women bench pressing

Options

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Women shouldn't bench press. It'll mash their boobs.

:huh: :frown: :noway: :grumble:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

So it's a Smith machine? I think you'd have to go down in weights to do a normal bench press.

I guess it is a smith machine ( I had to google it :tongue: )

You need more stabilizer muscles to control the bar when you aren't using the Smiths machine, so you would likely have to decrease your weight to do a normal bench press, if you have access to a bench and a bar, I highly recommend you switch, but if you don't... keep on keeping on!

:drinker:

(180? that it? Pfft....)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Ummmm actually it can make da boobies look bigger. Check yo' self.

Pretty sure it mashes them flat. 30 Day Shred. That's what chicks should be doing. Helps with long lean muscle instead of smashed boobies and bulky muscle. Just make sure you get plenty of healthy fats.

I really hope you are trolling.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Bench press and overhead press are those types that at least I think..are really hard for women to progress on. Just take it slow..and even micro plate it..if need be. Sometimes its hard to add 5 pounds next workout...but 2 is doable with the one pound microplates...some gyms have...some dont..

My last one was 120...no where CLOSE to my actual weight though... lol and I have been lifting heavy for 4 months...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it mashes them flat. 30 Day Shred. That's what chicks should be doing. Helps with long lean muscle instead of smashed boobies and bulky muscle. Just make sure you get plenty of healthy fats.

You obviously have never spotted for a woman who bench presses. If that's the case....I'm sorry. I'm crying inside just a little for you.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    5'3" I weigh 161..... and i lift 170lbs not counting the bar..

do you compete? because i think that might be above the national record for women's raw bench press if you add the bar weight. certainly better than the state records in my state.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    125 x 10 x 3

and you are doing amazing btw :flowerforyou:
  • mominwi419
    Options
    95 pounds x 5 sets x 5 reps

Hoping to be at or above 100 by the end of the year!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

^^ then I want flat boobies! I can BP 75# on my own 95# with my trainer spotting me
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

You obviously have never spotted for a woman who bench presses. If that's the case....I'm sorry. I'm crying inside just a little for you.

Shouldn't have to spot them - spotters aren't used for Ripped in 30
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options

do you compete? because i think that might be above the national record for women's raw bench press if you add the bar weight. certainly better than the state records in my state.

You could have beat out all but 4 in your weight class.
    http://www.usapowerlifting.com/results/2012/2012_Womens_National_Results.htm

And all you buff ladies rock :D
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    1) strstd.com lets you put in your weights, then it tells you how awesome you are for bench, squat, deadlift, and OHP.
    2) Last time I benched, I PRed 95lbx5 @ 150 lb bodyweight.
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow......... Lol. Some people just shouldn't open their mouths. :noway: .
  • cmcollins001
    Options

So, how many times have you finished Ripped in 30?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Wow......... Lol. Some people just shouldn't open their mouths. :noway: .

If being concerned about boobs is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Not as many as I would like
  • cmcollins001
    Options

Not as many as I would like

Well, keep at it. There are plenty of people here to give you the support you need. You CAN do it!!! And go find a nice lady to spot for...it'll help.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I usually DB bench 60lbs (total of 120lbs) at about 6 reps for 4 sets... I haven't tested my max on traditional BB bench in awhile but I think the last time I did 135lb for 4 on 2 sets... I'm now curious to find out what my max actually is... :smile:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

The good news is that I only have to double my bench/squat and deadlift results to compete. LOL.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

The good news is that I only have to double my bench/squat and deadlift results to compete. LOL.

...and move halfway across the world.