How many of you...

Options

Replies

• elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I will count my calories just like i did on thanksgiving, but I will end up over on my calories. I just enter it all to remind myself how easy it is to go over on calories, especially when alcohol is involved!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If you don't log, you can eat as much as you want. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no !!! And maybe not New Years day either.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, I want and need to be accountable to myself. Even if I just guess the calories that I ate.

I'm the same. If I gave way to a "free" day I'd fall off the wagon.

If I'm accountable and SEE what I do (calorie/workout) even if i go over on calories ONE day I'm not going to go way over.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Logging, just like every other day. If I'm going to skip a day of logging, it won't be a potentially epic day like this. Besides, although most people think they're eating 10k+ calories, they probably aren't. It's educational to see that a complete blow-out day is still *only* 5k.
  • patty4899
    Options
    I will log everything - just like any other day.

I will eat whatever I want - again, just like every other day.

If I am over on my goal for that day...that's ok. Actually, I'd be surprised if I wasn't. I am not trying to "diet" as much as I am being mindful of what I eat. I can be mindful and still enjoy the holidays.

This
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'll treat it as a normal day.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I'm not going to log is politeness. I don't want to be the 'skinny b!tch' asking to see all the packaging etc and making others more conscious of what they're eating than they might want to be. I'm not actually skinny by my standards, but in comparison to a lot of my relatives, I am.
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I'm not going to log is politeness. I don't want to be the 'skinny b!tch' asking to see all the packaging etc and making others more conscious of what they're eating than they might want to be. I'm not actually skinny by my standards, but in comparison to a lot of my relatives, I am.
    Oh heavens, I am not going to do that either. I will discretely log what I can, photo what I can't (to figure out later) and use similar foods in the database. I have been doing this long enough I can generally get a rough estimate of serving size without weighing it. I always try to guess too high if in doubt.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I will log my food even if I eat 6,000 calories. And I don't want any lectures from anybody about it - ya hear ?!
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't mind logging over the holidays.

I find it motivating to see that I have days where I splurge and treat myself, and still see the ongoing downward trend of my weight loss over time. :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Log food on Christmas day? Not a chance! I'm going to eat whatever I want, when I want! Come on...it's Christmas! And I'm going to enjoy it! :wink:
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I say count. Be honest and know what you've eaten. Although I think it's no crime to take a one day break, but I've tried not logging but eventually I was too curious to not do it. BTW logging doesn't mean you can't go over the goal.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I did it for Thanksgiving and I'm going to do it for Christmas too. I've been really good about my calories and a cheat day here and there is ok. No guilt here. I still log I just don't beat myself up over it if I go over my calories.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I log for documentation purposes and to not go totally overboard but really won't worry about it if I go over.
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    We're going to my sister's on Christmas Eve and I'm cooking on Christmas Day. Everything is homemade, so I'm not taking the time that it would take to add all those recipes here and measure every portion. I'm skipping both days and probably New Year's Day too. I plan on drinking a lot of beer watching the bowl games that day. I only eat 1200 every day and my BMR is 1600, so I have plenty of room for wiggle without gaining.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I say count. Be honest and know what you've eaten. Although I think it's no crime to take a one day break, but I've tried not logging but eventually I was too curious to not do it. BTW logging doesn't mean you can't go over the goal.

EXACTLY MY POINT.
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is too homemade or potluck-style that I don't know quite what's in it. If I made something (like my fat-laden baked mac and cheese) then I know what appropriate portions to eat. In general, for holidays (and even lately for trips) I don't log because a) people are starting to question me when I feel the need to track every single digit and b) I just don't know it.

It's worked so far.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I might log just for the laughs. I did the same on Thanksgiving and had about 4,800 cals - did I feel bad?..absolutely not, in fact I was a bit disappointed I did not break 5k
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging my food over the entire holidays..I will be mindful of what I eat Christmas Day ..I'm cooking so will be able to control that..but I will carry on working out but I'm fairly confident I won't gain but I just won't lose.