How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beachygirlk
    Options
    i absolutely love this and will use it all the time now! i have an app on my droid that is called WW Diary, and it is also free WW Point Plus. i added my food intake for today into both my MFP diary and the app on my phone, and both have the same points values! so happy to see that it really works, thank you!! :)
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Thanks for this! Now I don't have to enter twice :P

P.S. Anyone who is doing this option, feel free to friend me :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok I must be dumb or something because I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. Can someone please walk me through the steps of doing this start to finish ? I can't save the script any other way but as a txt or rtf file and then can't even find it when trying to locate it :(

I need instructions please :bangs head on desk:

So the number are for the points plus if you changed the false to true ? Then I may want to try the points plus instead. Yesterday My calories seemed really low under 1,000 and I can't lose weight that way.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can have it show points plus or the old points, you just need to change the value in the script. This is NOT Just for points plus.

Also, the points calculations ARE accurate, so I'm not sure what that comment is referring to, but I've compared the points values to my weight watchers points finder and they are exactly correct.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Ok I must be dumb or something because I can't for the life of me figure out what to do. Can someone please walk me through the steps of doing this start to finish ? I can't save the script any other way but as a txt or rtf file and then can't even find it when trying to locate it :(

So the number are for the points plus if you changed the false to true ? Then I may want to try the points plus instead. Yesterday My calories seemed really low under 1,000 and I can't lose weight that way.

First, make sure you have Firefox installed.
    Next, install Greasemonkey from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748
    Once that is installed, go here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949 and click on INSTALL in the top right corner.

Greasemonkey will recognize that it is a script and install it for you.

Once you have installed the script, if you want to edit it, follow these instructions:
    In the upper right hand corner of Firefox, there should be a little monkey. Click on the drop down menu and click on "manage user scripts." Then it will bring up a new window. Highlight weight watchers script (if its your only one it will already be highlighted) and click on options. It will bring up a new window. Click on script settings and then edit this script. Select "notepad" as your editor, edit line 10 as needed, then click save".

In order for the points to display on MFP, you MUST ONLY have the following stats showing in your diary in this EXACT order:
    Calories Carbs Fat Fiber Protein

Any other combination of stats or order, and it won't display points.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Reinstalling did the trick. Thanks for all those offering advice!

I'm enjoying having the WW points listed, and love having the more complete nutritional information as well. I do notice a few glitches with the WW, some of which are expected. For instance, 3/4 cup of cooked broccoli (no butter or oil) shows as 1 WW PPV when under the program it would be zero. I'm not surprised by this since the WW database of foods adjusts points values to "weight" foods to encourage good choices. But I was surprised by the 0 points it told me a 5 oz. glass of chardonnay would be. WW really weights calories from alcohol, and I certainly understand why!

So I have to figure out my best method for mentally adjusting the WW points -- although everything else I entered came out right where I expected it, so I doubt it will all matter too much.

I was also surprised to see that MFP has me slightly over recommended on fiber and protein, and under on carbs! :-)

I could be wrong, I'm not following Points Plus, but I thought that Zero point veggies and fruits were no longer Zero points once they are cooked?
    I believe on the old points plan, anything under 90 calories, no fat no fiber, is 0 points. I still count 1 cup of steamed broccoli as 0 points on the old system.

Also , not sure what you are doing with the wine, when I enter 5 oz of wine on MFP, I believe it comes up as 2 or 3 points (old points).
  • amyann2
    amyann2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that zero point veggies are still zero points on the Points Plus Plan if they are simply steamed or boiled but nothing else is done or added. I think the only time that may change is if they are incorporated into a recipe with other ingredients, then the recipe builder may just add up all the calories/fat/fiber etc. for the ingredients, in which case those would be counted to.

For the wine, I suspect that the entry for chardonnay that I chose in the database was not entered correctly by a contributor. There are a bunch of brand-specific entries I could try instead.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me edit line 10 when using chrome?
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ok so I figuered it out and changed line 10, but the points didn't change.... Is there something written into the program that won't do 0 points?
  • kristinglori
    Options
    Since you already here why not track calories instead
    Some people, including myself like to see both Points and Calories consumed. This tool will allow you to easily do that, without paying for anything.

I understand that. I'm asking why

One reason that I prefer to see points AND calories is mostly recipes. I find a TON of weight watchers recipes that doesn't even give a nutritional breakdown for calories...only points or points +. I'm a calorie counter...but having a way to track points would or could be helpful. Otherwise I just have to plug in the recipe and that's time consuming!

But I can see that this would be helpful for someone who only wants to do WW but doesn't wanna pay for it. :-)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

Next, install Greasemonkey from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748
    Once that is installed, go here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949 and click on INSTALL in the top right corner.

Once you have installed the script, if you want to edit it, follow these instructions:
    In the upper right hand corner of Firefox, there should be a little monkey. Click on the drop down menu and click on "manage user scripts." Then it will bring up a new window. Highlight weight watchers script (if its your only one it will already be highlighted) and click on options. It will bring up a new window. Click on script settings and then edit this script. Select "notepad" as your editor, edit line 10 as needed, then click save".

In order for the points to display on MFP, you MUST ONLY have the following stats showing in your diary in this EXACT order:

Hi thanks for the help much appreciated

Ok I am following your directions to a T and still having issues. This is where the problem happens.

WHen I do this
    > Click on script settings and then edit this script......

Problem starts here
    > ( Select "notepad" as your editor, edit line 10 as needed, then click save".) I am never prompted to open Notepad, all that opens is a regular folder on my pc and then when I search for the Script I get an error message from Greasemonkey saying the file has to be opened using an Executable file location or something like that.

I have no idea what im not doing right !!

Also is the original script for points plus meaning we wouldn't have to change anything or is it for the old points system ?

Sorry im being such a pain :(
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok I give up !!! I have tried and tried and still can NOT figure this out and i am tired of trying. So with that said,
    using the script the way it is without changing it. It is 4-5 points (Less) and off from the app I am using on my Android cell phone.

Can you tell me which Android app you use that is Free that works best with weight watchers ? I have one on my phone
    that I paid for awhile ago and its calculating 4 points more then whats on MFP script.

Thanks
  • CM9178
    Options

Ok I am following your directions to a T and still having issues. This is where the problem happens.

WHen I do this

Problem starts here
    > ( Select "notepad" as your editor, edit line 10 as needed, then click save".) I am never prompted to open Notepad, all that opens is a regular folder on my pc and then when I search for the Script I get an error message from Greasemonkey saying the file has to be opened using an Executable file location or something like that.

Also is the original script for points plus meaning we wouldn't have to change anything or is it for the old points system ?

The original script is for the old points system.
    When you get that window asking you to browse on your pc that is when you need to browse to Notepad in order to open the script - not browse to the script.
    What version of Windows are you using? I can tell you the path to Notepad on your PC, and then you can just browse to it.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Ok so I figuered it out and changed line 10, but the points didn't change.... Is there something written into the program that won't do 0 points?
    Ok, so you are using new points correct? but what food are you entering that should be 0 points but isn't calculating that way?
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

WHen I do this

Problem starts here

The original script is for the old points system.
    When you get that window asking you to browse on your pc that is when you need to browse to Notepad in order to open the script - not browse to the script.
    What version of Windows are you using? I can tell you the path to Notepad on your PC, and then you can just browse to it.

Windows Vista
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Ok, so you are using new points correct? but what food are you entering that should be 0 points but isn't calculating that way?

I have not decided if i want to use old way or plus way, Using the script the way it is is calculating the 1/2 .5 etc but when I logg in using my app on my android its less pts then MFP.
  • CM9178
    Options

I have not decided if i want to use old way or plus way, Using the script the way it is is calculating the 1/2 .5 etc but when I logg in using my app on my android its less pts then MFP.

Is your android app using the new or old points?

What food is it showing differently?

I know for old points, the script is definitely correct and accurate- I have compared it MANY times and it has never been wrong for anything. If you haven't changed the script yet then MFP is showing you old points. If your app uses Points plus, that might be why you are seeing a difference?

As for notepad, I believe it should be under c:\windows\notepad.exe or c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe.. not 100% sure since I've never used Vista.. but try browsing to one of those locations.
  • kkaikkonen
    kkaikkonen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Thanks!