Beautiful Blues 2/15/10

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    so today I didn't go to the doctor. I had an episode lastnight at wrestling practice and when i woke up this morning I was pretty shaky and didn't feel safe leaving the house. I did reschedule however for Monday. I'm hoping over the weekend I can concentrate on myself and get a little bit better to help get me to the doctor on Monday.

thank you so much for love and support.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing good today. I've been doing the Insanity program for 2 weeks and this week I found myself feeling so hungry like never before. I went and read the Nutrition guide for the Insanity program and I have changed my calories so that I can eat more. I'm going to see how the weight loss goes now and I now feel more satisfied. So, I guess it's a good idea to read the nutrition guide of any exercise program we're following and to also listen to our hunger levels. I'll be checking my weight loss in 1 week to see how it works out.

Have a great weekend all!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    j_g4ever - Is there any pattern when these things happen?.. is it after taking medication, maybe not 30 mins, but even 1 or 2 hours?.. If you are still taking the same medication that you were 50+lbs ago, i'm sure that might have alot to do with it.

Almomay - Here I thought it was men who didn't read manuals :laugh: :wink: - Good luck with the change. None of my business of course, but with all these changes you make - you should probably give your body more time to see how you adjust ??

Debnu - Hope your feeling better, Plenty of rest, drink lots of liquids

Chrissy - You rock

I was also feeling in a good mood today. Let's pass the goodness around

- It's Friday - My belt I'm on the last hole again (think I've made 4 or 5 holes) - my 36" jeans are getting loose, and might go looking for a pair of 34" soon to see how they fit.
    I burned 680 calories last night with EA and again tonight another 670 - One heck of a leg workout this evening .
    workout # 16 of 20 of the 30 day challenge .

I'm off to make myself an egg white western omelette.

Be good everyone.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Made some Mahi Mahi for dinner--even hubby liked it...:bigsmile: It's nice when that happens. We heard back from the bank today, less than 24hrs after our offer they countered it--but just to make it in their paperwork and jargon. It looks as though we have the house. It isn't for sure yet, they still have to sign the official paperwork but then we start the whole process of getting to the close.

I am taking it easy--trying to drink a lot, my house shows for my easiness of the way. Thanks for all your concern.

j_g, I am sorry you have had such a rough 24 hours. Take care. I hope that you can get this all figured out easily!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I ended up at the instacare tonight--was having some wheezing. They started me on an inhaler to help with that. I feel much better already actually. It is amazing what getting enough air will do...:noway: Hope you are all doing well!

:flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Debnu I hope you feel better soon i know what the chest crud can do to you.

I decided to stay with my family for an extra day, they need a babysitter for my neice Monday night so I voluntered :love: .
    I have updated my resume and filled out 3 online applications in the last 2 days so hopefully something will pan out

Hope yall are doing well, I will check in when I can

Taradise enjoy the cruise :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I ended up at the instacare tonight--was having some wheezing. They started me on an inhaler to help with that. I feel much better already actually. It is amazing what getting enough air will do...:noway: Hope you are all doing well!

:flowerforyou:

glad you are feeling better.

I'm going into the doctor on Monday. My hubby is working however I'm lucky to have my parent who live right in town so if something happens they can come and get me. there hasn't been much of a pattern to them. I have however talked to my cousin who has kept pretty good track of my condition and told her about the lowering meds because of the weight loss and she said that might be a good one and that she would have never thought of that. So thank you guys so much. I don't think I would have ever thought of that either. Even if I'm not feeling good on Monday to drive I will make sure that we talk over the phone to figure something out. I'm trying my hardest to eat right however I have to say its hard when you can't exercise and just sit around.
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI all,

Debnu- I hope you feel better and get some rest.

jg- Glad you are doing well. It's always good to talk to family members, that always makes me feel better.

smadag- Glad you're working hard on the job search. I'm also searching for work and keeping a positive mind about it.

I was at church today and then went to visit my mom who lives a 15 minute drive away. We had dinner and I ate a little more than expected, but it's not an everyday thing for me. I got home late but managed to squeeze in a 27 minute session of 30 day shred level 2.

Have a good night all.
  • debnu1
    Options
    It is amazing what a little bit of medication can do. I am feeling a ton better today! Although I think I may be having hallucinations because the scale is saying that I weigh almost 6 lbs less than last weeks Monday weighin. Anything can happen right? I am wondering if my scale is broken though.

I have not been logging much this week but have tried to only eat when hungry and really listen to my body. Maybe that sort of thing works.

I could be a little dehydrated though I have been taking mucinex like it is going out of style.

j-g--take care and just listen to your body too. I have not been exercising at all and hopefully this loss will stick.

almomay--way to fit in a workout!

Happy weighin tomorrow

Gee I can't believe I forgot--We got the house!! The price it was listed at for foreclosure was less than our previous offer. We offered over asking to get their attention and it worked!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Taradise enjoy the cruise :drinker:

Thanks!! I can't wait. We fly to Barcelona on Friday morning. Wooo Hooo!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to weigh in for like 3 weeks!!! After the cruise, we are flying back to the US for a wedding. It will be a busy couple of weeks and I won't be near a scale. However, I have packed my exercise clothes and I am determined to not let the cruise/trip to US derail my weight loss.

Chrissy - remember the binging/craving problem I had last week... well, it continued each night. To the point where I thought i might be pregnant (I'm NOT, took 2 tests). So I sat down and really thought about it - because the cravings were uncontrollable and I don't normally have that problem. The two things I changed in my diet: 1. Lower carbs 2. Stopped taking secondary Iron pill

1. While I have lowered my carbs, I haven't lowered them to a bad place. Just lower than I was normally at... I was at like 220 carbs a day to now more like 120 carbs a day. Nothing life shattering.

2. I thought my daily multi-vitamin had enough iron in it. It has 18 mg. I had stopped taking my extra iron pill (which has 324 mg of Iron!!) about a week ago. Then it dawned on me, I was craving rich, fatty foods + I had zero energy to workout. My cravings could not be satisfied - it was awful. And when I did work out - I felt like crap afterward - nauseous, headache....

So I decided to add my iron pill back. I took one pill Saturday AM... not enough, took another iron pill at lunchtime... and I finally started feeling better. My energy levels jumped back up and the cravings instantly disappeared. I took one more iron pill at dinner. (when I first found out I was anemic, I took 3 pills a day for a long time). I can only assume my body was craving food in search of more iron.

Today - I am SOOO happy because I am back to normal. I have taken 2 iron pills today + my multi-vitamin. I am eating normally again. I had no idea my body was so anemic!! Now I know, and I will continue to take 1 to 2 iron pills a day. I workout a lot and sweat a lot - my doctors told me long ago that sweating can result in a lose of iron as well.

So glad I figured that out!! Never again!! I welcome any thoughts on Iron/Being Anemic! Always trying to learn more.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Gee I can't believe I forgot--We got the house!! The price it was listed at for foreclosure was less than our previous offer. We offered over asking to get their attention and it worked!

Congrats!!!! I know your happy to have that all done with. Yay!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi all,

Debnu- congrats on your purchase!! Must be exciting to have it finalized. Wow, you probably did lose all that weight, as a side effect of being sick.

Taradise- Have fun on the cruise and traveling and continue to try and fit in some exercise whether it's a walk or something and to eat healthy. That's a great discovery you made about your body. I'm also anemic so I'm always searching for ways to fix this. It sounds like you have figured out the culprit. One Natural food that I take that is really high in iron is Blackstrap molasses (unsulphured). It's got tons of iron and other minerals and it can be added into anything. Plus I really like the taste.

This week I won't have a weight loss, because I've changed my diet and am getting in a little more calories (200-300 more). I'm experimenting with this because I am doing an intense workout 6-7 days a week (Insanity) and I feel that I need to eat more, since I've been feeling more hungry. Plus, I've read on here in some forums that your metabolism will go faster if you eat a bit more while you are working out. I'm just following the nutrition guide for the program. I'm going to monitor my weight next week and see what happens. Right now I've gained a few pounds from overeating and changing my diet, so I'm waiting for it to adjust itself. Does anyone know how long until the weight adjusts itself?

The thing is that I'm almost half way there with my weight loss and I've got alot more to go, so I want to eat in a way that I feel that I'm not starving my body. I don't feel as big as I used to and each day I feel more comfortable in my body, whereas in the beginning I felt so weird. I am also seeing my body be more toned and defined.

The plan for today is to get away from the house so I can have some "me" time and head to the gym for a 30 minute run in treadmill, 30 minute in elliptical machine and 30 minute of strength training. Now I'm going to have lunch and download new music for my ipod, I think I'm tired of having the same music and need something new.

Have a good day all!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Hey all, hope everyone had a great weekend. Don't know if anybody has see the diet cake topic.
    Basically instead of adding eggs and oil, you add a can of diet pop and egg white to the cake mix. I wanted to make it a 40-30-30, so added some protein powder and almonds.

I just tried this tonight. I made a little change to see what would happen.

1 cake mix Swiss chocolae.
    1 diet dr pepper (590ml)
    1 cup of water
    3 egg whites.
    100 chopped almonds.
    10 scoops of protein powder.

Since I was adding the extra dry ingredients I added the full bottle of diet dr. P instead of a can and then it was still thick so I added some water.

It turned out great I made 30 cupcakes at 145 calories each.

The protein powder and almonds were added to make it a 40-30-30 cupcake.
  • thumper44
    Options
    debnu, - congrats on getting the house.

Taradise, enjoy the cruise - I don't know much about anemia, and iron deficiency so I had to look up a few websites. Some information that you maybe were or were not aware off.

We need from 18-45 mg of iron a day. If you are not getting iron from the food we eat, and/or you are not absorbing iron from the food we eat, then iron supplements can be prescribed.

# Milk, caffeine, antacids and calcium supplements can decrease iron absorption and should not be taken at the same time as iron supplements.
    # You can get the most benefit from iron pills if you take them with vitamin C or drink orange juice. Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron.

Iron pills can also constipate someone, I remember you asking before about that.
    Alot of iron rich foods that are on bottom of this webpage.

http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/nutrition/factsheets/iron.html

Other info that I read about this.
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000584.htm
    This one has alot of info as well different types of iron supplements.(ferrous or ferric)
    http://www.anemia.org/patients/feature-articles/content.php?contentid=000316
  • debnu1
    Options
    We have been waiting/trying to get this house for 8 months now. I can't wait until it is done. We start all the loan processing and other such stuff--like packing and cleaning to get our house on the market tomorrow. It is going to be a busy week.
    We are really excited but I already feel tired thinking about what needs to be done. :yawn:

Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. I have realized that I have ingested a lot of sodium the last couple days. I have been drinking a lot of campbells cup o soups and just looked at the nutrition facts--980 grams of sodium each. :ohwell: I hope I have drunk enough water to counteract that!

taradise, I am glad you have figured things out. It is amazing how much better you feel when your body is in balance. Have a great time on the cruise, part of me is jealous. It would be nice to get away!:wink:

Peter the cupcakes look good--I may have to try them. I have not cooked with the protein powder before, have you done much that way?
  • thumper44
    Options
    Peter the cupcakes look good--I may have to try them. I have not cooked with the protein powder before, have you done much that way?

This was my first time to be honest - I also use the dymatize elite chocolate powder and it taste good, so I thought adding that to chocolate cake mix shouldn't be too bad. Of course adding my almonds, love the crunch.
    I've heard other people adding protein powder to baked goods, and a buddy of mine added protein powder to some home made granola bars with peanut butter - They came out very well.
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Deb- good luck on the house, both the one you are trying to get and selling yours. That is definitely stressful! I hope it all works out well for you.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a great day. The plan for today is to do Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit & Cardio Abs for a total of 55 minutes. Now I'm off to study for school, then I'll workout while baby is napping.

Talk to you later!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Mornin all

I did cardio x today ( Ihope it gets easier) it totaly kicked my butt I had to stop a couple of times because I was getting sick

I am going to start packing to head back to Bama in the mornin so I will catch up with yall when I get back home to my normal routine
  • smadag1
    Options
    Mornin all

I did cardio x today ( Ihope it gets easier) it totaly kicked my butt I had to stop a couple of times because I was getting sick

I am going to start packing to head back to Bama in the mornin so I will catch up with yall when I get back home to my normal routine