Cousinly Love

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all of the replies, but here's what I have to say...how long have you been dating him? If not long, then she's just used to showing up unannounced and neither of them realize the impact it has on you. If a long time, there may be a bit of a "cousin crush" going on here. I mean, she could be doing it on purpose to annoy you. He could be getting defensive when you bring it up b/c he knows their friendship is a little "off."
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My best friend is a guy and we claim each other as siblings. We are very close and affectionate, but we always make sure that my husband and his girlfriend are okay with us having movie nights, going motorcycle riding and the like. You all are very young, so I think its less an issue with the cousin and more an issue of him not being aware of how it causes you to feel.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You need to let him know how you feel when his cousin comes over and you seem to get ignored. He might not even realize he's doing it. Also, as someone else here suggested, maybe make a "rule" that when you're there it's YOU time and that if the cousin shows up unexpectedly that she needs to be told (nicely) that she has to go home and to come back when you're not there.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    "So that's how it is in their family"
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the "I'm having "relations" with my cousin and haven't told my girlfriend yet" post/thread, but that's probably asking too much.

Again, what mystifies me is that your underage boyfriend is dating an older college bound girl (you) and yet he seems more interested in his older college bound cousin who ignores you - and he gets mad when questioned about it? It seems odd, or maybe he's just not that into you.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My 1st Cousin (female) is my best friend. She was my Best Man when I got married. She was my student when I taught TKD. We hung out as kids, teens, adlults and now our kids are best friends. We're 58 now and I'm sure some people wondered about us. I don't care. Neither does she.

Never had a better friend or confidante. "Buddies for life. That's what I think."
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Crap, I mean..

Just break up.

LMAO. The post is so weird that even Dani got tripped up :D
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    32075366.jpg

But I have like 13 of them...

AHAHAHAHA!!!! This made me crack up!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Would you be this upset if she were his sister?
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    32119952.jpg
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    How OLD are you?

NO WAY was this written by someone over 14. I will send you a copy of "Are you there God, It's me Margaret" it will explain a few things to you.

Lol Im dying, by the way I love that book
  • little_silver_bell
    Options
    :laugh: I busted a gut reading this :laugh: :laugh:

maybe the world shouldve ended today..
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have a male friend who ended up spending a summer sleeping with his female first cousin. (IMO, they were both incredibly hot, so I wasn't completely surprised.) I think he managed to convince her that it'd only strengthen the familial bond.

@OP, I think you should just date somebody you trust.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Ask her to join y'all for a threesome and see how she reacts....
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    *checks OP's age* 18

Yeah, you're just crazy insecure. But don't worry. The relationship you're in now won't last. Most likely because of you.

When it does end try to learn from your mistakes.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    *checks OP's age* 18

Yeah, you're just crazy insecure. But don't worry. The relationship you're in now won't last. Most likely because of you.

When it does end try to learn from your mistakes.
    Yeah. Don't date dudes that are banging their cousins.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Don't feel weird. I have a female cousin who I call my sister. I show up at her house at random times usually 2-3 times a day and spend 1-3 hours each visit. We can speak on the phone for hours at a time talking about nonsense. Btw im 19 and shes 21. There is not one day I wouldn't go see her unless I have class, work, exams or just too tired to see anyone. I actually hang out with her more than my brother or any other family member. You're probably blowing it out of proportion. IT EVEN CAME TO A POINT where my aunts are like "just marry her" which is sick because she's my mom sister's daughter (my 1st cousin...). But this is to show you how close we are.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I'm looking for some opinions, sorry if this is kind of long.

My boyfriend and his female cousin are very close. They are close in age, she is only two years older than he is. But I'm starting to feel like they are a little too close, if that's possible? They talk on the phone pretty often, they have sleepovers (she sleeps on the floor), she wears his sweatshirts and stuff, she's always stopping by his house unannounced, even when me and him are spending time together, and she usually stays for a couple of hours. He gives her multiple hugs whenever he sees her, and I feel like he ignores me whenever she is there. When I try to talk to him about it, he gets mad and short-tempered. I guess I'll get to the point. It really bugs me. Is it possible that they are TOO close? (I dont have any close cousins so I'm not sure)

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

People who aren't close with family often don't get family who are really close. I have noticed this before. I personally think you haven't got anything to worry about.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Like the twins from Euro Trip close?

:laugh: I thought that too.