Lost my beloved Running partner, my dog

Options

Replies

• alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Remember your friend.....read the poem "Rainbow Bridge" if you're up to it.....just google it.....it's sad but heartwarming too.

This was going to be my suggestion. This poem is wonderful but you might want to give yourself a little time before you read it. To this day, it still makes me cry and I lost my buddy many years ago.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Someone else said that the next time you run, Harley will be right there with you and I truly believe that. So get out there and run...Harley will be right there with you.
  • chickfromsc
    Options
    *** HUGS*** I lost my dog last week...so I completely understand how lost you feel...I was going to suggest Rainbow Bridge also...Hang in there!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I have 3 dogs and know how they burrow into our hearts.

This was shared by another MFPer recently and I thought it was very touching:

http://cdn4.aplacetolovedogs.com/wp-content/uploads/3706834192.jpg
  • hockeymomsl
    Options
    ohh, so sad. I know it is very hard to loose a pet..... so sorry.....
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    AWW, bless your heart. dont give harley wouldn't want you too.:flowerforyou:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Awwww. That really sucks... I cannot imagine losing my pups. It will get better. :flowerforyou:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I have a child, but my dogs are still my world (just in a different way than my son is). Ours are all rescues and each have their own unique story and crazy personalities.

It's hard to get by when we lose a pet. We lost our oldest dog, Connor, back in late October. He got very suddenly ill and seemed to be getting better, then one day I came home from work and knew it was the end. He passed away in my husband's arms a few hours later. I got teary just writing that even though I am more than able to get through every day without crying over him. I had adopted him from a shelter before my husband and I had even started dating, so he was my loyal buddy and got me through some tough times.

I miss him so much, but I truly believe that Heaven would not be Heaven without all of those we loved, including our pets. I sincerely hope I am right and that we will all be together again one day. I also wonder if Connor is hanging out with other dogs I've lost over the years.

With time it will get easier, I promise. Harley is running with you in spirit, I'm sure :heart:
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    THanks everyone for your kind words. I know those of you who had pets understand. She really was the perfect dog for me and the family. She slept next to me for 3 years while my husband was deployed and never failed to sneak back in to the bed when he got up to go to work in the morning, went camping and fishing with us, loved to hike and swim. She was just so good natured and happy go lucky-she adored the kids. She was so well mannered and trained. Our family is definitely losing a cherished member.

It has been hard. I miss her so much already.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss. i lost my faithful companian 3 years ago and it took me two years before i could even think of getting a dog again. Lexi is a good girl but she's not my Pearl.
  • trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry - from one dog lover to another, she'd want you to run without her this time. :( Stay strong and smile while you run thinking of the great times you had!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. My eyes filled with tears for you. {{hugs}}
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you gave Harley a wonderful life! She was lucky to have you and your family.The grief of losing a loved pet is as real as losing any family member, in its way. Let yourself grieve and celebrate her life and the time you spent together. :heart:
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So sorry...can only imagine how hard this is for you. She would have wanted to you to keep running.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry :brokenheart:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this :(