over-200-club-new-year-new-body-part-7

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So many newbs! Welcome! :smile:

Calories: 1394 :bigsmile:
    Exercise: My calves are worse today than they were yesterday so I couldn't run -- there was just no way. :sad: BUT, I discovered biking doesn't hurt them so much, so I did 45 minutes of that tonight instead.
    Water: Lookin' like I'm just at 64 oz so far
    Proud: I didn't let the intense soreness of my muscles keep me from exercising. I'm feeling okay about weigh-in tomorrow. I feel like I'm going to break my 216.4 barrier. :drinker:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    checking in for today.....
    calories - 1216
    water - 7
    exercise - very little

I'm proud today that I've been able to keep this up for as long as I have so far.

Welcome Danielleca and other new people!!!!!
    This is the best group of supportive women on all of MFP that I have found. They have been wonderful.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    checking in!

Welcome every one! You'll love it here- check in every day with your calories, water, exercise and one thing you're proud of -then on Fridays we weigh in...

Today-
    Calories- I was so good until the home made Rubens tonight :( so over by like uhmmm 500 :sick:
    Water - just under
    Exercise - 35 minutes on the elliptical, a 45 minute FAST walk at lunch (created blisters) 600+ "up" steps at work

Proud - even after I had the blisters from walking at lunch I made three trips up the steps at work. OMG it hurt so I gave up after three but that was an extra 210 steps!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well I finally got my Wii tonight and my new 42" HDTV.I can't wait to try out my Wii EA Avctive Game tomorrow.Does anyone know how you log exercise cals for this.And for those of you that have the Wii what games do you have for it and do you like the Wii so far?I am new to this but I wanted to find a fun different way to exercise because running on my elliptical everyday is beginning to be a bore and I think I need to switch up for a few days here and there.
  • awestfall
    Options
    Checkin in
    Calories -Over by 958 to be exact !! I learned my lesson though to be prepared before you go out to eat and know how many cals are in your food before you order.
    Water-96 ounces
    Exercise-Nope not unless you count me cleaning up my house like I do every day of the week.
    Proud that I haven't given up and I keep fighting to fin what works for me.I will lose this weight and I will be healthy.I am never giving up and I think my new eating habits are surely going to pay off soon.With the exception of tonight but I am going to let that roll off my shoulders and move on.I am not going to even weigh in tomorrow because I know my numbers will be effected by sodium levels I ate tonight.Good luck though with the rest of you gals I know you did GREAT this week!!!
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies!

Check in for 2/18
    Cals: under
    exercise: none
    water: 12 glasses! go me
    Proud: That I wore a shirt that I havnt since I was 3 month pregnant and didnt feel uncomfortable!

weigh in for this morning: 203.4 So I am down .8 Not as much as I would have liked but its still a lose! I did lose 2 inch in my waist and an inch in my hips! That wasnt in a week though.. its been almost 2 since I measured that!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs. this week. Yay! And although the ticker reads 50, it's really 49.5. :grumble: I'll get it next week! I'm still really happy!

Newcomers, cut and paste the names below and add your weight & % loss. You can calculate % loss by going to http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

tiger12gal: -.8 = ___%?
    bluenote: -3 = .68%
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    tiger12gal: -.8 = .39%?
    jlb123: -1.8 = .83%

Is the plateau over? Let's hope this sticks -- 215.0 this morning which means I hit my Valentine's Day goal!! I don't think anyone ever plans to hit a plateau when they set up their goals, so hitting it only 5 days late WITH that stupid nearly 3 week plateau makes me VERY happy! :happy: Regardless, Eat MORE, move more is my new motto!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    tiger12gal: -.8 = .39%
    Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs. this week. Yay! And although the ticker reads 50, it's really 49.5. :grumble: I'll get it next week! I'm still really happy!

Newcomers, cut and paste the names below and add your weight & % loss. You can calculate % loss by going to http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

I am unsure what to plug in where on this calculator. Brain fart this morning! It's been a good morning. Had to climb in my car through the passenger door since someone parked so close! Please help!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I am unsure what to plug in where on this calculator. Brain fart this morning! It's been a good morning. Had to climb in my car through the passenger door since someone parked so close! Please help!

go to this site and plug in the info.. Then copy and paste everyone's and add yours! If you need help just let us know your previous weight and how much you lost and someone will figure it and update it for you!
    http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm
  • LittleSpy
    Options

I don't use the calculator because I can't access that website on my network at work.

What you do to find the percentage of weight lost this week is divide the amount you lost this week by LAST WEEK'S weight. And then move the decimal place over to the right 2 places & you have your percentage.
    For example, last week I weighed 216.8. This week I weighed 215.0. That's a loss of 1.8 pounds.

So, I take 1.8 (the amount I lost this week)
    and divide it by 216.8 (last week's weight)
    and I get .008302.....
    So, I move the decimal 2 places to the right -- 00.8302... And then I round to the hundreth (because it's easier to manage), so I lost 0.83% this week.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    :happy: :heart: SUPER DUPER HAPPY ABOUT THIS WEEK!!!!!:heart::heart:

LW (2/12/10)- 237.8LBS
    CW (2/19/10)- 232.2LBS!!!:drinker:

Loss of 5.6lbs!!! I know I say it all the time but I really cant thank you girls enough for being here for me during this journey!!!

Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
    Cris20056 -5.6 = 2.35%

PS- This is the site I use (its really simple) - http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I forgot some personals:

Bluenote- I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing that 50 on your ticker! GREAT JOB! (I know its 249.5, but whatever, I still say its great!!!)
    Mstahl- good job on still taking those steps!! I am still avoiding the ones at work and Im only on the second floor :blushing: :grumble:
    Jlb- SO HAPPY YOU GOT BELOW THE DREADED NUMBER! Way to go!

Hugs,

Cris
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping me figure that out! I was highly confused!

Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
    Cris20056 -5.6 = 2.35%
    Jess41684 .8=.35%
  • meokk
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am thrilled that I kept losing right on track this week. I have had guests since last friday and eaten so many meals out of the house that my daily calories have been somewhat guesswork.
    I'm down 1.8 lbs since last Friday !!!!

Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
    Cris20056 -5.6 = 2.35%
    Meokk -1.8 = 0.87%

Have a great weekend all.
  • meokk
    Options
    Whoops! me and Jess must ahve been writing at the same time.
    Here is the updated list

Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
    Cris20056 -5.6 = 2.35%
    Jess41684 .8=.35%
    Meokk -1.8 = 0.87%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 114 calories
    Water: 32 oz.
    Sodium: Over by 1626 (I blame Pizza Hut)
    Exercise: None, unless one can count trying on swimming suits and several trips up the stairs while doing laundry.
    Proud: I found a cute new "girly" coat to replace my oversized navy blue men's coat. My boyfriend will love it!

Cris: Congrats on your BIG loss this week. You're kicking butt!!

This morning is passing slowly because I'm looking forward to tonight's turkey dinner to celebrate my boyfriend's dad's 60th birthday. Then tomorrow morning my boyfriend and I are headed out of town (only 3 hours away) to explore some state parks, snowshoe and relaxation. I'm looking forward to swimming in the hotel pool even though I look goofy in a swimsuit (short torso, long legs = funny looking combo in a one-piece suit).

Have a great day!
    Heather
    Coloradogirl -2 = .76%
    Cris20056 -5.6 = 2.35%
    Jess41684 .8=.35%
    Meokk -1.8 = 0.87%
    hajohnson24 -.20 = .10%
  • awestfall
    Options
    Even after my bad eating habits last night and no exercise yesterday I lost .4 pounds.I was so excited to see that scale move in the opposite direction that I didn't carethat it was only .4.I am going to use my Wii today and I am so excited to get a good workout from it.Wish me luck and I can't wait to start losing big like the rest of you have been.I know I will get there!!So last week I weighed in at 235.8 and this morning 235.4.
    Ok I need to vent a bit and I need some advice.My 15 year old daughter is dating a horrible guy.He curses at her, he never takes her anywhere and to me he is just a BIG LOSER!!! She has broke up with him several times just to crawl right back to him.Just to give you gals some background she is not my real daughter (in my heart she is) but she is really my step-daughter and her real mother has had a handful of bad relationships after her marriage failed with Samantha's Dad which is now my husband.Still with me right?Well to sum her real mother up she is scum and she searches for scum when it comes to men.Well to me I feel like Sammi has picked up on this and thats what she goes for now.She has had a few great guys one that I absolutely love because he was raised right by his parents that he should take care of the girl because he is the man.In fact his mother told me that her son never allows for a girl to pay for there own dinner,movie whatever he pays.I think it should be this way but I am old fashion I guess!! Well Sam dumped him because she said she felt weird him wanting to pay for stuff for her.Well this loser she is with now doesn't pay for anything in fact the last time they went to the movies was with my sister -in-law and she had to pay for my daughters movie ticket because her boyfriend wouldn't.Everytime she has broken up with this guy he calls her a F****** B**** and tells her she is not worth it but yet he says he wants to mary her and he can't live without her.I think this is creepy and I have told her that too.Of course when I was her age I thought I was in love many times but never with someone like this.She tells him all the time she loves him but I don't see how she does.I am trying to understand and see that maybe its just a stage she is going through but I can't stand this guy.Her attitude changes everytime she takes him back.She goes from fun and loving girl I know she is to smart mouth and attitude all over the place.She says I can't blame her attitude on her boyfriend but thats when her attitude changes.I have tried a dozen of times to ask her why she would want to be with a jerk and she just doesn't get it.We are very close too but when she has him in her life I don't want to be around her which is sad because I have been in her life for the past 8 years now.I am stressing over it because I don't want to see her in a destructive relationship but how can I stop it.She will see him at school even if I don't allow her to go anywhere with him (and I don't unless its supervised with someone I approve).But he usually never asks her to do anything because he is a loser.I have tried to like him but I can't based on the things she has told me he has done to her.So long story short last night she gets mad at me because I tell her I am never going to like him because of the way he treats her.Well her reply was "You haven't even met him in person"I said" I don't want to based on what you have told me he has done to you and why would I like someone who mistreats my daughter"Her reply "Well I could careless whether you like him or not" Which to me translated MOM YOUR OPINION DOESN"T MATTER!! And then she tried to change what she said after she had already said it.It was too late then she hurt my feelings!!!What do I do?I am so stressed over this situation and I can't tell her not to see him because she will anyways.
  • meokk
    Options
    Even after my bad eating habits last night and no exercise yesterday I lost .4 pounds.I was so excited to see that scale move in the opposite direction that I didn't carethat it was only .4.I am going to use my Wii today and I am so excited to get a good workout from it.Wish me luck and I can't wait to start losing big like the rest of you have been.I know I will get there!!

Congrats !!!! Food for you Awestfall
    Just when you least expect it, the scale can be kind.