you might be a weight lifter when...

Options

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    you rush over to the weight section in Target to swing the kettlebells (heavy one) and curl the 25lb dumbell..just to see if you need to upgrade..and I do!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When you realize gyms without squat/power racks shouldn't be considered real gyms.

^ and then you quit your gym cause there is only 1 thing you need on all three of it's floors. And it's the tanning booth.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you rush over to the weight section in Target to swing the kettlebells (heavy one) and curl the 25lb dumbell..just to see if you need to upgrade..and I do!

can I steal this idea LOL
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You overeat by 1000 cals/day on the weekend and think "ah **** it, I'll just build muscle"

^^yep!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    When you hope that any Christmas gift you get has something to do with lifting.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    ...you lift your arm up and squeeze your bicep in your cubicle when you think no one is looking.

Oh yeah, totally never been caught doing this. :embarassed:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You overeat by 1000 cals/day on the weekend and think "ah **** it, I'll just build muscle"

^^yep!

Ha!! You read my mind.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    When you over head press what a lot of people squat, lol.
    There are people who can clean and jerk what you deadlift, so what? lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    1) You walk like you have a stick up your butt the day after squats
    2) cardio bunnies start following you around the weight room asking questions
    3) men ask for your advice on proper lifting techniques, rest periods between sets, etc.
    4) you can't wait to have that protein shake when you get home from the gym
    5) It's really hard to find jeans because they don't fit your thighs
    6) your husband hands you jars to open
    Mine is exactly the opposite. I lost 2 jean sizes coz my thigh measurements are actually getting smaller since I started lifting heavy. Currently I'm squatting and lunging a 68kg or about close to 150 lbs. barbell (I weigh only 56 or 124 lbs) and just lost another 0.4 inch from my thighs.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    @jayche - Struck a nerve...I'm sorry.
    Options

Exactly
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Struck a nerve...I'm sorry.
    Haha it's all good I'm not butthurt over your comment, just putting things in perspective. Last week I saw someone bicep curl 165 with a barbell (which is currently more than I OHP)... really humbled me lol
    Options
    Agree. And never forget that you (and all of us) have been there before. You were once a newbie who couldn't even deadlift a 20kg barbell so its totally rude to make a joke out of those people who cannot lift like you are. Who knows if someday those same "lot of people" will be lifting a weight similar to yours.

No one is born strong who can overhead press 500lbs.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

^^yep!

Ha!! You read my mind.

ditto! i use this rationalization often :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    When "Skin the Cat" is a part of your stretching routine.

I'm honestly frightened to Google this.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    you might be a weight lifter when....

someone posts something you don't like and you get all technical on them :noway:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You pick everything up off the floor with proper deadlift form

I thought I was the only one!!

Haha same!!!

plus box squat off of the sofa, and rock bottom squat to get stuff from under the sink.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You've been so intimate with the foam roller that you're thinking of maybe getting it flowers or a Christmas present.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If there is chalk residue on your laptop, you might just be a weight lifter...

...or a rock climber.
    that was my thought
    we have chalk everywhere, we often used to go to Villis (24 hour bakery), covered in chalk.
    and would stock up on "munchies" food.
    I wonder what they thought of us??
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Agree. And never forget that you (and all of us) have been there before. You were once a newbie who couldn't even deadlift a 20kg barbell so its totally rude to make a joke out of those people who cannot lift like you are. Who knows if someday those same "lot of people" will be lifting a weight similar to yours.

No one is born strong who can overhead press 500lbs.

Just going by the OP topic, just because you are just starting your first day of lifting doesn't make you a lifter either. Been around a long time and really didn't consider myself that until I had made progress,learned what I could from vet lifters. Maybe I should of said when you've been in it long enough to give quality advice. Its all good...