Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Beautiful Blues 2/15/10

1235»

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Mornin all

I did cardio x today ( Ihope it gets easier) it totaly kicked my butt I had to stop a couple of times because I was getting sick

I am going to start packing to head back to Bama in the mornin so I will catch up with yall when I get back home to my normal routine
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Mornin all

I did cardio x today ( Ihope it gets easier) it totaly kicked my butt I had to stop a couple of times because I was getting sick

I am going to start packing to head back to Bama in the mornin so I will catch up with yall when I get back home to my normal routine

No weight change for me thanks to TOM
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    11 mile outside run yesterday-it was an awesome feeling to finish although at times I thought I was dying!

Strength day today.

Happy Monday!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Here's our next board.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/82861-beautiful-blues-february-22-2010
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member

Chrissy - remember the binging/craving problem I had last week... well, it continued each night. To the point where I thought i might be pregnant (I'm NOT, took 2 tests). So I sat down and really thought about it - because the cravings were uncontrollable and I don't normally have that problem. The two things I changed in my diet: 1. Lower carbs 2. Stopped taking secondary Iron pill

1. While I have lowered my carbs, I haven't lowered them to a bad place. Just lower than I was normally at... I was at like 220 carbs a day to now more like 120 carbs a day. Nothing life shattering.

2. I thought my daily multi-vitamin had enough iron in it. It has 18 mg. I had stopped taking my extra iron pill (which has 324 mg of Iron!!) about a week ago. Then it dawned on me, I was craving rich, fatty foods + I had zero energy to workout. My cravings could not be satisfied - it was awful. And when I did work out - I felt like crap afterward - nauseous, headache....

So I decided to add my iron pill back. I took one pill Saturday AM... not enough, took another iron pill at lunchtime... and I finally started feeling better. My energy levels jumped back up and the cravings instantly disappeared. I took one more iron pill at dinner. (when I first found out I was anemic, I took 3 pills a day for a long time). I can only assume my body was craving food in search of more iron.

Today - I am SOOO happy because I am back to normal. I have taken 2 iron pills today + my multi-vitamin. I am eating normally again. I had no idea my body was so anemic!! Now I know, and I will continue to take 1 to 2 iron pills a day. I workout a lot and sweat a lot - my doctors told me long ago that sweating can result in a lose of iron as well.

So glad I figured that out!! Never again!! I welcome any thoughts on Iron/Being Anemic! Always trying to learn more.

Glad that's what it was...wonder if my issue was similiar since it was TOM??? I am doing fine now too!
This discussion has been closed.