How do you take your coffee?

Options
Hello guys,

Just wondering how you all take your coffee is you're counting calories. I LOVE coffee, have an addiction I can admit to it LOL. But I take mine with cream and sugar, I've tried it Black, black with just sugar and I can't any other way. However, I am not into sugar substitutes (used to use splenda all the time) because I am trying to eat more "clean". So I am wondering will I have to forfeit my coffee (I almost shed a tear typing that) or is there a healthier way to drink coffee with the flavor I like? Also I am watching carb intake for Insulin Resistance/PCOS

Replies

• heidimaggott78
    Options
    I use a Stevia based sweetener and milk
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Crisp!

(Sorry, a bad reference to an old chocolate bar commercial.)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I take mine with one sugar and a splash of milk or cream for about 30-odd calories. You have two choices here. 1. Take your coffee as you normally do and work it into your calories for the day or 2. Cut down on the amount of sugar, cream or both that you put in your coffee.

Sugar is only 15 calories per teaspoon and cream is about 20 calories per tablespoon. You would need quite an amount of both to make a highly caloric coffee. Slowly ease up on the amount of both you use per day if you need to shave calories. You get used to it fairly quickly (I cut my sugar and cream use in half).
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I use a sugar free vanilla creamer, it is really good and I personally couldn't tell the difference when I switched. I am also addicted to coffee and will never give it up. I work it into my calories for the day. Now, I actually had to buy the regular cream one day and I didn't like it. So, you may have to get used to it, but if you are serious about wanting less sugar, you will suck it up for a few days and it will be all good after that! Good luck :happy:
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    Strong & Black
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Strong & Black
    "Like my men"
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Splash of skim milk
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I take it with cream, usually a flavored creamer and count it all into my calories for the day. Today I'm trying a fat free powdered creamer and a sugar free coffee syrup for much less calories than the flavored creamer I usually have. It's OK, but I don't like the aftertaste of the splenda in the syrup. Might take some getting used to. I wouldn't mind going back to drinking it black, but my tummy no longer likes that (which is why I now drink it with cream).
  • EveMother
    Options
    I take mine with a flavored creamer and Stevia...I just work it into my calories for the day.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    With fat free cream and equal-neither of which probably fit into your clean eating. But I refuse to give up coffee, and I drink a lot of it (22 cal/cup for me). Good luck-like all things, we must either modify the amount or the way we consume certain things or find a way to fit our unmodified consumption into our goals (just as was said above). I value coffee, and those around me much prefer my company when I drink it-thus I modified to accommodate that.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I brew it with a teaspoon of cinnamon per pot, then strong and black.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dark roast with a couple tbsp of unsweetened almond milk.
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take mine with a flavored creamer and Stevia...I just work it into my calories for the day.

Truvia or Nectresse too
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Black, by the bucket.....
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Black, bold, with stevia extract
  • APESteacher
    Options
    Intravenously
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    2 tsp of sugar, and 2 Tbsp half and half.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Usually with sugar free french vanilla....Sometimes with a little splenda as needed.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    2 cups black with 3 packets of stevia

but i just tried Truvia and LOOVVVEEE it :)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    With ice and 1.5-2 tbs flavored creamer. It's under 100 calories and being conscious is worth it to me! :)