I'm not gay but I need a wife....

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I'm sure a cleaning service is more economical than a dependent spouse. Plus, they won't hog all the freaking blankets!
  • Syndri
    Syndri Posts: 46 Member
    I feel your angst DoingItWell ... your home sounds the mirror image of mine!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    This post was RIGHT ON. Only wives will get it! LOL :laugh:

yes, yes. because not only are all husbands alike, but also wives are the only ones taken for granted.

i mean, i thought it was funny, but can we not pretend all men are neanderthals?

i try hard to make sure my wife would never have an occasion to make a post like this.

I'm pretty lucky. Heck, I'm not pretty lucky, I'm BEYOND lucky because I married a guy who helps with pretty much everything. Often with his shirt off.

Still funny, though.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh, you poor ladies...
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    You can have my wife.
    I warn you though, she is completely non-domestic. You'll just end up with more clothes to clean and food to cook and dishes to do.

On the plus side, my load will be lighter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    This post was RIGHT ON. Only wives will get it! LOL :laugh:

Nah....

I guess I need a wife too...or an upgrade! If I did any of that stuff to my wife, I'd have a foot up my *kitten*. We share everything, including chores and child rearing.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    maybe Sisterwives has the right idea = )
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    that sounds like my ex! that's why he is my ex
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    haha. I LOVE this. I tell my husband all the time that I want to marry me because I'm awesome. I wonder what it's like to have such a kick *kitten* wife???
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Funny! Even funnier that some people don't get the joke. Oh well.

Op I had one of those.
    Now I have 'papers' and a dog. I am much happier :)

There was a joke? I thought she was just ranting. :huh:
    She was. But at least she was doing it in a cute and entertaining fashion. As opposed to the 'OH MY GOD WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN AND A BULLY AND A HATER SABOTAGING MY DIET WITH NON-WATER' rants.
    But one dude took it to mean her kids are a burden. sigh. I bet he never gets invited to parties.
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    My friend says that she'd marry a woman and fool around with guys if she had it to do over again. I love the way you can pick out the responses from single men!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

Op I had one of those.

She was. But at least she was doing it in a cute and entertaining fashion. As opposed to the 'OH MY GOD WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN AND A BULLY AND A HATER SABOTAGING MY DIET WITH NON-WATER' rants.

But one dude took it to mean her kids are a burden. sigh. I bet he never gets invited to parties

True... perspective...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member

Op I had one of those.

True... perspective...
    Dammit now you have to go back and edit your reply with my last line that I left out! Quit being so fast.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Hahahaha. I'm relieved that I can't relate a ton, but just enough to laugh... wtf is that whole mentality! I hope you find your wife :P

I love my baby. I would jump in front of a train for him if need be. But he is a LOT of work, like all kids, and although it is a labor of the most intense kind of love, when you are spending 24 hours of your day devoted to your energetic, exuberant, playful child, you do need a break. Speaking as a person who at one point worked 2 full time jobs and 2 part time jobs, all 4 at once, having even one child is more work than that, if you are the main caretaker. So cut mom some slack when she wants a little help with the bath time, when she wants to be able to be the one to put her feet up at night sometimes. Being a primary parent is fulfilling, beautiful, magical, and NOT EASY. And moms are able to be better moms when they can sometimes be something besides moms as well.

I read this book recently that said that, in an opposite sex marriage, the average guy spends 12 hours a week on housework. That sounds like a lot to me, but what do I know. The same psychologists in their study found that women who work on average do something like 24 hours a week of it and women who stay at home on average do closer to 40 -- but that on average men who stay at home still only do 12. (If you're curious about citations etc., the book is called "For Better" and it's a book of studies on what, statistically, helps a marriage to succeed.) I thought that was pretty interesting -- not at all what I would have expected. Also there was something about how on average men tend to do less housework once married. (I'm being very careful to say "on average" because that was the clear context of the book -- I know many women do less, many men do more -- but it's an interesting look at societal trends and expectations. After reading it I sort of noticed to myself that when guests are coming over, I am very likely to clean more because I fear that if my house looks like crap that my guests will think badly of me -- I'm curious to know how many guys would have that instinct when in a long term live in relationship with a woman. My husband doesn't, but he's still awesome.)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member

sorry...sounds as if kids are too much of a burden that just get in the way of your life.

Says person with no children
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    go on strike....it seems to be working in some areas of the country.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    wouldn't this be better directed at somebody else?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    I get it. I know some rockin' husbands out there, though.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    just break up
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,508 Member
    Just someone who can pick up the slack around the house while I go do seemingly unimportant things. Also someone who doesn't mind putting their career on hold and watching the children while I have the freedom to do everything I need and want to do to climb the corporate ladder. Don't get me wrong, just because you are watching the kids doesn't mean you don't have to work. You still will need to work and make sure the house is clean and nobody is hungry. And since I tend to get tired after working all day and eating dinner, I am going to need you to be able to wash the dishes while I sit in front of the television and maybe talk loudly on the phone about something incredible I did in highschool. Then maybe if you have finished helping all the kids with their homework, bathing them, putting them to bed, we can sit down and I can tell you about my incredibly stressful day.

Preach it girl! I hear ya...