Day 1 of 30 day Slimdown

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
I just finished this plan and feel the results are amazing. I wasn't able to do it in 30 day. It took me 45.

I didn't lose a lot of pounds; but, built and toned muscles...pulled inches off the mid-section (4") to be exact.

Just click on download the plan which incorporates all three of Jillian Michaels' DVD's: 30 day shred, No more trouble zones and Burn fat, boost metabolism

If you've finished 30 day shred this will build on it.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

Anybody interested in starting?

Replies

• aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would love to!!! I only have 30 Day Shred, though. But it looks like that's all I need for the first 2 days, so maybe I'll be able to find the other two at Wal-Mart or something. I've been doing 30 Day Shred about 3-4 days a week for the past few weeks, so I'm already on level 2, so I'll probably stick with that instead of starting at level 1.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Glad that your joining...that sounds like a good plan. I did get mine at Walmart for about $9.00 each.

Since this is my second round, I will switch level 1 with 2 and level 2 with 3. Today is Day 1 for me and I am going to beat my first time of 45 days.

Good luck to us!!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me..I actually restarted the 30 day shred...so today I did level 1 day 2...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Great to have another on-board!!!!

Today I took my measurements and tomorrow I will weigh in with my other group. Thinking of maybe taking some pictures as well. Would love to see the changes after another 30 days.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    In about 2 weeks I'll be jumping in :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Excellent...don't forget swimsuit season is coming....see you in two weeks
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You bet! I just did 18 days in a row of the shred, but had to take today off as i was sore from taking the kids ice skating. I'll jump back in tomorrow. I have two days left on level 2, then my last 10 on level 3. Then i will begin the slim down! Im a little nervous about the 40 minute videos but i think it will be a nice change :)

we are taking the kids to great wolf lodge in a few weeks, so i'll already have to wear a bathing suit. Hopefully i can lose another inch or two before we go!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have to the Kalahari. I have heard great things about the great wolf tho

The 40 minute videos are tough....but, when they are done, you feel amazingly good about yourself
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! Hi all!

I just finished day 1. Man am I out of shape. I haven't done much the last week or so cause I was sick, then the kids were sick and just lack of sleep. I tried to not take breaks but had to. I will do better tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be too sore.

I just have to relay my efforts in actually doing this day 1. I put the kids to bed and popped the dvd in the player. Got through the intros to the menu, no remote. One kid crying so I calmed her down and got her back in bed. Came back and looked for a remote - nothing. So, I have to pick up all the toys in the computer/toy room and pop the dvd into the computer. Then, the thing isn't playing. I take it out, clean it a litte, and pop it back in. The stupid thing is skipping through the warm up. So, I take it out, put some chapstick on it and put it back in. Finally, this time it works and I was ready to go, only 45 minutes later. Well, there's my dedication to this.

I'm really hoping we do this in as close to 30 days as we can. We are on our way!!
  • MegKacz
    Options
    Hi everyone! My roommate and I just did Level 1, Day 2. Spring Break here we come!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yep, spring break is on the way...I have taken my measurements this morning and will weigh in tomorrow:sad: ...goal is to be done in less than 45 days...way to go everyone!!!!:drinker:
  • ZacharysMom
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't heard about these videos. I need to check them out. What's the deal with them? I'm looking to lose weight so if this would help I'm game. Funny how everyone is talking about going somewhere this because thats what I will be doing this weekend.. We are going to the Chula Vista. I'm a little worried about going up there and being in the mix of all kinds of bad food. I think I will go to the workout room at night :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    You may have another joiner... coming soon! (I don't have BFBM or NMTZ) . Until I get them, I'll be doing some shredding, but I'll follow along and cheer you all on. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't heard about these videos. I need to check them out. What's the deal with them? I'm looking to lose weight so if this would help I'm game. Funny how everyone is talking about going somewhere this because thats what I will be doing this weekend.. We are going to the Chula Vista. I'm a little worried about going up there and being in the mix of all kinds of bad food. I think I will go to the workout room at night :)

Check out the link on the first post...will give you schedule and videos you need....the results are awesome
  • nisijam5
    Options
    You may have another joiner... coming soon! (I don't have BFBM or NMTZ) . Until I get them, I'll be doing some shredding, but I'll follow along and cheer you all on. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!

Great to have you...Walmart sells them.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing Level 2 of 30 day shred tonight, this will be day 1 for me. I still haven't picked up the other 2 DVDs, but I think I will tonight or tomorrow.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

Thank you! I've checked my Wal-Mart, it doesn't carry them, so I'll have to order... How's it going?
  • nisijam5
    Options

Thank you! I've checked my Wal-Mart, it doesn't carry them, so I'll have to order... How's it going?

I know that Target has them as well...maybe try there or order off Comcast.

I started Day 1 with level 2 since this is my second time around....I am definately sore....Tonight, I have to do it again

I am swimsuit shopping tonight...that will definately motivate me to move it, move it, move it

Good luck all and good riddens to muffin rolls!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Shannon,

I use a polar monitor and burn about 200 calories for shred 1 & 2...you weigh less than me; so, you would probably would not burn quite as much. The heavier you are, the more weights you have to move and thus burns more calories. I would say a good estimate for you is about 170. I took the percentages off our weights and applied it to the calories.

Or, you could just enter it as circuit training in MFP
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a day of workouts....I did JM no more trouble zones, it kicked my *kitten*, I had to modify the squats...recovering from 2 blood clots, my legs is much better but still swollen so I can't do full squats w/o pain. I also modify any jumping..I also did 30 day shred, BL power sculpt and 30 min on the treadmill...

I thnk for now I will continue with the 30 day shred and see if I can handle the banish fat boost metabolism..I'm looking forward to my new body in 30 days