Something my boyfriend does that bothers me. Mini rant.

Options

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. When I am watching what I eat, I find myself hating people who are eating something huge / delicious in front of me. I have to take a breath and remind myself, it's not his fault I'm hungry and cranky and my seratonin is low, and I want to kill him for eating half a pizza :) Just chill, and feel good about the choices you are making for yourself, and don't start picking other people's personal choices apart.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Some of my MFP friends get to eat ice cream every single night. The nerve I tell ya.

Then that biotch posts up pictures of a flat stomach and such. Clearly they are not her pictures, no one eats ice cream and stays amazingly fit and trim. No one.

you havent a clue...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Some of my MFP friends get to eat ice cream every single night. The nerve I tell ya.

Then that biotch posts up pictures of a flat stomach and such. Clearly they are not her pictures, no one eats ice cream and stays amazingly fit and trim. No one.

you havent a clue...

He is a friend - it was tongue in cheek.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

you havent a clue...

Lol i take this back!
    ;D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Lol i take this back!
    ;D

:happy:
  • ChadB74
    ChadB74 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think you shouldn't bring it up unless they try to force you to eat something you don't want. Joking around about it is just what it is. My girlfriend does weight watchers while I do calorie counting. She gets ticked because I lose more but at the end of the day, neither of us try to push our diet beliefs on the other. It is tough to have different eating syles but you just got to make it work. Just like your relationship has sacrafices here and there, you can have a slice of pizza here and there :wink:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Ohai!!!
    Wow you do look great though.. haha

She does.
    I've been eating more ice cream. Seriously.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue with someone in my life. Constantly talking about how they need to lose weight but there's very little action behind it. It can be annoying. Try to not let it get to you and just hope that they'll get their eventually. As far as the teasing goes. next time he tells you you can't have pizza just have some. It's not going to hinder your weight loss and as long as you're not over on calories you'll still be on track.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. When I am watching what I eat, I find myself hating people who are eating something huge / delicious in front of me. I have to take a breath and remind myself, it's not his fault I'm hungry and cranky and my seratonin is low, and I want to kill him for eating half a pizza :) Just chill, and feel good about the choices you are making for yourself, and don't start picking other people's personal choices apart.
    Well you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't have to "hate" on anyone. I suggest you rethink your views on food.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    well at least hes being more active right?

No. He goes for runs for 10 minutes and walks half of it because he says he can't breathe. I don't like bashing on him because everything being said has made me feel horrible, and i love him, so I'm done.

So? Not everyone can run 10 minutes right off the bat. At least he's trying. Maybe you should support him if you expect him to support you.

And when you open up your thoughts on a public forum, you have to prepare to get lots of opinions and feedback. Them's the breaks...

Why do you think i was saying that negatively? I was only stating that he tried and he couldn't. I even told him to not run that day since the same thing happened the other day.
    Maybe he should stop running. Problem solved. There are plenty of other ways to create a deficit.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    let's go along with what everyone else said...it's his choices. if it bothers you, then change the way you respond to him. my son's dad is 6 foot tall and weighs about 276lbs...I weighed 277 in August and now weigh 242..he STILL weighs 270ish lol. He works on oil rigs on and off shore so his eating is horrible, his calories burned is outrageous given the work he does 16-20hours a day and he doesn't have a set schedule of work for 2 weeks, be off for 1 etc etc...when he IS here, I cook him whatever the hell he wants because it is HIS choice. I make what I want for myself, or I eat with him..IN MODERATION.
    Now he can eat an entire pack of thick cut bacon laden with sodium, but I usually will only go as far as to make him half the pack throughout the day (hey he is a bacon man and if i make ((cure & smoke)) my own bacon it is even worse). He respects my decision to get fit and encourages me often. I do not make comments about what he eats when he is here because he deserves a little slack. I will love him skinny or chubby, as long as his health is not going down the drain and it does not get out of control because I know I can push him as much as I want to, but he is the one who has to WANT to change his eating patterns, not me.

Moral: Keep walking the walk, let him talk the talk so to speak. When/IF he is ready, he will make his own changes. Maybe by you keeping on your path, it will one day inspire or motivate him to ship up or ship out.

Edit to fix a spelling error GGRRR
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but you sound like a bitter dieter who is about to binge on pizza and peanut butter at any moment.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just because someone can eat a pound of fat and salt laden bacon without gaining a pound, doesn't mean they should. It's terribly unhealthy.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but you sound like a bitter dieter who is about to binge on pizza and peanut butter at any moment.
    Some people have more willpower than others. It helps to have a supportive significant other/friends/family or it is easy to fall back into old habits. I don't think she sounds bitter, just sounds like someone who wants to succeed and is afraid she may not be able to.
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! I know exactly what you mean. My husband doesn't necessarily taunt me like hah you can't have this but he'll offer it to me and wave it in my face. Teasingly of course and he doesn't mean anything by it but I don't think he realizes how hard I'm trying. Also, he too says he wants to lose weight yet eats whatever he wants. Last night he had a snow ball (the chocolate and marshmellow cake), drumstick ice cream, a huge sandwich with mayo, etc. Its frustrating I know.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    He knows i count every single one of my calories, and that i'm on this website trying to lose weight. What bothers me is that we'll be out at the mall or something and he'll see the food court and go "Ooo i think i'm going to get some pizza" and i'll be like "well aren't you lucky" in a joking way of course and he'll joke back saying "you can't have it!" I know he's being playful since i am, and if he knew it bothered me he would stop. Which I'm going to tell him next time he does it. But he too is trying to get more active and eat less, yet he still eats a crap load and eats things he thinks are healthy for him in huge amounts. For example,the other day he made a peanut butter sandwich with at LEAST 5 tablespoons of peanut butter on it. I was thinking to myself.. that sandwich has got to be 600-700 calories and i'm sure he doesn't really care.

Anyone else in a similar situation? Sorry if this was annoying... just needed to rant a little bit.

1. Don't say things like "Well aren't you lucky" playful or not.
    2. Maybe you being a calorie counter bums his mellow.
    3. Counting HIS calories isn't going to help you in your weight loss journey.

Lovely rant, take responsibility for your part. He's not in your relationship alone, he won't play if you don't play. Don't set yourself up to receive his "playfulness" if it's hurting your feelings.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Poor guy, it can't be easy having everything you do or say analysed for tone and meaning. He wants to eat pizza let him eat pizza and stop being so womany. It gives the rest of us a bad name!

I. Think. I. Love. You.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't have to "hate" on anyone. I suggest you rethink your views on food.

I was being tongue and cheek. Obviously, you have never had anyone eat in front of you when you are hungry. You feel a bit like a hungry dog.
  • mrsraushel
    Options
    I've been really surprised and disappointed by the amount of criticism and judgement that goes on in the community forums when people ask for advice. When someone asks what to do about a situation or for camaraderie they aren't asking how they are supposed to feel....

Makes me hesitant to ask for advice!
  • mrsraushel
    Options

That IS hard! Especially when you have to wait or can't eat what they're eating! I have some food sensitivities and it's hard when people are eating things I literally cannot eat. I try to plan ahead during the week, so I'm not hungry/cranky, but you can't always plan for everything. :) Try as I might!
    I was being tongue and cheek. Obviously, you have never had anyone eat in front of you when you are hungry. You feel a bit like a hungry dog.