How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Options

Replies

• kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Old points didn't have fruit and veggies as 0, did they? Also, it won't do that for new points plus, it counts the calories whereas WW won't.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Many people ask about this and very few people know this is possible. YES you can track your Weight Watchers point in your MFP diary.

First off, you need to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have it, download it for free - You won't be sorry.

Second - You will need to install a script into Firefox (like a plug-in) that will display the points in your food diary.
    Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

It can be used for both the old and new points systems.
    Here are more instructions about getting it setup: http://userscripts.org/about/installing

I've been using this since March and I absolutely LOVE it. It is like using the WW E tools except for free!!

That is cool! I did WW for a few years before coming to MFP in 2011. I will try this at home tonight on my firefox browser. Hope it works. Thanks. :smile:
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You rock! Thanks!
  • eclecticdeb
    eclecticdeb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    bump
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Old points didn't have fruit and veggies as 0, did they? Also, it won't do that for new points plus, it counts the calories whereas WW won't.
    some fruits and veggies are 0 points on the old system, but not all. And you are correct, the script will still count points plus for fruits and veggies if you enter them into your food diary - it doesn't know that they should be 'free" - it just calculates the points for them. If you don't want to count them, then don't log them I guess. I think that is a real benefit of using this with points plus - because if you DO log the fruits and veggies - you can clearly see how many calories you are eating - and why you may not be losing weight (for example if you are eating 600 calories worth of veggies every day because they are "free points").
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok so I figuered it out and changed line 10, but the points didn't change.... Is there something written into the program that won't do 0 points?
    Ok, so you are using new points correct? but what food are you entering that should be 0 points but isn't calculating that way?

I have not decided if i want to use old way or plus way, Using the script the way it is is calculating the 1/2 .5 etc but when I logg in using my app on my android its less pts then MFP.

Is your android app using the new or old points?

What food is it showing differently?

I know for old points, the script is definitely correct and accurate- I have compared it MANY times and it has never been wrong for anything. If you haven't changed the script yet then MFP is showing you old points. If your app uses Points plus, that might be why you are seeing a difference?

As for notepad, I believe it should be under c:\windows\notepad.exe or c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe.. not 100% sure since I've never used Vista.. but try browsing to one of those locations.

I believe my Android is using the old method, Do you know what a good app is for ww for the Android ?

I just decided to use it the way it is, tired of messing with it, I appreciate all the help though.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ok so I figuered it out and changed line 10, but the points didn't change.... Is there something written into the program that won't do 0 points?
    Ok, so you are using new points correct? but what food are you entering that should be 0 points but isn't calculating that way?

I have not decided if i want to use old way or plus way, Using the script the way it is is calculating the 1/2 .5 etc but when I logg in using my app on my android its less pts then MFP.

Is your android app using the new or old points?

What food is it showing differently?

I know for old points, the script is definitely correct and accurate- I have compared it MANY times and it has never been wrong for anything. If you haven't changed the script yet then MFP is showing you old points. If your app uses Points plus, that might be why you are seeing a difference?

As for notepad, I believe it should be under c:\windows\notepad.exe or c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe.. not 100% sure since I've never used Vista.. but try browsing to one of those locations.

I believe my Android is using the old method, Do you know what a good app is for ww for the Android ?

I just decided to use it the way it is, tired of messing with it, I appreciate all the help though.
    Sorry no, I don''t know of a good WW app for the android. I just use the MFP app.
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is great thanks!
  • acrowson73
    acrowson73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kacollins1970
    kacollins1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeriKate
    Options
    This is great for me! I am a longtime WW online subscriber and know the plan very well. When I first started MFP it was hard to get used to not using "points" so this helps a bit to see where I am point wise as well as the other nutrients.

Thanks for sharing. I am not going to pretend I know how the heck you invented this code but I am sure thankful you did!
  • beklew159
    beklew159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I can't wait to try it! Thanks!!!!!!:happy:
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump! I definitely need to try this!
  • acrowson73
    Options
    I raelly want to be able to do this and have done everything that is listed, apart from making changes in notepad as I want to do old points anyway, but still haven't got points showing on my MFP.
    Really sorry to keep making you explain, computers are not my friends :frown:
  • Texgal9816
    Texgal9816 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I found this! Thank you so much for sharing this w/everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump-thanks! :)
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    acrowson73: Hi there. Did you install the extension/add-on in your browser? It works perfectly, love it!
  • acrowson73
    Options
    acrowson73: Hi there. Did you install the extension/add-on in your browser? It works perfectly, love it!
    Hi I did install it so not sure why it hasn't worked. Am I being stupid as I am expecting points to be displayed or is it just the amounts to work out the points??
    Might get my hubby to have a look as I am rubbish with computers :)
  • kabertrand63
    Options
    Hi I did install it so not sure why it hasn't worked. Am I being stupid as I am expecting points to be displayed or is it just the amounts to work out the points??
    Might get my hubby to have a look as I am rubbish with computers :)

No, you're not begin stupid. Once installed, I may have had to restart my browser to see the points but the user script will show the points to the right of your calories etc. Make sure you are listing the nutrients in the correct order for it to work in MFP dairy settings for your nutrients (carb, fat, fiber, protein).