Lost my beloved Running partner, my dog

Options

Replies

• thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your dog. Run in honor of Harley and know that she is still running beside you in spirit. My prayers go out to you.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    *trying to swallow this dang lump in my throat* Sorry about your sweet dog. It will get better with time.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    9-10-12...Lost my best buddy in the world..

time will heal your wounds...remember the great funny times and those big wet kisses....

Thoughts and prayers with you..
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear.. :frown: :brokenheart:
  • brandycochran
    brandycochran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My sympathies in your time of sadness....This helped me when we lost our family dog a few years ago. I hope it helps ease your pain. :smile:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    September 2011- I lost my Sparky. Im so sorry I could cry with you at this moment. Your Angel will still run with you though.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and you have my deepest condolences. When my dog of 15 years passed away, a friend suggested I read the book "The Art of Dancing In The Rain." It brought me peace. It helped me mourn, and it helped me understand. If you're a reader, I hope you'll look into it. I don't think you'll regret it.♥
  • MissLuana
    Options
    Well, this made me teary-eyed. I'm so sorry for your loss. Animals are just the best. So much better than humans.

***tear***

So sorry for your loss. Whatever you do, please don't let this make you reluctant to get another animal. I know sometimes that's the first feeling but people who love animals need to share that love. Don't let it go to waste. And there's so many animals out there that need love.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Condolences to you, and hugs. I know it's painful.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.

Get out there and run for her. When you feel the wind at your back, you'll know she's there with you in spirit.

My heart goes out to you <3
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    SO sorry that you lost your running buddy. My old guys are my babies. I know we will be facing this sooner than later. My heart goes out to you.
  • a1sara
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! Your pooch will wag his tail from puppy-heaven.
    Please be gentle with yourself. It is going to take a while to heal.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh my, my heart is breaking for you too! :cry: But I can say your beloved baby would have wanted you to go out and OWN that run. In spirit, she will be running right alongside of you.

Although I didn't run with my deceased mom, I feel closest to her when I am running. Running brings me to a spiritual place that I feel peaceful. I hope you can feel the same as you go through this hard time!
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    She'll be running with you in spirit

definitely.. so sorry for your loss, i've felt my dog Molly walk joyously beside me many times, hope the same for you. best wishes.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Rough time these past two days. My dog, Harley, died on Sunday. She was my faithful sidekick and very much like one of my children. She and I ran thousands of miles together. And it was her silly smile and crazy joy of running that made me go on those days when I just wanted to crash on the couch. She was like my best friend in so many ways.

Today I am "scheduled" for a run. It will be my first training run in 7 years without her. My heart is breaking. It sucks.

Pssst....when you do your run, and you hear that pitter patter.......that's Harley still running with you. :smile:
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words of comfort right now ... I hope you heal. Please run in Harley's honor. Much love.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    That is very sad and touching. I am sorry about the loss of your dog. Any pet lover/owner knows how much they mean to us. My dog is my baby girl.
  • msphyl46
    Options
    I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. People that don't have animals don't really understand. I know I didn't before I got a dog and had to put my dog down. I must have cried for a week missing him following me around the house. I have the perfect little baby now my Yorkiepoo. He has gotten out the yard and wondered off and I thought I was gonna have a meltdown. Dogs are TRULY your best friend that loves you unconditionally. So I really feel your pain and will say a little prayer for your empty space. I hope you are blessed with another buddy to fill your broken heart.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    So sorry sweety. He is running beside you in spirit.
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have Molly's name and licence tags on my keys - people have liked this idea :)