make it my best effort) because I find these are two small goals I can manage.

If you're looking for honest encouragement, I'm your girl! I'd be happy to help you on your journey! If not, I wish you all the luck in the world and encourage you to make small choices, every day and every meal :) Good luck!!
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm closing in on 250 and still have 100+ to go. Feel free to add me :)
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have alot left to lose... please feel free to add me! I would love to help cheer you on!!
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 236lbs 5"9. started out 285lbs - 290 at times five months ago. My goal weight is 180lbs so I am here with you. Because of my height I carry it well. but I still carry it.
  • jenine3
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you! Let's hope our boat sails to paradise and pal up! :)
  • sharkeller
    Options
    My name is Sharon. Im 5'5'' 225 lbs. Im 25. Hoping to stop gaining weight and being fat. Haha. Sometime you just get to a point where you think you should be better to your body and joints and have more energy and breathe better. Me and my boyfriend quit smoking on November 11th, it has be over a month now. We joined the gym in August - he looks better and clothes are looser but I still look the same! I have recently (past 2 weeks) been using myfitnesspal and making much better food. Our issue is portion control which we are working on as well.

I am working hard but am not seeing ANY results. since joinging the gym in august I have actually gained weight. Im just going to be MUCH stricter with my food.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am 231 lbs & this is my second time on MFP. We got this everyone!
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are so right one day at a time...
  • SuzanneK72
    Options
    I am 259.2 and just started yesterday. I would love to add some friends for support and encouragement.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I started @ 274 and is to 250 now and never felt more motivated then now.. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me people! I have a significant amount to loose as well!!
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm at 220.
    Fell free to add me! (:
  • RunnerKate28
    Options
    I am 244 and have 79 more pounds to lose! I am in the same boat as you with the friends who only need to lose a few pounds! Feel free to add me! :-)
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've lost some, but still have quite a bit to lose--anyone can add me. <3
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was 292. Feel free to add me.
  • bevjones350
    bevjones350 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    im 340 and i have a lot to lose so friend me
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    <AA meeting>Hello, my name is jerry, i have been using now for 6 months. I find myself going back to each and every day. its like a siren calling to me from the sea.</AA Meeting>

it was a pain in the *kitten* at first but realized it was worth it. i put everything in, double whopper with cheese, fries, pizza, everything i shouldnt eat. then as i saw what it was doing i made the stand and effort to change. it wasnt over night but i am now to the point that during the week my snacks encompass fat free pretzels instead of doritos, a banana instead of chocolate, pasta and chicken instead of greasy bar food.

6 months and an average of about 9lbs a month lost i have so far lost 52 lbs. still another 50 to go as i started at 297, but im in this for the long haul, not just to say, well i feel better now i can stop