Something my boyfriend does that bothers me. Mini rant.

Options
1235»

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. When I am watching what I eat, I find myself hating people who are eating something huge / delicious in front of me. I have to take a breath and remind myself, it's not his fault I'm hungry and cranky and my seratonin is low, and I want to kill him for eating half a pizza :) Just chill, and feel good about the choices you are making for yourself, and don't start picking other people's personal choices apart.
    Well you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't have to "hate" on anyone. I suggest you rethink your views on food.

That IS hard! Especially when you have to wait or can't eat what they're eating! I have some food sensitivities and it's hard when people are eating things I literally cannot eat. I try to plan ahead during the week, so I'm not hungry/cranky, but you can't always plan for everything. :) Try as I might!
    I was being tongue and cheek. Obviously, you have never had anyone eat in front of you when you are hungry. You feel a bit like a hungry dog.

OMG. I have exactly that problem. Can't eat corn, wheat or dairy, so I end up going hungry while other people are eating all the time. And I'm like ahhhhh... I'm so freakin hungry right now! There is a reason it's considered rude to eat in front of someone who doesn't have food. Obviously, it's not anyone's fault that I can't eat what they are eating, but I end up feeling pretty on edge.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are the opposite. There are a lot more foods I like that I can eat and I don't have to count carbs per meal so I can eat some meals he can't. I don't rub it in his face, though. If I want to have one of those meals he used to love, I ask if he's ok with me eating it in front of him. He always says it's ok, because he's awesome like that :-)

Tonight he was expressing his great joy at being done with schoolwork for break and I gave him some crap, because I still have a couple papers to write. Of course, had I not procrastinated earlier in the term, I'd be done, too.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. When I am watching what I eat, I find myself hating people who are eating something huge / delicious in front of me. I have to take a breath and remind myself, it's not his fault I'm hungry and cranky and my seratonin is low, and I want to kill him for eating half a pizza :) Just chill, and feel good about the choices you are making for yourself, and don't start picking other people's personal choices apart.
    Well you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't have to "hate" on anyone. I suggest you rethink your views on food.

I was being tongue and cheek. Obviously, you have never had anyone eat in front of you when you are hungry. You feel a bit like a hungry dog.

the proper term is "tongue IN cheek"......and i think you might actually be confused about what it means, as well.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

That IS hard! Especially when you have to wait or can't eat what they're eating! I have some food sensitivities and it's hard when people are eating things I literally cannot eat. I try to plan ahead during the week, so I'm not hungry/cranky, but you can't always plan for everything. :) Try as I might!

OMG. I have exactly that problem. Can't eat corn, wheat or dairy, so I end up going hungry while other people are eating all the time. And I'm like ahhhhh... I'm so freakin hungry right now! There is a reason it's considered rude to eat in front of someone who doesn't have food. Obviously, it's not anyone's fault that I can't eat what they are eating, but I end up feeling pretty on edge.
    Why can't you eat those foods?
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly men can eat a lot more than women. My b/f's intake is so much more than mine and i don't eat the same things as him. (hamburgers, bacon and eggs, pizza) Just take care of yourself and let him eat whatever he wants.
  • TaterTotz777
    Options
    mmmm pizza
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My fiancee is constantly eating crap, despite me throwing a bunch of junk food away- he went out and bought more. He says it's okay in moderation but he doesn't eat it in moderation- even though were both trying to lose weight/get health. His behavior bothers me but not a ton. What really kills me is when he grabs his stomach and complains he's not losing any weight. I'm like, "uh, duh. Your not eating right." his response is that he can eat what he wants because he'll burn it off at the gym. The problem is 1) he doesn't count calorie in take, so how can he know he's burning? 2) He spends a majority of our gym time procrastinating. It only bothers me because I am damn tired of hearing it and explaining the problem to him, only to have him ignore my response and do what ge wants..... And he complains about his dad not listening/adhering to what the Doc's say about eating right and exercise... Eventually I gave up saying anything when he complains that he's not losing. My new response is, "talk to me about it when you're ready to hear the answer."