How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A quick google search helped me figure it out
  • DebHarms
    Options
    bump for later
  • kwynd
    kwynd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to give this a try. I was with WW online and my one year contract stopped but now that I am trying MFP, I am frustrated that I always seem to exceed my calories because of fruits and vegetables which are 0 PP. I wonder if I should just stop entering fruits and vegtables and anything 0 PP.
  • JAMBING10
    JAMBING10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank You CM9178, I've just started doing ww with some friends at work after using mfp since the beginning of the year & now I can see both values which makes it easier to understand after counting calories.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • texaskevin
    texaskevin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me with how to make this work on Android please?
    I installed TamperMonkey and it shows the script running, but it doesn't add the field in Firefox or Chrome.
    I saw the stuff about editing the script, but I don't see anything in TamperMonkey that opens the file for editing like it does on desktop PC.
    What is the file name and where is it?
    Thanks,
  • jhb550
    jhb550 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Going to try this at home--thank you very much! x
  • amalynd
    Options
    Gonna give this a shot, thanks!
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do you know if this works on a black berry. Oh man I hope so!! BUMP :)
  • mtbchk
    Options
    Sorry, it won't work on Android or Blackberry.
  • sybeaner
    Options
    Hello All,

Just downloaded the script and Grease Monkey but MFP didn't change. I've reordered the nutrients appropriately and added 'None'. Can someone please give step-by-step instructions for novices? I'm sure I'm missing something. I've not edited code and quite frankly wouldn't know where to find it. Thanks so much! :smile:
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Thank you!!!!! I just joined WW at work because I liked the added support from coworkers. But, what I hate is their tracker. I was counting calories (I also see a doctor about weight and he wants me to count calories and not points) and I was counting points, talk about burning out quickly. This is the almost perfect solution!!!

I owe the guy/gal who wrote this script a Christmas present.
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Sybeaner, earlier in this thread there are detailed steps for editing the script. I know how you feel. I was almost in tears!
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Boredlimodrv have you ever used the WW app??? OMG, I can't believe the price WW charges for their online tracking and meetings. The food tracker doesn't have the data base that MFP has. It's really sad they charge so much and give the customer so little. But they do offer recipes and stuff that are decent. WW keeps changing their plans to get more $$$ to entice new and old WW customers. It's all about the money. I joined at work to get the support from coworkers, but after this, I will never join WW again. MFP is my friend. MFP doesn't charge anything to track a fitbit, but WW charges 5.00 a month to track their pedometer...it's all about the $$$$

Now if there was a way to get the points on the iphone. I don't think Apple will ever let that happen. They are very strict about apps and security. Android not so much, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone figures it out.

Bordlimodrv......you have done great. I applaud you. Drive safe
  • heatherie2112
    Options
    Unfortunately the points are not matching the new WW points plus
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've replied in this thread, or anyone else said the same thing...

The only way to track macros from WW points is to look at the NI of the food and set up an Excel spreadsheet with a breakdown, or just write it all down then log it in MFP. The foods in the database do have the NI. I did that for one day. Quite honestly, it's a p.i.t.a. But I found I was eating way too many carbs (for me) on WW. Btw, a WW point is about 40 calories. I've been on and off WW, on and off paleo, but now I'm back to Primal Blueprint. WW seemed to stop working for me, even with increasing my workouts, and still staying within points, which I've been told can happen with weight lifters.
  • KimEllen
    Options
    :smile:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the points are not matching the new WW points plus
    Then you haven't done it correctly. They match.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've replied in this thread, or anyone else said the same thing...

The only way to track macros from WW points is to look at the NI of the food and set up an Excel spreadsheet with a breakdown, or just write it all down then log it in MFP. The foods in the database do have the NI. I did that for one day. Quite honestly, it's a p.i.t.a. But I found I was eating way too many carbs (for me) on WW. Btw, a WW point is about 40 calories. I've been on and off WW, on and off paleo, but now I'm back to Primal Blueprint. WW seemed to stop working for me, even with increasing my workouts, and still staying within points, which I've been told can happen with weight lifters.
    Um, this entire thread is about a script you can install on your browser so you can track your WW points on MFP. So no, that is not the only way to track WW points NI macros.
  • Andersonjaez
    Andersonjaez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old and long post but just wanted to say thank you!!! It's nice to see the points with the other #'s side by side on one site. I would LOVE for it to show on my phone but I'm happy to know I'm adding it in and can see it when I get home.

Thank you!!!