I'm not gay but I need a wife....

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Funny! Even funnier that some people don't get the joke. Oh well.

Op I had one of those.
    Now I have 'papers' and a dog. I am much happier :)

There was a joke? I thought she was just ranting. :huh:
    She was. But at least she was doing it in a cute and entertaining fashion. As opposed to the 'OH MY GOD WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN AND A BULLY AND A HATER SABOTAGING MY DIET WITH NON-WATER' rants.

True... perspective...
    Dammit now you have to go back and edit your reply with my last line that I left out! Quit being so fast.

I fixed it. LOL!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    I get it. I know some rockin' husbands out there, though.

I would rather have several husbands
    just sayin
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    The real joke is that women stay with these men. I think women in a twisted way like doing all of the work that way they can hold it over their man's head. That way during every argument you have leverage about what he is screwing up. I used to help around the house but I could never fold the towels correct or put the dishes back in the right spot, I thought I was doing helping and I was wrong. So women when you are in a situation you don't like in life what do you do? You get out of it, yet you stay in this one. Riddle me that?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

just sayin
    Never figured out why polygamy only works one way.
    Guess it's the whole swords crossing thing.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I would say it is quite clear the OPs husband doesn't realize how much she puts into the relationship.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member

just sayin
    Guess it's the whole swords crossing thing.

BA HA HA HA!!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member

It's called polyandry.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

It's called polyandry.
    TLC needs to get on that show. I'd watch it.
    "BRO-Hubbies" or maybe "Hubby-bro's" sounds better.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Funny! Even funnier that some people don't get the joke. Oh well.

Op I had one of those.
    Now I have 'papers' and a dog. I am much happier :)

There was a joke? I thought she was just ranting. :huh:
    She was. But at least she was doing it in a cute and entertaining fashion. As opposed to the 'OH MY GOD WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN AND A BULLY AND A HATER SABOTAGING MY DIET WITH NON-WATER' rants.
    But one dude took it to mean her kids are a burden. sigh. I bet he never gets invited to parties.

^^ lol, my thoughts exactly.^^
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

It's called polyandry.
    TLC needs to get on that show. I'd watch it.
    "BRO-Hubbies" or maybe "Hubby-bro's" sounds better.

I like Bro-hubbies... and I totally need me a set of those!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    people who have kids and then complain about them all the time

Thumbs_down.png

This is why I don't have:

Kids
    A car note
    A house
    Cable tv

I actually have monies and quiet time.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    wouldn't this be better directed at somebody else?

That was my thought.

I get where the OP is coming from but honestly, shouldn't you be talking to the person that is guilty of doing this?
  • donnaw3kids
    donnaw3kids Posts: 130 Member
    smashingly well said! :wink: hang in there
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Hahahaha. I'm relieved that I can't relate a ton, but just enough to laugh... wtf is that whole mentality! I hope you find your wife :P

I love my baby. I would jump in front of a train for him if need be. But he is a LOT of work, like all kids, and although it is a labor of the most intense kind of love, when you are spending 24 hours of your day devoted to your energetic, exuberant, playful child, you do need a break. Speaking as a person who at one point worked 2 full time jobs and 2 part time jobs, all 4 at once, having even one child is more work than that, if you are the main caretaker. So cut mom some slack when she wants a little help with the bath time, when she wants to be able to be the one to put her feet up at night sometimes. Being a primary parent is fulfilling, beautiful, magical, and NOT EASY. And moms are able to be better moms when they can sometimes be something besides moms as well.

I read this book recently that said that, in an opposite sex marriage, the average guy spends 12 hours a week on housework. That sounds like a lot to me, but what do I know. The same psychologists in their study found that women who work on average do something like 24 hours a week of it and women who stay at home on average do closer to 40 -- but that on average men who stay at home still only do 12. (If you're curious about citations etc., the book is called "For Better" and it's a book of studies on what, statistically, helps a marriage to succeed.) I thought that was pretty interesting -- not at all what I would have expected. Also there was something about how on average men tend to do less housework once married. (I'm being very careful to say "on average" because that was the clear context of the book -- I know many women do less, many men do more -- but it's an interesting look at societal trends and expectations. After reading it I sort of noticed to myself that when guests are coming over, I am very likely to clean more because I fear that if my house looks like crap that my guests will think badly of me -- I'm curious to know how many guys would have that instinct when in a long term live in relationship with a woman. My husband doesn't, but he's still awesome.)

Interesting.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Rant away, OP. I have nooooo idea how working moms do everything they do. My hat is off to you.

I am fortunate to be a SAHM and to have a husband who is a great father. Does he help around the house? Well...not really, but that is what I agreed to by quitting my job and staying home with our kids while he works 50-60 hours a week. He does help me a lot with our boys, and for that I am very thankful.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Aww thank yaw for understanding. I am actually at work right now laughing at the responses. Some of yaw rock, some of yaw can go to hell....lmao TGIF. And yes I am interested in participating in Hubbie-bros... :tongue:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    :drinker:
    So much win and a great break from the sad news of the day
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,728 Member
    people who have kids and then complain about them all the time

Thumbs_down.png

She wasn't complaining about her children. ...reading comprehension...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Cripes I'm so glad it's not just me....
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Best thread ever. Tell it like it is girl :wink: