How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    This is great for me! I am a longtime WW online subscriber and know the plan very well. When I first started MFP it was hard to get used to not using "points" so this helps a bit to see where I am point wise as well as the other nutrients.

Thanks for sharing. I am not going to pretend I know how the heck you invented this code but I am sure thankful you did!

haha, i didn't invent it. I found it posted on MFP in an old thread.
  • CM9178
    Options
    I raelly want to be able to do this and have done everything that is listed, apart from making changes in notepad as I want to do old points anyway, but still haven't got points showing on my MFP.
    Really sorry to keep making you explain, computers are not my friends :frown:
    If the script is installed correctly, you should see the points column on the right of your diary. If the column is blank, then you don't have your stats in the correct order. If you are not seeing the column, then the script isn't installed properly.
  • kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to install it in Safari? if I can do that, it will work on my iPad, which would be nice (rather than using the app), I'll use the browser. When I try to install it, it just opens the script in the browser but never installs it. I have 3rd party java enabled. Bummer if it won't work.
  • oneilltara60
    oneilltara60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've become sick of Ww too, i got to goal back in November but had a massive binge over christmas and am only starting to eat well again now. I've a few pounds to lose to get back down to goal due to my binge eating but I've decided to count calories now instead of points and still go to ww meetings just to be weighed in as its free as long as I've still got my gold card! How have you found MFP for losing weight instead of WW??
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    It's interesting. Originally I used MFP cuz it was free but I was freaked out by only 1,200 calories, so I deleted my account (this was like 2 months ago). Then, over the holidays I re-joined WW. I then re-signed up on MFP and installed the user script so I could compare the differences between WW points (which I liked better than thinking about calories) and MFP. So far, I typically end up with more calories to eat when I've dipped into my AP or weekly points on WW. So, when my 3 months are up, I'm canceling WW and going to use MFP (and still show WW points plus) for fun. Sorry now that I spent the money on WW but it's a good test (and extra time) to log both but I've learned alot!

OH! MFP has a HUGE database of foods and restaurants - way better than WW's!!
  • mommyz722
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    Oh, and I kinda forgot to mention, I've probably joined and re-joined WW 5 times now! MFP all the way from now on (in 3 months for sure)!

I also feel like I need to say that I'm a HUGE WW fan. It works. But, now I know it pretty well (been a member on and off since 2002). So, MFP is awesome and is free. All good.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Hey! I've become sick of Ww too, i got to goal back in November but had a massive binge over christmas and am only starting to eat well again now. I've a few pounds to lose to get back down to goal due to my binge eating but I've decided to count calories now instead of points and still go to ww meetings just to be weighed in as its free as long as I've still got my gold card! How have you found MFP for losing weight instead of WW??
    Keep in mind, you need to stay within 2 pounds of your goal weight as a lifetime member for your meetings/weigh ins to be free. otherwise you will need to pay the weekly fee - you just don't have to pay for missed weeks.
    I became lifetime like 10 yrs ago, and then gained like 80 lbs, so yeah, I have to pay every week. Once I'm back within 2 lbs of my original goal weight, I won't have to pay anymore.
  • CM9178
    Options

The database is mostly entries made by other users - and MANY of them are inaccurate and duplicates. Be careful when searching for a food - make sure it is correct according to the label if you have one. I always try to use the barcode scanner - and even then, many times the info in MFP does not match my label, so I end up having to enter the food myself.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • kabertrand63
    Options

The database is mostly entries made by other users - and MANY of them are inaccurate and duplicates. Be careful when searching for a food - make sure it is correct according to the label if you have one. I always try to use the barcode scanner - and even then, many times the info in MFP does not match my label, so I end up having to enter the food myself.

Understood, I use the barcode scanner for that reason.
  • acrowson73
    acrowson73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to install it in Safari? if I can do that, it will work on my iPad, which would be nice (rather than using the app), I'll use the browser. When I try to install it, it just opens the script in the browser but never installs it. I have 3rd party java enabled. Bummer if it won't work.
    Yay managed to get it to work, thanks for your help.
    Any luck with safari? I would prefer to use it on my IPad rather than the laptop as I use the IPad more. :smile:
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I kinda forgot to mention, I've probably joined and re-joined WW 5 times now! MFP all the way from now on (in 3 months for sure)!

I also feel like I need to say that I'm a HUGE WW fan. It works. But, now I know it pretty well (been a member on and off since 2002). So, MFP is awesome and is free. All good.
    Did you get it to work on safari? Did you have to do anything different??
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    Safari on the iPad just won't install. I may use chrome on my iPad just so I can use it :)

I even hooked my iPad up to my MacBook to try to install it from there, it just won't let you. Limited in functionality unfortunately.
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have chrome on my ipad, but how would you install the script?
  • kabertrand63
    Options

I emailed it to myself and then I have FileExplorer on my iPad so I can save it. Then drag it to your chrome extensions. At least I'm going to try that. Otherwise, you can connect your iPad to your Mac and install it that way.
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Save for later
  • kabertrand63
    Options

I emailed it to myself and then I have FileExplorer on my iPad so I can save it. Then drag it to your chrome extensions. At least I'm going to try that. Otherwise, you can connect your iPad to your Mac and install it that way.

Google Chrome is suposed to sync from all your devices, including extensions if you have your settings set up that way. It's not syncing though, still working on it and will report back.
  • kabertrand63
    Options

Google Chrome is suposed to sync from all your devices, including extensions if you have your settings set up that way. It's not syncing though, still working on it and will report back.

From what I can tell, Safari and Chrome on iPad do not support syncing extensions. :sad: