over-200-club-new-year-new-body-part-7

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I was out running errands at lunch and gave in to a Wendy's craving ... even at the order window I thought I should go for a baked potato instead of a cheeseburger and fries for 1000 cals ... but I did it anyhow... and it didn't even taste very good. Very disappointed in myself.

Next time try a double stack & a value sized fry. That always took care of my cravings (which I haven't had in like 2 months now!) and it's under 600 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    lildebbie: Congrats on the raise and promotion at work! Oh, and way to be a smart, informed mom who is making the right decisions for your daughter and the rest of your family. I personally am a believer in finding the things that will help without medication whenever possible. You'll figure it all out, I'm sure. Keep up being an awesome mom!
  • Solandra
    Options
    Lildebbie - another thumbs way up on both the promotion and the parenting - great work!

I think I'll be trying the stuffed pepper soup this weekend or next week. My beloved told me the other day that we've been eating soup too much lately. He's been informed that unless he has an alternative to suggest, he may have to just deal with it.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    just wanted to check in . i'm doing well..drinking tons of water, exercising, eating well.
    lost 1.5 lbs last week and looking forward to losing more this week.
    take care....see ya fridays!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, i have not read any posts yet, but i will be back tomorrow...

Have a good evening girls :)

bumpfor later :)
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    congrats on the promo Lildebbie. It's been ages since I heard of anyone getting raise or a promotion. Good for you!

MEokk
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Cris: Thank you for that! I'll remember that as I get home tonight, since I can't leave work to exercise :-(

Awestfall: Do NOT read the following statements (this is for your own good).

I thought it was interesting that a health magazine (it might have been Women's Health) said that weighing yourself daily can be a good thing and that people who weigh daily are more likely to keep lost weight off for the longer term. Why? Because you keep yourself in check by constantly knowing how the food you're eating affects your weight and water retention. Of course, this only works if one can keep themselves from getting discouraged by the fluctuations.

Interesting, right? I'm glad to know that getting on the scale daily isn't necessarily obsessive compulsive!

Heather
    See I am one of those people that get discouraged by fluctuations so I am stepping away rom the scale for awhile until I can get it back under control.At least thats the plan that I want to be able to stick with.We will see what happens.I admit I am a scaleaholic.
  • awestfall
    Options
    lildeb, I think you are making the right choice. Smart mother going with her gut. I know you are not going to regret it. Congrats on the promotion whoohoo 5k a year !!!!!!
    I agree with momma on this one!! Go with your motherly instincts and if the pysch doesn't like it find a new one.I would be the same way with my babies.I wouldn't want them on meds if I knew I could help her otherwise.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'll start by saying that it is good to get cought up on the posts. I have tried for two days and my computer has been running sooo S L O W... It took me 40 mins. to try and get my food input and I still wasn't able to. It kept kicking me off or giving me not responding errors, grr. I hate being so dependant on my computer but it is a way of life now days. My hubby is going to take a look tonight and see what is up. So I have made a trip to the public library to use a computer and the speed is wonderful.

Speaking of wonderful speed, how about the OLYMPICS?!?!? I want to watch TV ALL night!!! Tonight it going to be thrilling! GO LINDSEY!!!! A gold is within her reach. Sorry you biggest loser fans were disappointed your show wasn't on, you can find some incredible inspiring stories among the athletes.

I went to lunch with a friend yesterday and she told me it's time to buy new pants, the ones I had on were too baggy. (Her daughter calls the womens W sizes WOW sizes.) I surprised myself to fit into regular 16, bought two pair. No more 18W.
    Now that made my day and I left the store saying WOW to the new size.

mstahl: Your challege this week is a huge challenge for me because I have a mind set against drinking my calories and only drink water. So I bought some Ocean Spray lite cran raspberry juice that will be pretty in a goblet by the fire for tonight. We eat regularly by candle light. Then Saturday I am going to splurge for hot chocolate after skiing. You are getting me to do something different. Now if I can limit the hot chocolate....have self control, (repeat to self over and over).

Hope to have my coputer is up to snuff in the morning. Take care.

Calories: yes
    Water: close
    Exercise: yes
    Proud: wearing smaller pants today.
  • rockwife
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm not sure what I am having for supper, will decide when we get home around 8:00 pm. Have calories left, and it will have something to do with taco meat because that is left over.
    The scale is not my friend. Anytime I consume anything w/sodium it goes up instead of down.
    *Because of this a goal for this week is 48-64 oz. of water each day.
    *2nd goal 30 min. aerobic activity 5x a week.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Congrats snowflakes, on those WOW jeans. It feels so good to be in a smaller size YAy you!!!!!!!!!

rockwife, Those goals sound great. I think we all hate the scale after a bigger intake of sodium than usual. Keep up the good work!!!!

I made stew for dinner tonight. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a basic stew with some veggies was not too bad in the calorie range. It smells so good. We will be eating at around 5ish and I am hungry.

If Dinner goes as planned (which it will)
    Cals-under
    water-almost there, I will get there at dinner
    exercise-:embarassed: No
    I am proud that I tried something new and healthy today for lunch and enjoyed it.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lildeb - congrats on the raise! WOW! :flowerforyou: You really don't hear of that happening anymore! I agree with the rest of the gals. You need to do what feels right for your daughter. The counselor will totally understand.
    awestfall - be careful what you wish for! You asked us to give you a swift kick in the butt and lo and behold...the boot! :laugh: And I am just like you - I fret too much over the scale so I force myself to only weigh twice a week, which isn't bad for a scaleoholic! :tongue:
    snowflakes - I bet you look WOW in those jeans, too! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

check in:
    cals: OK
    water: 64
    exercise: 40 +10 on bike, plus arm work
    proud: today a coworker told me that my pants were getting too big - I just bought them a month ago! :noway:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    jlb- Thank you sooo much! I wore different shoes and wow! I am still in pain but its sooo much better! Thank you!:flowerforyou: I really didnt think shoes made that much of a difference:huh:

Thanks for all the congrats on my niece:heart::heart: I went to see her again today, shes so precious. It kind of makes me want another one, but my son is only 15 months and I really dont think I could handle it! Maybe in a year?!:laugh:

here is my check in:
    calories- under by 144 (but I ate lots of protein..so im so full)
    water- yes!
    excercise- c25k w2d2
    proud- that I dragged my butt to the gym because I had talked my self out of it all day due to my knees. Now I feel fantabulous for going!:happy:

lildeb- I think you are making the right decision! Way to follow those mommy instincts! I think Dr now a days tend to over medicate...just my 2 cents

Have a great night everyone

Cris
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Well serena came home today and had good marks , she got stickers for 5 days in a row , that seriously is the 1st time it happend all year. SHe was being soo sweet today, I hope today wasn't for the meds , she got the 1st 3 stickers before the meds so i don't think so...She did have some accidents today but i will take what I can get...she said this morning she had one cause she was tring really hard to work on her writing.

I am still proud of her though to have gotten 5 days in a row and i am proud of her.

Now on to me :)

Calroies - right no target by the end of the day
    Water - Bad :(
    Exdercise - Non ..my knee is killing me and just couldn't get to it.
    Proud - I am proud I at least entered my cals and I am doing good...and not letting a few lb on the scale discourge me.
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump, for later
  • awestfall
    Options
    lildeb - congrats on the raise! WOW! :flowerforyou: You really don't hear of that happening anymore! I agree with the rest of the gals. You need to do what feels right for your daughter. The counselor will totally understand.
    awestfall - be careful what you wish for! You asked us to give you a swift kick in the butt and lo and behold...the boot! :laugh: And I am just like you - I fret too much over the scale so I force myself to only weigh twice a week, which isn't bad for a scaleoholic! :tongue:
    snowflakes - I bet you look WOW in those jeans, too! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

check in:
    cals: OK
    water: 64
    exercise: 40 +10 on bike, plus arm work
    proud: today a coworker told me that my pants were getting too big - I just bought them a month ago! :noway:
    Thanks!! Well I did good today as far as eatng except when it became later in the evening I started snacking and I need to stop that but I was hungry because I tried drinking water and that didn't satisfy so I ate but I didn't eat junk and I went over calories because of it but I ate good clean food so I am hoping that if I can get into the habit of eating well and not poorly (junk food for me)I will be able to start losing again.I have cleaned the cubbards of all junky foods and replaced them with organic and fresh whole foods.I have been cooking like crazy these past few days.Although my children haven't warmed up to the idea of eating what their dad and I eat they are seeing that good food is just that GOOD FOOD!! I think my 15 year old thinks that good food is suppose to taste gross because its good for you.I made pork stir fry with garlic broccoli this evening out of my biggest loser cookbook and everyone at it although my 15 year old curled her nose up my two little ones enjoyed it.I am happy they did because this house is going to stay this way.I am not going back to junk.I will admit my oldest talked me into honey buns but I have not touched them yet and I don't plan on it because I know it will only go right to my BUM(Which still hurts by the way):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I want them to learn now to eat well especially my little ones and my oldest because her idea of good food is mac and cheese and a big fat greasy burger.YUCK!! She is not fat by any means because I would love to be at her weight (150) but for her age she is starting to pack on pounds because she doesn't pay attention to what she eats and she doesn't do anything to keep her weight down like exercise.I don't want to say anything because I know how bad it used to hurt my feelings when I was her age and my mom told me to suck it in all the time.I only weighed 120 pounds at that time too.So I try to subtle tell her to exercise a bit more and stay active so she doesn't end up in my shoes.I know this weight will begin to come off I am still relearning how to fuel my body the right way so I can lose.I am so thankful to be surrounded by wonderful GALS LIKE YOU !! I will figure this out and I will start pulling big numbers again so WATCH OUT!!! I am never going to give up!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Well I did good today as far as eatng except when it became later in the evening I started snacking and I need to stop that but I was hungry because I tried drinking water and that didn't satisfy so I ate but I didn't eat junk and I went over calories because of it but I ate good clean food so I am hoping that if I can get into the habit of eating well and not poorly (junk food for me)I will be able to start losing again.I have cleaned the cubbards of all junky foods and replaced them with organic and fresh whole foods.I have been cooking like crazy these past few days.Although my children haven't warmed up to the idea of eating what their dad and I eat they are seeing that good food is just that GOOD FOOD!!
    Awestfall - GOOD FOR YOU!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am a BIG believer in keeping a bunch of baby carrots and apples handy - they are really yummy when you are hungry and they take a while for your stomach to break down.

Checking in-
    Calories - OV ER by 350 ish - but I didn't count stairs as exercise calories.
    Water - sucked
    Exercise - skipped the elliptical this AM giving in to my calves that HURT - but I did make SIXTEEN treks up the 3 flights of stairs for a total of over 1100 stairs climbed!

Proud - we went out for half price sushi and I went NUTS but do to my smaller stomach and smarter choices, going nuts wasn't all that bad and I probably didn't go over exercise calories if I'd counted them. Even if I did go over my exercise calories I didn't get near maintenance :bigsmile:

I'm starting to see some muscle on my upper arms - it's sooo cool! :happy:

Chris - I've lost 20 and I have gone down a size in some pants but not others. I was 18/20 now I'm 16/18 the size 18 jeans I have on right now are tight :frown: But I FEEL much better and the weight WILL come off I just can't expect it to happen on my preferred timeline.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    checking in for 2/17
    calories - under by 21 (including exercise cals)
    Exercise - 30 mins walking
    water - 9 glasses

Insane work day, exhausted and hungry but didn't pig out.
  • Solandra
    Options
    Checking in for 2/17/2010
    Calories - under by half of them
    Water - over
    Exercise - none

Proud of - getting stuff done for the most part at work.

Yesterday was crazy and scary and had a mostly happy ending. I had moderate pain in my chest for the entire morning, and finally went to urgent care (picked up my beloved first) at lunch time. The EKG was fine, I'm not at risk as far as cholesterol or family history is concerned, my BP was actually normal for once. The doctor gave me a GI coctail and an rx for a daily reflux medication. We're working on the guarded assumption that it's really bad reflux, but I'm to go back to see her or to the ER if it gets any worse or persists past tomorrow. This morning I'm fighting nausea, but the pain is mostly gone.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1364
    Exercise: 30 minutes biking
    Water: 80+oz
    Proud: Still ignoring that whole plateau thing (despite the fact I just acknowledged it...). :laugh:

Even though the scale isn't moving, I'm really noticing changes in my appearance. I think maybe my body is just readjusting and redistributing and I'm not doing anything wrong. Like I always say, eating well and exercising in a healthy way can't be bad for me and a number on the scale doesn't change that fact. It was a good idea for me to start eating more now and I'm glad I did so I don't have to make the adjustment later.

Overall, my weight is down this week about 2-3 pounds from what I was last week, I just can't seem to break under 216.4 (which is the lowest weight I've hit so far and is what I've been 2 mornings in a row now). It's encouraging (not that I was ever really discouraged) that I'm back down to my lowest weight and I think I'm slowly starting to move in the right direction again. It doesn't seem that long, but when I look back at my weight entries, I've been hovering around the same weight for 3 weeks now since 01/29. The first time I hit 216.4 was on 02/06 and then I've gone as high as 219 up and down and up and down and now back to 216.4 for the 2nd day in a row. But still, every Friday I've been able to record at least a little bit of a loss from the previous Friday. And even if I'm still at 216.4 tomorrow, that's 0.4 down from last Friday (I always just check in on Fridays with what I weigh that morning even if I weigh 3 pounds more than I did some other day during the week). I've definitely lost significantly less this past month than previous months, but I've still lost 7.4 pounds since January 18 even with this stinking 3 week stall and that's nothing to be disappointed about!

Sorry, I guess I needed to give myself a pep talk. :tongue: :blushing: