How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Replies

• ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    I used to be with Weight Watchers (I got fed up and tired with it all) and dropped out in Oct. and finally this December I cancelled my membership....YEA! A friend told me about MFP and I joined up real quick. I can tell ya this "Wow! What an eye opening experiencing this has been for me!!" No wonder I wasn't losing weight prior to joining MFP. If you see exactly how many calories are in vegs and fruits you'll think twice how "free" those foods really are per weight watchers. It's a real eye opener for me!
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    BUMP!
  • save for later! Thanks for this!
  • amyann2
    amyann2 Posts: 69 Member
    I have successfully installed the script but am not sure how to access it to edit it to change to the PPV (i.e. changing the "false" to "true" on Line 10. Can anyone tell me? Thanks in advance!
  • This is awesome, thanks for sharing! c: I'm re-joining Weight Watchers soon and this will be so helpful!
  • amyann2
    I definitely want to do this (and love Firefox anyway) but found that before installing the actual WW script, I had to install something called GreaseMonkey. GreaseMonkey tells me the script is installed but doesn't tell me where, so I have no idea where/how to edit the script to get it to the new WW PPV instead of the old point system. I do wish these things were a little simpler! :wink: Any advice would be appreciated.
  • ccbarbeau
    ccbarbeau Posts: 21 Member
    bump
  • Will this work on an ipad?
    If you jailbreak it and and get the atomic web browser app you can trick it into thinking you're not using a mobile device and it will probably work
  • Carrieffa04
    Carrieffa04 Posts: 9 Member
    I had my husband edit it but this is what he did.
    In the upper right hand corner there should be a little monkey. Click on the drop menu and click on manage user scripts. then it will bring up a new window. Highlight weight watchers script (if its your only one it will already be highlighted) and click on options. It will bring up a new window. click on script settings and then edit this script. We had to select notepad as our editor but then you edit line 10 and then file save.
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Bump!
  • kabertrand63
    kabertrand63 Posts: 111 Member
    I downloaded the script but it didn't work on MAC and Chrome. Also, there's a comment on the download site where there's a bug in the point calculation so it's not accurate anyway.
  • kabertrand63
    Chrome made changes via security changes. So, you can do what is outlined in here to get it to work: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5258989/manually-adding-a-userscript-to-google-chrome
  • kabertrand63
    Hey, this is even better!!! and way easier: http://userscripts.org/topics/113176
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    ladies i have a weight watchers 360 support group on here. sign up i show you how to do it to avoid paying for meetings.
  • kabertrand63
    Yep, I was just about to look for it and join it. I have to get through my 3 months in order not to lose a lot of money. Will probably do both for a while (at least the 3 months) to see how they compare and how I do.
  • kabertrand63
    Also, so that the calculation is not 0.5 off all the time, you need to change both parameters in the user script from false to true:

var pointsPlus=true;
    var precisonWW=true;

Works like a charm.
  • kabertrand63
    momwasix is your group called: WEIGHT WATCHERS 360 & OLD POINTS PLAN?
  • bump
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Many people ask about this and very few people know this is possible. YES you can track your Weight Watchers point in your MFP diary.
    Awesome! Round of applause! Thanks!
  • amyann2
    Thanks a bunch, Carrieffa04, that did the trick!