Do You Feel Sale?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Fort Myers. I feel safe, but have to admit that safety is relative. We have had a bad economy for very long, being the first with the housing bursting in late 2006. A lot of bank robberies here. I do not like going to the bank. The sheriff is strict, and there are junior curfews. The helicopters are out a lot. Tonight, it put the spotlight on me nd my seventy year old neighbor. But, overall, I think fort Myers is super safe and quiet. Greatest place in Florida.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Eastern suburbs of Sydney, aus.

I feel incredibly safe here. Our area is one of the highest police patrolled areas, because a lot of important people live around here. Also guns are illegal in aus in terms of random civilians owning them.

I feel like Australia is a very safe place to live In general.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Kansas City. And no. We have a higher murder rate than NYC. I live in a low-rent, high crime area, so double no. I'm also a woman, and thus do not leave the house alone after dark. Triple no.

St Louis is even worse than KC. That is where we live. It is definitely not safe.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Fell Safe.

WIll be at Mall of America a few times between now and New Year's
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I was trying to stay out of too much. But I'll say this much. I do as much as one can dealing with humans. People are unpredictable. Some are eternally evil, some eternally good. But this tragic event has effected me more than anything. The last thing you want to see on TV is a town 10 minutes from where you grew up. Where you LOVE, under attack by a crazy man. I had friends responding to the scene, saying they would never wish the things they saw on their worst enemies. I had friend's lose children, family friends as well. People my mother knew, same story. It's a small state. Small communities, close communities. I knew the school and many...MANY who went. And yet, given a chance, I'd go right back. Never let one dirtbag change your view on life. Be aware, know evil can come from anywhere, but in that same sense...so can good.
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I feel very safe in my town. I usually walk between 11pm and 2am at night. I never worry about someone hurting me.
    Lexington, SC
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Morton IL. I feel completely safe in city limits. We have almost no crime here, usually just kids breaking into cars in the summer. I go to college across the river in Peoria and I hate to admit it, but I don't really feel safe there since they have an extremely high crime rate and murders in the paper almost every day. After all the shootings recently my friend and I were talking earlier about taking a concealed carry class soon, which is currently illegal in IL. Also, I am debating buying a taser just as a precaution. It is a scary world we are living in and it breaks my heart thinking about children not being safe in school. I just don't know what I would do if next time it was my niece or any of my friends' children. I am just glad there are also good people in the world that helped protect the innocent children yesterday and kept them safe.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    God chooses destiny for each of us and we can't really affect it much.

I've always travelled the world and worked anywhere possible. I lived and worked in calm and quiet places like Europe or America (thou yes, I lived in Harlem on the 135 st before I could afford upper east side, and it don't stop me from coming home late after work or hard parties). But I also lived and worked in what it to be considered unsafe places like Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Pakistan. Wasn't killed, wasn't hurt, saw death and suffer.

My sister never travelled to unsafe places, lived in a small cosy town, had a comfortable life. She always had a personal driver who would also protect her as a bodyguard. She was brutally murdered never less.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Kansas City. And no. We have a higher murder rate than NYC. I live in a low-rent, high crime area, so double no. I'm also a woman, and thus do not leave the house alone after dark. Triple no.

St Louis is even worse than KC. That is where we live. It is definitely not safe.

I agree with St Louis being unsafe. My family went on our first vacation in 18 years. Stopped at the Arch and got robbed. Jerks even stole my baby's diaper bag and a bag of stuffed animals.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled on this

"UK is violent crime capital of Europe"

<<<The total number of violent offences recorded compared to population is higher than any other country in Europe, as well as America, Canada, Australia and South Africa.>>>

<<<The UK had a greater number of murders in 2007 than any other EU country – 927 – and at a relative rate higher than most western European neighbours, including France, Germany, Italy and Spain. >>>

<<<Overall, 5.4 million crimes were recorded in the UK in 2007 - more than 10 a minute - second only to Sweden>>>

<<< It means there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the UK, making it the most violent place in Europe.

Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland.

By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population. >>>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5712573/UK-is-violent-crime-capital-of-Europe.html