18 months ago today I was paralyzed. ---Pics.---

Options

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations on the HUGE accomplishment! You are absolutely a testimony of what can be done once you put your mind to it.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Amazing, Very Inspirational!!!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And what an inspiring story! I'm so glad you recovered and are able to be physical again. :smokin: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • SeeStephRunBlog
    Options
    this is inspiring!
  • sineadabbey
    Options
    there are no words.... well done. so inspiring!!!! :)
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Your story is amazing! Congratulations on so much you have gained since your accident (i.e. a healthy lifestyle, mobility, courage, etc.) You are so inspiring to me.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You're an awesome person!! I have no more excuses. ever again. *sigh*
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    One f the best stories..you look amazing! Well done.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm so incredibly proud of you. You are living, breathing proof of "Yes, I can." You're an inspiration to everyone here and I'm proud to know you.

< This~!!! Awesome example and inspiration! Thanks for sharing your amazing story.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Your post brings tears to my eyes for a couple of reasons. First, I am an OT who sees people struggle every day and I know that the biggest factor in a person's recovery (recovery=living positively with whatever abilities you have) is determination. Obviously, you are one very determined person.

I also have tears in my eyes because, though I help people every day, I so often beat myself up over things that I would handle with compassion if it was happening to another person. If you can overcome such challenges, I can surely treat myself with more compassion.

Congratulations!!!! You look wonderful! I am sure you move wonderfully. And I am sure you appreciate every movement, even the wiggle of your toes.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I needed to read that this morning. welcome to the club, lol. I too was once in the chair and am now out. My accident was on a motorcycle in October of 89. Broke my L-5. They told me 50/50 I'd ever walk again, and if I did not to get my hopes up of doing anything with sports, especially basketball ( I played a lot back then) Here it is more than 20 years later and I'm making YouTube videos of me running and jumping over fire, lol... You look great and your so blessed to have such a beautiful family. May God be with you......
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and you are amazing! Congrats on all your success!!!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by you and appreciate you sharing your story! You look amazing, but most importantly - you're doing things that you may have never otherwise had the change to do. Absolutely amazing. Keep on running and inspiring!
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such an amazing and inspirational story! You look fantastic. :happy:

I have been very frustrated and on the verge of just giving up (again), but now, NO WAY! So, again, Thank you!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Wow. Your story and Ed Davendport's have officially become the two most inspiring things I think I've ever read on here...

I admire your strength, courage, determination and the fact that you shared something like this to inspire others. :)
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, that really is amazing, you've come so far in such a short period of time...thank you for sharing your story, very inspirational!!!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing, and a wonderful inspiration! You look beautiful!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Truly, truly amazing. WOW. This is one of the best success stories I've read on this site. Congratulations!!!! You're a HUGE inspiration!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!