bedroom questions

Options

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Husband did shifts of 4 nights, 5 off, 4 nights, 1.5 off, 4 days. He did that for 15 years so I have a longstanding bad habit of not bothering to make the bed. I did however change the bed more often than I do now that he does permanent days. Making it as well was just a thankless job!
    Unfortunately I haven't been too good at encouraging my teens to make their beds either. They will not be popular when they fly the nest and find partners!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Been pondering this lately....

Should I make the bed everyday?
    What's the point if I'm the last one out of it...and usually the first one to get into it...and no one is coming into my bedroom during the day but me??
    It's barely worth the calorie burn...I mean, what, 5 calories? Phhhht.
    But there is something to be said about crawling into a nicely made bed - like when you stay at a hotel - jump on it, wrinkle it up a little, then get cozy. I think I sleep better when I get into a nicely made bed - the blankets are tight and I can pull them just right.

So yeah, that's my question for the week. And no, I'm not lazy. Just really efficient. Usually. What say you?

I never make the bed. I agree. It's an inefficient way to run your life.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i never make the bed. don't see the point.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Actually they say making your bed every morning is good because it's the first activity done for the day. It unconsciously gives you a feeling of accomplishment to start the day

I have to pee first.

HAHA! This!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of making my bed every morning. and most mornings it's fairly easy to because the sheets sometimes don't get as messed up. I like it only in case there are visiters or what not. plus, it just makes the room look nicer and tidier

reality: i don't have time in the morning.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I pull the covers back but I'm usually out the door before my husband gets up. And he tears apart the bed when he sleeps..kind of drives me crazy...I appreciate a nice made bed with all the sheets and blankets tight. Oh well.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My mom drummed in that mantra- "One's bed must be made everyday." My daughter is forever challenging me about this as to why I insist she makes her bed every morning. My response is this is what I was taught & I am passing it on. Who wants to get into a wrinkled bed.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    I dont move much in my sleep so I just pull the covers up and straighten my quilt.....
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    make the bed. or at least straighten the covers.

instantly neatens the room and that makes a difference! :smile:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Sleep on the couch. Problem solved.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I usually make the bed when I get home from work but that's just because the comforter tends to end up in a giant wad on the floor. My bed usually looks like someone had a grand mal seizure in the middle of the night.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Actually they say making your bed every morning is good because it's the first activity done for the day. It unconsciously gives you a feeling of accomplishment to start the day

I have to pee first.

HAHA! This!

I think she meant "subconsciously," not "unconciously".. lol. But yes, I also read somewhere that people who make their bed daily are usually more organized and dependable in other areas of their lives too. Although, I don't know if they are organized and dependable because they make their bed or if they make their bed because they are organized and dependable... Worth a good ponder for sure.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't have to make my bed. My husband is the last one out so he does it! But its always made when I get in it!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

That seems to be a philosophy for someone who doesn't do much. I definitely have better things to do than straightening sheets and blankets that will be a mess again soon enough.
  • MissLuana
    Options
    But there is something to be said about crawling into a nicely made bed - like when you stay at a hotel - jump on it, wrinkle it up a little, then get cozy. I think I sleep better when I get into a nicely made bed - the blankets are tight and I can pull them just right.

You do realize you answered your own question??? Then again, maybe not :huh:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I straighten and re-tuck my covers when I get out of the bed but I do not fully "make" the bed and put all the fluffy decorative pillows on it everyday.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never make my bed unless the sheets have just been washed. =)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I never make my bed unless the sheets have just been washed. =)

:drinker: That's when mine gets made.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever make our bed unless I know somebody is coming over. I actually enjoy snuggling under a tangled "nest" of mismatched blankets and pillows better than slipping into a neatly made bed, anyways. Though our duvet cover is really pretty, so sometimes I make the bed just to make the room prettier. :)

same. :)
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I only make the bed if
    1. Male friend coming over :wink:
    2. I know people will be in my room. Like if we're having a party (all the girls like to keep their purses in my room and use my ginormous mirror :grumble: )