How did you select your goal weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Did some research and it's the average weight for my height, but I will re-elevate my goal weight when I actually reach it, and see if I want to lose anymore depending on how I feel.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I aimed for the weight I had felt comfortable at some years earlier. Then when it was really easy to get there, I aimed for a normal BMI. Now I am just trying to get further into normal BMI territory, preferably 4 kilos in, as that's what I gained over the few first years after I stopped losing and tried to maintain the weight last time I lost a good chunk. It means I ought to be able to be a bit more casual about food and exercise, and still maintain a normal BMI.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I chose my goal (140lbs) because it's a nice round number in the UK - 10 stone :)
    But when I get there I'll re-evaluate and see if I can lose a bit more, or with strength training just look like I weigh less :)
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I haven't grown any taller since I was 14, and at 14 I looked slim and healthy at 45kgs. So I'm shooting for that!
  • jonnie7053
    jonnie7053 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I aimed for the middle of the healthy weight range based on my age, height and skeletal frame.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Go to Dukan Diet aka www.dukandiet.com and take the questionnaire.

This is exactly what I did! and it was within the healthy range my doctor recommended... It now is the "top of my range" and I weigh exactly 10 lbs less than it 6 months after reaching that goal. I am 5'8" and 54 years old. My fitness goals for 2013 are to get to a heart healthy 10 minute mile and be able to make it through two ballet classes a week.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I put on weight in the last 3 years sitting in an office and eating snacks.

My goal weight is my original weight before these 3 years of biscuits and Frappuccinos - in my 'healthy' BMI range and a weight I can easily maintain. It's also the weight where I fit into all of my good clothes. I really don't want to have to spend money buying clothes a size larger or smaller.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is going to be heavier than I thought...but my bodyfat percentage will be lower at that weight than previous years because of addition of lean mass...so I chose it by doing the bodyfat and lean mass calculations rather than just choosing a random number or lower weight...but when I get there, depending on how I feel and look, might re-adjust the figure...or even on the way there...