women bench pressing

Options

Replies

• a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I usually DB bench 60lbs (total of 120lbs) at about 6 reps for 4 sets... I haven't tested my max on traditional BB bench in awhile but I think the last time I did 135lb for 4 on 2 sets... I'm now curious to find out what my max actually is... :smile:

Your bod... I want to be you! You look amazing! :love:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Women shouldn't bench press. It'll mash their boobs.

Ummmm actually it can make da boobies look bigger. Check yo' self.

Pretty sure it mashes them flat. 30 Day Shred. That's what chicks should be doing. Helps with long lean muscle instead of smashed boobies and bulky muscle. Just make sure you get plenty of healthy fats.

The real question is how any of this is going to make my sandwich taste better
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5'3" I weigh 161..... and i lift 170lbs not counting the bar..

Why wouldn't you count the bar?

I keep track of just the weights in a book, try to lift more as I go.... No reason really lol

So that would be with a smith machine then?
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it mashes them flat. 30 Day Shred. That's what chicks should be doing. Helps with long lean muscle instead of smashed boobies and bulky muscle. Just make sure you get plenty of healthy fats.

Oh no you di-nt

laser-kitteh_zps39c205f1.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I usually DB bench 60lbs (total of 120lbs) at about 6 reps for 4 sets... I haven't tested my max on traditional BB bench in awhile but I think the last time I did 135lb for 4 on 2 sets... I'm now curious to find out what my max actually is... :smile:

That is badassery and awesomeness.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

30 Day Shred is only 20 minutes. That leaves her plenty of time for sammich making. Unlike the time necessary to actually make increases in bench press - which will also flatten boobs. Then you have mashed flat boobs and less time to perfect sammich making. The logic is irrefutable: chicks shouldn't bench press. Shirt press - that's fine. Bench press - no good can come of it.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I haven't benched much lately, just because I mostly run and don't hit a gym much. However now I do 20 pull-ups and 60 push-ups daily. When I did bench I was almost doing my body weight. I weighed about 125 and benched 115.
  • DavPul
    Options

30 Day Shred is only 20 minutes. That leaves her plenty of time for sammich making. Unlike the time necessary to actually make increases in bench press - which will also flatten boobs. Then you have mashed flat boobs and less time to perfect sammich making. The logic is irrefutable: chicks shouldn't bench press. Shirt press - that's fine. Bench press - no good can come of it.

She doesn't have to press my shirts anymore. She was awful at it so I take the shirts to the cleaners now. It works out because I subtract the cost from her allowance.

But the sandwich making, that's non negotiable
  • DavPul
    Options

Janae, awesome shoulders and great stats. I would be honored to make you a sandwich. (but only the one time, of course)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Janae, awesome shoulders and great stats. I would be honored to make you a sandwich. (but only the one time, of course)

Don't accept the sammich! It's a trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm currently stuck at 75 # (incuding bar) x5 x5
  • lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    88 pounds or 40 kg
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to see what people bench percentage wise, in terms of their body weight.
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Haa, I feel so weak! When I have been diligent about training for bench press the best I could do is 110 pounds as a one rep max. Now, I bet I couldn't even get 100 lbs on it :(
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The bar plus 20lbs. Not too much yet, but I'm working my way up.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to see what people bench percentage wise, in terms of their body weight.

70% :sad:
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I too am having a hard time increasing my weight. I'm currently stuck at doing 135lb about 4-5 times over a course of 3 sets.
    I do enjoy incline more so than flat. Harder, but seems to be less stressful on my shoulder area.
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a 1rm on an Olympic BB yet (no spotter) but the last time I used a Smith machine, the weight was set at 95. I prefer dumbbell bench and am currently doing 40 pound DB for 6-8 reps X 4 sets. Me chest is my weak area for the most part but it is getting better. :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My Max is 110% of my body weight. 1 rep.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    it's not how much, but how WELL you do it ;)