How do you wake up early for exercise?

Options

Replies

• kblpn
    kblpn Posts: 32
    Options
    I set my alarm on my phone, and then put my phone far enough away that I have to get out of bed to turn it off, then I figure I am already up, may as well get a workout in. You get used to it.
  • kblpn
    kblpn Posts: 32
    Options
    i sleep in mine sometimes

roll out the bed and get my *kitten* moving

what she said:)

Agreed as well.. I sleep in my workout clothes, much easier when all you have to do is brush your teeth and throw shoes on.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yay I got up early and do my 30Day Shred before work ! woot ! I hope to keep this up. It is my summer and I hate exercising when it gets hot, I get wicked headaches even with all windows/doors open
  • tuttboy
    tuttboy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Set your alarm. Wake up and decide whether or not to actually get out of the bed. No manual, ebook, or anything else can teach you how to wake up. Period.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    drink water before bed. not alot that you wake up too soon. this works for me and even if i'm a bit off and wake up 30 minutes earlier, it's still good because i can wake up start prepping and get out even earlier

dont forget to go to make sure you go to sleep in time as well.
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Early to bed, early to rise.

Seriously, it just takes time to adjust. I am in bed by 9:30 most nights and up before 5 without an alarm clock. The sucky thing is weekends when I could sleep later I wake up early now (unless I was out past 2 or so.)
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Coffee first before anything else can happen.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Keep a bucket of water next to your bed and fall face first into it when you wake up.

Refreshing!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hot shower, coffee and jog to the gym instead of driving to get the blood running. By the time I get there (I'm usually there right as it opens at 5) I'm warmed up and ready to go.
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Two things.
    1) Make your protein shake with espresso. For real, son.
    2) See this link...http://pinterest.com/pin/377106168767865050/
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ...with difficulty. :yawn: But once I am out there it is all worth it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have never been a morning person. I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed early unless the house is actually on fire.

I'm looking for advice or tips from similarly disposed folks, on how to drag ones' carcass out of bed at oh dark thirty to do physical exercise.

It isn't a question of motivation - - I've been dedicated to my goals and been meeting them - - it's more of a search for tricks, because morning is the optimal time for me to be doing my do.

Do you lay out your gym clothes the night before? Go to bed extra early before work-out days? Drink one gallon of water so you wake up with a crazy, urgent need to hose down the porcelain?

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

I don't do it. Mornings can suck it.

I work out in the evenings. :glasses:
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    personally, i'm not a morning person but ever since i got a cat that likes to eat at 5.30am its become a lot easier, fury alarm clocks are determined with pointie edges
  • allenthegirl
    Options
    - Have two alarms, one near you and another one across the room that goes off 3-5 minutes after the first.
    - Drink lots of water before bed.
    - Go to bed earlier
    - If you're really lazy sleep in your workout clothes
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I do early morning workouts before work, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have EVERYTHING packed the night before. I'm super lazy in the mornings, so I don't want to contend with having to get ready and pack my gym bag. Also, since I'm not totally coherent in the mornings, it is imperative for me to pack (nothing worse than dripping with sweat at the gym, going to the shower, and realizing I forgot my towel).

The key is to have EVERYTHING laid/ready out the night before.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with working out in the evening? I'm not a morning person either. You would have to threaten me with bodily harm in order to wake me up early to go workout.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You put a picture of a giant fat guy next to your alarm clock w/ a note that says if you don't get your *kitten* up - your *kitten* will look like this.

That and I have the alarm on my phone say "get your *kitten* up and get moving"

Works for me :)
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Some days I been getting myself up at 5:30 or 6 in the morning to work out but its hard, I am not a morning person. Usually I just have to have my husband turn on the lights and I see my dress that I want to fit in one day and I get up. Some mornings I get on Facebook on my phone and wake up that way. And then there are mornings I can't or don't want to get out of bed until 8:30 but I still work out. My husband on the other hand is such a morning person! I need his energy in the mornings!
  • kazande
    kazande Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just do it because I know I have to. I work all day plus have a family to tend to, so early mornings is MY time. I know that I will not want to work out after work or after the kids go to bed PLUS it gives me energy all day and makes me feel great. I never was a morning person but doing the early morning work outs has made me one and i much prefer it. I have been doing them for 14 months now =)

I could have written this post myself...AND make sure you get your clothes out the night before & get to bed at a reasonable time..

It's a GREAT way to start the day. You'll ALWAYS feel better for it.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I got a dog. I wake up early every morning ever since.