How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have chrome on my ipad, but how would you install the script?

I emailed it to myself and then I have FileExplorer on my iPad so I can save it. Then drag it to your chrome extensions. At least I'm going to try that. Otherwise, you can connect your iPad to your Mac and install it that way.

Google Chrome is suposed to sync from all your devices, including extensions if you have your settings set up that way. It's not syncing though, still working on it and will report back.

From what I can tell, Safari and Chrome on iPad do not support syncing extensions. :sad:

I tried to rename the userscript with the .safariextension rather than .js and it won't compile in Safari. Seems it's too locked down for user scripts not compiled by safari developers. Bummer!
  • ukfan96
    Options
    I installed the script and it is showing a points column but nothing is calculating?
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    I installed the script and it is showing a points column but nothing is calculating?

Make sure your nutrients are in the correct order.
  • equinedestiny02
    Options
    Bump for later:)
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Need a little tech help... I was able to install the WW points but I think I have the old program because fruit isn't coming up free.

How do I set it to Points Plus?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Steph
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Need a little tech help... I was able to install the WW points but I think I have the old program because fruit isn't coming up free.

How do I set it to Points Plus?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Steph
    I'm pretty sure Point Plus would still show points for "free" fruits, because it is going to calculate the points if you enter in the diary.
    I don't use WW e-tools so I don't know.. if you enter a "free" fruit, does it calculate it as free? or as a points value?
    If you don't want to see the points for the fruits, then I'd suggest not entering them. Or enter them so you can see the calories but remember to subtract them from your points total.

Anyway, in the beginning of this thread, multiple people talked about how to change it to points plus and it also tells you how on the page you install it from:
    To display the new Points Plus calculation, edit the source code. On line 10, change variable pointsPlus=false; to pointsPlus=true
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    Yes WW puts in fruits and veggies as 0 but the userscript will not, it doesn't contain that logic, but that's ok cuz MFP counts calories, so you want to see it.
  • lindan70
    lindan70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is great information. Thank you.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I did it! Thank you!!! I love MFP, but wasn't getting anywhere so I rejoined WW. Now I can do both and don't have to pay for WW! Thank you so so much! YIPPEE!!
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    You definitely have to do some tweaking. It's telling me a Roma tomato is 1 point, for instance. But I'll play with it and see if it's worth cancelling my WW subscription. Thanks again!
  • tutti777
    Options
    "Thank you" so much. I'll have to have my husband figure this out for me. I would love to be able to do both. Thank you for sharing this info. I have an older WW points book which I can refer to. Do you have any idea how many points I should be using per day? I'm 5' 3 1/2"...I weigh 177 and would like to weigh 135. I hope I gave enough info. I'm 60 years of age. Gosh...I'm excited!
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    "Thank you" so much. I'll have to have my husband figure this out for me. I would love to be able to do both. Thank you for sharing this info. I have an older WW points book which I can refer to. Do you have any idea how many points I should be using per day? I'm 5' 3 1/2"...I weigh 177 and would like to weigh 135. I hope I gave enough info. I'm 60 years of age. Gosh...I'm excited!

Try this site: http://onemorepound.com/

I'm pretty sure it has everything you need. But I only glanced it.
  • CM9178
    Options
    It depends if you want to do points plus or old points - I'm guessing old points (momentum or flex) if you have an old book?

If you want to use a set number, use this calculator: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/ww-points-allowed/

If you want to use the old school point range, use this: http://losing2gether0.tripod.com/losingtogether/id16.html
  • CM9178
    Options
    You definitely have to do some tweaking. It's telling me a Roma tomato is 1 point, for instance. But I'll play with it and see if it's worth cancelling my WW subscription. Thanks again!
    You are probably selecting a tomato that a user entered themselves.
    Search for tomato - raw, and you will find: Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average. Select Plum tomato (same thing as Roma I'm guessing) - it should be 11 calories, 2 carb, 0 fat, 1 fiber, 1 protein and 0 points.

The script calculates points correctly - 99.9% of the time, foods are entered into the database incorrectly by MFP users.
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Ah! That makes sense. Thank you Cindy!
  • meganb_17
    meganb_17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    save
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Search for tomato - raw, and you will find: Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average. Select Plum tomato (same thing as Roma I'm guessing) - it should be 11 calories, 2 carb, 0 fat, 1 fiber, 1 protein and 0 points.

The script calculates points correctly - 99.9% of the time, foods are entered into the database incorrectly by MFP users.

You are a genius! That's exactly what was wrong. So if you enter the MFP food entries you're golden! Thank you again!!
  • CM9178
    Options

You are a genius! That's exactly what was wrong. So if you enter the MFP food entries you're golden! Thank you again!!

Yup, and that is probably one of my biggest annoyances about MFP. I don't know where people get all of the random things from or why they enter them - but they are clearly not calculating their foods correctly if those are the numbers they are basing their food diaries on! It ends up taking me forever to find the right food when searching - such a pain in the butt!!!
  • SOOZIE429
    Options

Try this site: http://onemorepound.com/

I'm pretty sure it has everything you need. But I only glanced it.

Wait - just looked more closely at that website. The calculator that figures out your daily points is way out of date. You'll probably want to add 5 more points.