Why in the hell won't my fat burn!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• acalta
    acalta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, I hate to break it to you, but about, 90% of what you are eating I wouldn't call healthy?

Yes, you do have fruit. But where is your lean protein? You aren't eating any vegetables, and what little protein you do have is processed and pumped full of sodium.

ETA-- the fats in your diet are also mostly partially hydrogenated (ie, the margarine). I really believe that body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more), so in order to develop more muscle tone you are going to need to eat more lean protein, less processed carbohydrates, and replace the trans fats with stuff like avocado, olive oil, and nuts.

Whoah! You sound awfully picky about what you consider healthy. There are no bad foods, just bad diets.

Definitely do not agree with this...there are alot of bad foods...especially processed ones. Your body is what you make it...you are what you eat. Consume foods that are closest to nature and reap the rewards....Lean meats like turkey chop meat and chicken breast, healthy fats like olive oil nuts and avocado, healthy carbs to fuel your workouts as in sweet pototo(low GI index) and brown rice...oats...mix with fruit.

So you hunt your own turkey and chicken? You grow your own potatoes and press your own olive oil? Sorry, but if you buy them at the store, they're processed.

And brown rice is just plain gross. Eww.

It's called fresh and easy and whole food stores and farmer's markets, so you don't have to hunt your own turkey duh! Avoid saturated fats, genetically modified foods, fillers, artificial flavors ect. I'm sorry but this post was pretty Ignorant. :noway:

Agree! And my god, leave this poor girl alone. She asked for advice and people attack her because she doesn't have enough weight to lose??? We all have our own insecurities, and body issues. I thought that is why we are all here....
  • I always heard that to lose weight, we should exercise 6 times a week. 3 or 4 times a week is to MAINTAIN weight.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    So, I hate to break it to you, but about, 90% of what you are eating I wouldn't call healthy?

Yes, you do have fruit. But where is your lean protein? You aren't eating any vegetables, and what little protein you do have is processed and pumped full of sodium.

ETA-- the fats in your diet are also mostly partially hydrogenated (ie, the margarine). I really believe that body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more), so in order to develop more muscle tone you are going to need to eat more lean protein, less processed carbohydrates, and replace the trans fats with stuff like avocado, olive oil, and nuts.

Whoah! You sound awfully picky about what you consider healthy. There are no bad foods, just bad diets.

Definitely do not agree with this...there are alot of bad foods...especially processed ones. Your body is what you make it...you are what you eat. Consume foods that are closest to nature and reap the rewards....Lean meats like turkey chop meat and chicken breast, healthy fats like olive oil nuts and avocado, healthy carbs to fuel your workouts as in sweet pototo(low GI index) and brown rice...oats...mix with fruit.

So you hunt your own turkey and chicken? You grow your own potatoes and press your own olive oil? Sorry, but if you buy them at the store, they're processed.

It's called fresh and easy and whole food stores and farmer's markets, so you don't have to hunt your own turkey duh! Avoid saturated fats, genetically modified foods, fillers, artificial flavors ect. I'm sorry but this post was pretty Ignorant. :noway:

Agree! And my god, leave this poor girl alone. She asked for advice and people attack her because she doesn't have enough weight to lose??? We all have our own insecurities, and body issues. I thought that is why we are all here....

i dont remember seeing anyone attack her for not having enough weight to lose, i did however, see people tell her that she should be nicer to herself in regards to calling her self disgusting, since she is not as overweight as she sees herself as being... big difference!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I always heard that to lose weight, we should exercise 6 times a week. 3 or 4 times a week is to MAINTAIN weight.

That's not true. I am losing weight and only workout 3 times a week. If I workout 6 times a week my body wouldn't have enough time to heal and recoup.

I think, To lose weight you burn more calories than you eat. To improve body composition you add exercise.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Thank you. FYI, to the original poster disagreeing with me--- no one is saying that you need to "hunt your own turkey" for it to be healthy. What she has logged in her diary (to which I was referring) was highly processed "deli" meat that is pumped full of saline solution. I think you have a skewed view of what processed means--any nutritionist will tell you that common terminology/use of the word "processed" in nutrition terms refers to food that has either been stripped of its original constituents (such as white rice), or added to (such as crackers). Potatoes and olive oil? Not the case. Do your research before you post about something you clearly don't have all the facts on.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said "you aren't burning more than you are taking in". There is a problem somewhere in logging or portion size I would guess.

I would also cut back on the carbs but that is just me. All this sidetracked BS is a PIA to wade through to get to some simple helpful answers.

P.S. I do hunt my own turkey, raise my own chickens, and grow my own potatoes :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Your diet actually looks good to me maybe try lifting heavier weights
  • thephysiquemechanic
    Options

Thank you. FYI, to the original poster disagreeing with me--- no one is saying that you need to "hunt your own turkey" for it to be healthy. What she has logged in her diary (to which I was referring) was highly processed "deli" meat that is pumped full of saline solution. I think you have a skewed view of what processed means--any nutritionist will tell you that common terminology/use of the word "processed" in nutrition terms refers to food that has either been stripped of its original constituents (such as white rice), or added to (such as crackers). Potatoes and olive oil? Not the case. Do your research before you post about something you clearly don't have all the facts on.

Agreed. I meant processed in the same manor. "Whoah! You sound awfully picky about what you consider healthy. There are no bad foods, just bad diets." This is far from the truth. Foods differ greatly and whether you want to lose 1 lb or 100 lbs you should gear yourself towards eating and cooking the healthiest foods possible so not only are you losing the wieght but you are keeping your body healthy for the long term. I dont care if you think brown rice is disgusting, you find a healthy way to enjoy even some of the worst tasting foods. Where there is a will theres a way. Liquid aminos work wonders on brown rice and low sodium tuna. So many healthy choices to be made and processed foods can be avoided very easily. No i dont raise my own chickens...but i do grown my own sweet potatos and other veggies when spring and summer is around. lmao.
  • LishaCole
    Options
    You mentioned type 1 diabetes? As sugar consumption and insulin signalling directly regulate fat synthesis and fat burning, I would suggest talking to your endocrinologist about losing weight. He/She may have some helpful ideas. It is possible that timing of your simple carbohydrate meals and insulin shots may hinder your fat burning throughout the day.
  • Second the question about breastfeeding- apologies if you've answered it. Might be a factor hindering you, I don't know.

I held onto the baby weight for ages... in fact, my weight rose considerably in her first year. Then, as my baby breastfed less and less, it came off. She is now on just two small feeds a day at two years old, and my weight is in the healthy BMI range again, but I still have a way to go... suspect the rest will come off when she is weaned.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Type I diabetes means you need to take insulin daily to cover your food consumption? If so this may also make your best weight-loss diet different than that of non-diabetics. Your strenth training seems like a really good approach. Have you already tried lower carb - less fruit and grain / more vegis and protein?
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oh and I found a scale today at the docs office. I now weigh 150lbs so I guess I lost 5lbs in a month and a half so something is working. Its just slow as hell! I just hope that the scale I first weighed myself on was correct at 155lbs. Some scales differ significantly.

you know I lose only about 2 lbs per month, so your loss is really better than most of us...just be patient...it takes time...but stick to it...I have lost a total of 37 lbs, but it took me 2 years....
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Your goal should be for half a pound a week since you are close to goal. So, make your daily deficit 250 calories or so.
  • chaosqueen01
    chaosqueen01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jumping in without heaving read all the formerly posts, just had a quick glance.

For me the best advice I could get was trying to have my cardio exercises at a heart rate between 120 and 140 bpm. Especially when you get started you should stay here, so your body learns to burn fat instead of sugars or, much worser, muscles.

I've started running an August and did a similar to the C25k program, besides I'm in a spinning class (where my heart rate goes much higher, but it is okay if it is not with every workout and all the time), and now I have to punch a new hole in my belt. :) I didn't lose that much weight, but for the first time in my life it seems that my body burns the fat.

Besides: Sore muscles are not the best evidence for a good workout, what I've always thought. I haven't had this feeling in a while, but I'm feeling good and healthy.

About the food: As long as you eat less than you burn, you should lose weight. Sometimes you need more food, but 1,500kcal a day sounds good. And I had a sneak peek on your diary, which I think is not bad. There is nothing like "bad food", there is only food one should not eat in big amounts or too often.
  • theryan244
    theryan244 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "You also have a lot of simple sugars/simple carbs there as well...these go straight to fat storage." Wtf does that even mean? Do not give advice you cannot provide evidence for. I know you can't provide evidence for this claim because it is false. It is incredibly frustrating to see this kind of logic thrive throughout the fitness community.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    How long have you been going at it? It takes months to see results...
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need more time. I know I've been at this for months, and barely any change in fat, although a major difference in weight. Maybe try to cut down on how much bread you eat (not that bread is unhealthy, just that I saw a lot in your food diary. I treat bread more like a once a day at max type of thing. sometimes I don't even eat it. Try making a pizza with cauliflower crust, it's really delicious and full of nutrients without bread.) But really, above all, just give it time. It will come off eventually so don't worry.
  • theryan244
    theryan244 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sodium is energy free, therefore, not a macronutrient and will not affect overall body composition. An extreme, uncommon, acute intake of sodium may cause some temporary water retention, but this is completely unrelated to the original poster's question regarding fat loss. Don't call out other people for not knowing their facts when you preach bull**** pseudoscience claiming that "body comp is 3/4 because of what you eat (if not more)."
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    coz it doesnt happen over night ffs
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Saline makes you fat. :laugh:
    Olive oil is stripped of its original constituents, those being olives.

Facts? You ain't got none.

ETA: OP - how long have you been at this? It will come off, it takes time.