"Fat Girls"

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What happened to respect and common decency? We live in a society!!

A society where everything must be carefully said so as not to upset someone. Sorry, weak people are coddled enough.

are you kidding me?

coddled? carefully said?

they were out to dinner!!!!! its not his friggen place to call them fat girls.
    why shouldnt they be treated as well as anyone else?

People will always seek out reasons to justify hatred. It's no longer politically correct to hate someone for the color of their skin because they have no control over it.... but people have control over their weight so it's okay to hate someone for being obese.... or at least that is the thinking of the ignorant fools in this thread that you are responding to.

Of course, they don't realize that there are many people who may not have control because of physical conditions... and in many cases that don't have control for emotional conditions... but it is much easier to hate than show compassion.

For those who hate obese people, do NOT think that this is any different than hating someone for the color of their skin. If you don't know someone's medical or emotional health, then you have no idea why they have not managed to control their weight. You do NOT have a right to judge!

Hmm, are you not judging the "ignorant fools in this thread" then?

Nice try. I'm not hating you for your ignorance though...

No you're just a hypocrite.

I am hypocrite for comparing the hatred of fat people with racism?

Is a racist who hates someone for the color of their skin not an ignorant fool?

If you don't know the reasons why these women are "fat", then are you not ignorant?

We are all equally ignorant as to the reason behind their obesity. You are not exempt from that ignorance either by the way. I don't think it's relevant anyway why they are fat. They are fat but the waiter was still in the wrong. We all have opinions on this and yours is no more valid than anyone else's.

And the fact that you've resorted to name-calling actually clouds any good point that you might have been trying to make.

Ignorant and fool are synonyms. Judging someone without the facts makes you ignorant and a fool.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    OH NO! The fat people are going to be up in arms?! No big deal is it, it's not like they're going to be out marching, just whining on TV about a silly waiter. *I'm out, too many crazy people in this thread*
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pirates, common decency no longer exist sadly :frown:

I can't tell you how many times I have been called "fat girl" and honestly, I will admit I am still very much fat. But I wouldn't want for someone to put it on a receipt because I am a paying patron. If this ever happened to me, I would say "thanks captain obvious, I want to speak to your manager" but i wouldn't want to go to tv with it. :noway:

Honestly though, I couldn't order 900 bucks in food. I have a hard time ordering 20 bucks in food at a restaurant.:flowerforyou:

From the receipt it looks like the food total was $25.50, not $900.

121208032538_rcpt-circ.jpg

I don't know where Brett is seeing $900... ??
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options
    TO: Usedtobeahusky:

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, what's your cousin got to do with this??!

Is "ignorant" your word of the day, you certainly like to use it alot.

One last thing, thank you SOOOO much for your compliment, I am actually 10 years older than you! :bigsmile:

Wow, you do not look it! You look great! x
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, what's your cousin got to do with this??!

One last thing, thank you SOOOO much for your compliment, I am actually 10 years older than you! :bigsmile:

Yeah, I edited that. You look young

Anyway, my cousin is judged for being obese...; but the people who judge her are ignorant to why she is obese.

That is my point. It is not justified to judge someone for their size ever. You are making an assumption that they have control of their situation when there are times that they don't.

I am leaving this conversation at this point because I actually have a family engagement to attend this evening, but I hope you at least consider the points that I have made.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The three women took this story to mainstream media to make a point. We "fat people" DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS *kitten*.
    NOT gonna let it slide - NOT gonna slink out and say nothing - HELL NO.

Exactly...

If they had let it slide what would have happened? Maybe it would have been looked at by the company, maybe not. Maybe things would have changed, maybe they wouldn't have.

Now, you best believe other companies are sitting up, taking note and thinking "perhaps we need to ensure our employees know how to treat all customers, irrespective of how they look with respect" and putting steps in place to achieve that.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    OH NO! The fat people are going to be up in arms?! No big deal is it, it's not like they're going to be out marching, just whining on TV about a silly waiter. *I'm out, too many crazy people in this thread*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alliejoberry
    Options
    After reading about all the parties involved, I have to say: I'd rather be overweight than be an @$$hole.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    After reading about all the parties involved, I have to say: I'd rather be overweight than be an @$$hole.

I feel the same way.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

Anyway, my cousin is judged for being obese...; but the people who judge her are ignorant to why she is obese.

That is my point. It is not justified to judge someone for their size ever. You are making an assumption that they have control of their situation when there are times that they don't.

I am leaving this conversation at this point because I actually have a family engagement to attend this evening, but I hope you at least consider the points that I have made.

I think you're confusing me with Jeff!

Have fun at your family function. :smile:
  • psychic_atrophy
    Options
    This is 100% not ok ever. It doesn't matter if someone is 100 pounds or 300 pounds, no stranger has the right to comment on another person's body! And yes these girls are heavy, so are a lot of people on MFP, including myself. But we are all here working to get healthy. Just because someone is currently overweight it doesn't mean they aren't making strides to improve themselves.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

I feel the same way.

Wonderful input, you've both really contributed to the debate. Great points made. Pat yourselves on your backs for stooping to cursing. Great. Really. *blank stare*
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

This is true. There are some people who have *NO* control over their weight. They have medical conditions that cause obesity. People always assume that it's over-eating and laziness. For some of us that's the case (guilty!), but not for others. This is why we shouldn't judge people that we don't even know.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Exactly.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I feel the same way.

Ditto!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I feel the same way.

Wonderful input, you've both really contributed to the debate. Great points made. Pat yourselves on your backs for stooping to cursing. Great. Really. *blank stare*

Well we can see your choice! :laugh:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think prejudice should always be met with strength.
  • skinnyinnotime
    Options

This is true. There are some people who have *NO* control over their weight. They have medical conditions that cause obesity. People always assume that it's over-eating and laziness. For some of us that's the case (guilty!), but not for others. This is why we shouldn't judge people that we don't even know.

Yes it is, but let's be honest, these people are a very small minority.
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

I feel the same way.

Well we can see your choice! :laugh:

What choice is that?
This discussion has been closed.