"Fat Girls"

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Much worse things happen that don't get international press coverage. 'A waiter called us fat' is waaaay down on the list of bad things, a good dose of 'pull up your socks and get over it' is called for here! Fire the waiter. The end.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It was rude and unprofessional. The employee should be fired, the tab comped, and no more f*cks given.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    What happened to respect and common decency? We live in a society!!

A society where everything must be carefully said so as not to upset someone. Sorry, weak people are coddled enough.

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

they were out to dinner!!!!! its not his friggen place to call them fat girls.
    why shouldnt they be treated as well as anyone else?
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was teased so mercilessly about my weight growing up I wished I would die by the time I was in 4th grade. Seriously, I read a book about people who could will their heart to stop and I would try all the time to just will my heart to stop.

To all you people who *gave me the kick to get in shape* all you did was give me years of self hatred and self abuse.

This guy who labeled the thing as *fat girls* is a jerk. This behavior is unacceptable and unprofessional. Anyone who thinks this is the bright beacon light that will help these women get in shape quit justifying nasty behavior. They know they are fat. All you are doing is justifying plain rudeness.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

A society where everything must be carefully said so as not to upset someone. Sorry, weak people are coddled enough.

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

Listen, the fact is they weren't. It happened, it's not a nice thing to have happen, it's not professional. Nobody disagrees with those facts nor does anyone disagree with the fact that they were indeed fat girls. But if they're so offended why cry publicly and on an international level about it? It's not a horrendous abuse of human rights. Why is everyone so up in arms? It's hardly an atrocity. A little perspective is required perhaps!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Just watched the footage and the 'girls' are milking it for all they can, one has a trembling lip saying "We'll never get over this" purleeease, it's not like they've been physically attacked or something. Waaaay OTT.

It's like she said ^. They are being ridiculous, I'm referring to the situation. Yes, not nice, but they are milking it too much.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

Listen, the fact is they weren't. It happened, it's not a nice thing to have happen, it's not professional. Nobody disagrees with those facts nor does anyone disagree with the fact that they were indeed fat girls. But if they're so offended why cry publicly and on an international level about it? It's not a horrendous abuse of human rights. Why is everyone so up in arms? It's hardly an atrocity. A little perspective is required perhaps!

Exactly. Atrocity? I think not. There are much worse atrocities done daily.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Would I be too embarrassed to take this to the media? Absolutely!

Was that manager a total prick? Um yes.

Any name objectifying these women would be wrong - fat, fit, whatever. If I saw on my bill that I was labeled as "the black girl with big t*ts" - you bet I would want a full refund and giftcards for life.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

People will always seek out reasons to justify hatred. It's no longer politically correct to hate someone for the color of their skin because they have no control over it.... but people have control over their weight so it's okay to hate someone for being obese.... or at least that is the thinking of the ignorant fools in this thread that you are responding to.

Of course, they don't realize that there are many people who may not have control because of physical conditions... and in many cases that don't have control for emotional conditions... but it is much easier to hate than show compassion.

For those who hate obese people, do NOT think that this is any different than hating someone for the color of their skin. If you don't know someone's medical or emotional health, then you have no idea why they have not managed to control their weight. You do NOT have a right to judge!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I think the differences between the men's reactions and the women's reactions on this thread are interesting.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    yes it is completely inappropriate and unprofessional and yes that guy should lose his job. But those girls are being waaayyyyyy too dramatic. They really need to stop being such babies. Sorry for throwing my likely unpopular opinion out there, but I had to say it!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    It was rude and unprofessional. The employee should be fired, the tab comped, and no more f*cks given.

This.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I think the differences between the men's reactions and the women's reactions on this thread are interesting.

Care to go into a little more detail?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

agreed
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

People will always seek out reasons to justify hatred. It's no longer politically correct to hate someone for the color of their skin because they have no control over it.... but people have control over their weight so it's okay to hate someone for being obese.... or at least that is the thinking of the ignorant fools in this thread that you are responding to.

Of course, they don't realize that there are many people who may not have control because of physical conditions... and in many cases that don't have control for emotional conditions... but it is much easier to hate than show compassion.

For those who hate obese people, do NOT think that this is any different than hating someone for the color of their skin. If you don't know someone's medical or emotional health, then you have no idea why they have not managed to control their weight. You do NOT have a right to judge!

Hmm, are you not judging the "ignorant fools in this thread" then?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

Care to go into a little more detail?

Oh just how most of the men are like "eh... are they fat?"....... and the women are like "burn them at the stake!"
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

oh i completely agree it should not be international news.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I want to know if the ladies in question were fat.
    If it was the other way round and it had been labeled " fit girls"
    They woul have been really happy.
    So why should rhey be shocked if it was an accurate representation of them?

Maybe it will be the kick they need to get in shape.

Um, no. Whether someone is fat can be a judgement that varies widely from person to person. It's exactly the same as labeling them "ugly girls" on the receipt. Not professional, not ok.

Well said! I agree.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

Hmm, are you not judging the "ignorant fools in this thread" then?

Nice try. I'm not hating you for your ignorance though...
This discussion has been closed.