Cousinly Love

Options

Replies

• FightingforFit82
    Options
    I wouldn't be worried. My cousins xwife was VERY jealous of our relationship. Him and I are just very close. Always have been. My family hugs a lot and spends a lot of time together. That is our normal. Many may see it as odd or weird but It's not. I consider him to be one of my close friends. Don't get jealous over it. They're family. You may end up hurting your relationship with him.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I wouldn't be worried. My cousins xwife was VERY jealous of our relationship. Him and I are just very close. Always have been. My family hugs a lot and spends a lot of time together. That is our normal. Many may see it as odd or weird but It's not. I consider him to be one of my close friends. Don't get jealous over it. They're family. You may end up hurting your relationship with him.
    I wouldn't say I'm jealous.. Then again, maybe I am. I just don't like to feel like someone is more important than I am, you know?
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    I do BUT you have to realize they grew up together. They're family. They have a tight bond. Have you told him how you feel?
    I wouldn't say I'm jealous.. Then again, maybe I am. I just don't like to feel like someone is more important than I am, you know?
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I do BUT you have to realize they grew up together. They're family. They have a tight bond. Have you told him how you feel?
    I have. But he gets all weird whenever I talk about it. He gets kind of angry. Not sure why
  • FightingforFit82
    Options
    Most likely, he doesn't understand why you're jealous of his cousin. He probably just sees her as a very good friend/family member. Like I said, its his family. Put yourself in his shoes.
    I have. But he gets all weird whenever I talk about it. He gets kind of angry. Not sure why
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought it could happen to me, but.....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    just break up
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say that I'm jealous of her, just sometimes I feel left out. Especially when she comes over, because he kind of ignores me when she is there.

Does he really ignore you, or does he simply treat you both with equal attention? In other words, I am asking if what you want is for him to treat you "special" when she is with you. If he downright ignores you then that's a problem you should talk to him about, but if you just want more attention, that's probably something for you to sort out in your own head.

Hugging and talking on the phone all sound normal to me. I feel iffy about the sharing shirts thing, though. But that could be just me.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The only comparison I have is my own family. I am Mexican, and as such we have a big family, and my cousins (all male) and I are all around the same age. We grew up together, had sleepovers, and hung out. But that was when we were kids. We act like friends now, but no more sleepovers (unless its to nurse a hangover, then its the couch, haha).

Well the only time I sleep in close quarters with my cousins is the various family trips we have. The aunts and uncles get the actual rooms, the cousins sleep on the floor (well we've upgraded to blow up mattresses). But most of the time, we're like friends, who call and hang out, but not get all up in each other's space.

So coming from a very close Mexican family, I find this behavior a little strange. Well what I find most strange is that he ignores you when she's there, and gets defensive when you challenge him on it.

I would sit him down, and have a frank talk, but proceed the conversation in terms of "I"
    For example, "I feel like I'm being ignored when she's over, I feel left out....." etc etc

If you go on the offensive with you, you're spending too much time with her, you always push me aside for her, then he'll get super defensive.

I guess, another tactic you could try is to really invest time in talking with her. Like girlfriends and such. Maybe then you could let on that you'd like a little more time with your bf.
  • DarkHours
    DarkHours Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are they scrumping each other like sweaty hairy beasts when they're together?
    (Pix or it didn't happen)

If not, then get over yourself. You aren't the center of the universe.
    You're just jealous that you aren't sitting on your pretty ivory pedestal.

If you can't do go beyond that, then do the both of you a favor and leave the relationship.

You clearly don't trust him and think he's up to no good.

Not the basis for a relationship.
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    This is pretty strange, IMO.
    It's one thing to have a close relationship, but to be having "sleepovers" when she lives in the same city and they are how old? I find that odd.

He is 16, almost 17. Me and his cousin are both 18.

The real question is why an 18 year old is dating someone under age...
    He is only a year and a half younger, not too big of an age difference.
    Lol, that's not the way the law sees it. That's statuatory rape in most states. But anyway, it doesn't make sense why you're jealous of his cousin, then again it doesn't make sense why they have sleep overs. I mean, I have cousins that live 500 miles away in PA, and we're only several years apart, and even when we were teens, we never slept in the same room. I just don't get it.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    This has to be the most amusing forum I've ever read. :laugh:
  • This has to be the most amusing forum I've ever read. :laugh:

I know right! :D
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    How OLD are you?

NO WAY was this written by someone over 14. I will send you a copy of "Are you there God, It's me Margaret" it will explain a few things to you.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I want to say this is ok...but how you described it made me feel uncomfortable............ I understand why you feel bothered by this...especially if he ignores you when she is around? that is not right, however, some may say that you might just be imagining this all, but then I sometimes feel that we, women are right in our feelings usually... I am sorry I am not much help in this situation. I think you did the right thing to talk to him about it, but I don't like how he just got mad at you...somehow you have to get him to realize/understand how this is making you feel...hopefully he will change a bit in how he acts
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I say keep it in the family
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to have a close relationship, but to be having "sleepovers" when she lives in the same city and they are how old? I find that odd.

Lol, that's not the way the law sees it. That's statuatory rape in most states. But anyway, it doesn't make sense why you're jealous of his cousin, then again it doesn't make sense why they have sleep overs. I mean, I have cousins that live 500 miles away in PA, and we're only several years apart, and even when we were teens, we never slept in the same room. I just don't get it.
    Actually, the laws have changed in most of the states. That's acceptable in a lot of states.

To the OP....I don't have words to describe this situation.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

The Pennsylvania statuatory rape laws require the people to be 4 years apart if the victim is less than 16 (more than 13, I think) to prosecute. A 16 year old and an 18 year old can legally have consentual sex in PA.
    http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/08/sr/statelaws/summary.shtml
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    32075366.jpg
  • 32075366.jpg

But I have like 13 of them...