Rate your fear of Christmas food on a scale of 1 - 10

Options

Replies

• Kellyeee2013
    Options
    0/10

Why on earth would I have a fear of food?

Think about it logically. How could a couple of days of over-indulgence possibly outweigh years of healthy lifestyle???

Everyone who doesn't answer like this has an issue with their head, not their body

That is extremely judgemental. Obviously people are not "afraid of food" but obviously many people on here have histories of struggling with eating right and exercising or they would not have been in the position to join a site like this in the first place. People are afraid of ruining their progress. Some people have food addictions too. Some people can fall off the wagon very easily just from a few days of over-eating. Would you belittle someone addicted to alcohol if they were nervous knowing they would be in the presence of it for a few days, maybe even a week or so? This is supposed to be a supportive place for people wanting to be healthier and your comment is down right rude.
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    I don't fear food, but I did eat so much turkey at thanksgiving that I had a nightmare that I was a turkey farmer who was being chased by thousands of turkeys that kept pecking at me! but I finally made it out alive by eating all of them too!
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    personally i always allow myself xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day to eat what i want then that gives me 5 days to debloat before wearing my LBD on NYE!!! it is xmas afterall ... eat, drink & be merry!!!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    I would say about a 5, I'll be having my christmas dinner and enjoying it but I will be keeping up with my exercise regime. I will allow myself what I like (within reason) on christmas day, then back into it on boxing day. :) no turning it into a 4 day binge fest like I used to!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    0/10

Why on earth would I have a fear of food?

Think about it logically. How could a couple of days of over-indulgence possibly outweigh years of healthy lifestyle???

This!
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    someone around Thanksgiving time made a statement...we need to be more concerned about the time between Christmas and Thanksgiving than the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Dont fret over this time....relax use your skills and enjoy this time with your family
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    the craze has begun....i just ate a peppermint chocolate whoopie pie.....

and i'll be eating more treats like this as the countdown goes forward....

they fit my macros...so why not?

nom nom nom nom
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Zero.
    Christmas is ONE DAY, not a week, not a month of over indulging. One Day.
    I'll live.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, Christmas cookies eat you.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Christmas is different if you are on the road a lot and staying with other people in their homes and either eating what they offer or eating out somewhere else. Big difference. I can just not go to restaurants and eat healthy at home the rest of the time.

I am travelling 8 hours by car just one way and staying with other people for 1-2 weeks. Big diff.

And if you want to eat healthy on the road you can do that too. They sell salads at restaurants, you can get lemon and no dressing and be bored as hell while others eat cake and other yummy stuff. I agree that it is harder to eat healthier on the road, but it's certainly not impossible. The reality is junk food is just as available at home as it is on the road, and if you can make the choice to eat healthier at home you can do the same on the road.

The alternative, what I choose to do, is to accept that you'll be a bit off during the holidays and account for it at other times. It's what most folks do, and you can too if you so choose.

There is NO reason to be 'afraid of food'.

I disagree. 8 hours of driving in the woods and only passing gas stations here and there really do limit what is available. I am not saying it is impossible, but it is for sure challenging. Maybe I will need to pack some sandwiches? Who knows. Also, when going from home to home visiting am I likely to stop by myself at a restaurant just for a salad and say no thanks to dinner with my loved ones? Probably not. Am I likely to ask for a salad when my friends are ordering pizza and I am staying in their home? Probably not. I will figure something out. But it is definitely challenging to try and adjust to a new lifestyle while living a completely different one while on holidays.
    how about pack a cooler in your car and eat your own food on the drive?
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    If you have a fear of Christmas food, you're doing it wrong.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't fear food. That seems unhealthy.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I dare you to find a single person that gained weight from Thanksgiving, who didn't do it by extending their break to include a week or more, and whose weight gain wasn't temporary bloating.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Zero.
    Christmas is ONE DAY, not a week, not a month of over indulging. One Day.
    I'll live.

one day? You're doing it wrong.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i fear that there won't be enough food.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I'm going to eat all the cookies and pies and cakes.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

i fear that there won't be enough food.

THAT is a legit fear.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    1/0

yes. i just divided by zero.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member