you might be a weight lifter when...

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When the gym manager tells you "it might be a good idea to switch gyms, as we don't have heavy enough weights for you"
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    When even the women who are not smart enough to wear a sports bra while running on the treadmill can't break your attention from a heavy lift. lmao
    Just reading that post makes my girls hurt...

When you get looked at like you have two heads when you carry your Christmas tree up to the counter and then to your car one handed with your "weak" arm.

When you can drag a decent sized deer with one arm.

When your dad askes you to just hold your half of the deer up long enough for him to set his half in the truck and you end up lifting the body clear over the tailgate. (This earned me a good comment from my dad about how I am getting stronger.)

When you are lifting and the women in the gym keep staring at you like you are from another planet. (I currently just use my work gym which doesn't have too much to offer but does have a set of weighted bars and a whole wall of free weights. Once I out grow the weighted bars they have to offer I will pay for a gym membership and look for a gym friend to spot me.)
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When you get annoyed by threads telling people to put their weights down slowly and dont drop them
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When your 16 year old athletic son tells his friends, "my mom is so JACKED!" (I hope that is a good thing!)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    When you get looked at like you have two heads when you carry your Christmas tree up to the counter and then to your car one handed with your "weak" arm.

When you can drag a decent sized deer with one arm.

When your dad askes you to just hold your half of the deer up long enough for him to set his half in the truck and you end up lifting the body clear over the tailgate. (This earned me a good comment from my dad about how I am getting stronger.)

When you are lifting and the women in the gym keep staring at you like you are from another planet. (I currently just use my work gym which doesn't have too much to offer but does have a set of weighted bars and a whole wall of free weights. Once I out grow the weighted bars they have to offer I will pay for a gym membership and look for a gym friend to spot me.)
    [/quote]

^^^^^I THINK You are My Hero!!!!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    You find yourself forcefeeding the kids 'cause they're just not a challenge to curl anymore.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    you cant wait to wake up to DOMS

I LOVE this. ^^^

And when most of the decor in the house consists of weight plates, barbell, curl bar, dumbells, squat rack, incline bench...etc
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When you have bruises up and down your shins.
  • sky3z
    sky3z Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When you chew your callous.. from your palms

wait am i the only one?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you chew your callous.. from your palms

wait am i the only one?

well since you confessed it first... no, you're not the only one
  • taso42
    Options
    When you get annoyed by threads telling people to put their weights down slowly and dont drop them

awesome profile pic!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    All you wish your grandma would get you is free weights for christmas! but,she says there not for women :sad: :cry:

and when people ask what are free weights and you descibe them and there like dumbbells and you look at them like wtf is a dumbell.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    ....you (awkwardly) run into your boss at the gym and he leaves after 20 minutes because he's uncomfortable with the realization that you lift more than him. :laugh:
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    your shins, knees and the tops of your thighs are all banged up and you dont care when you wear a little black dress.

Some guys might find that quality really sexy. My wife has a couple of nasty bruises on her ankle and knee from blocking shots playing hockey. Is it weird that I find them sexy? (not the bruise of course but the badge of honor, courage and her pure awesomeness that they represent).
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    When "Skin the Cat" is a part of your stretching routine.

I'm honestly frightened to Google this.

Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-TpLJYJU5o

My gym doesn't have rings, so that's not going to happen any time soon :)

I do them on a pullup bar.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mark Rippetoe is your imaginary friend. we tight.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    when you hear grunting during sex and it reminds you of the gym
  • taso42
    Options
    Mark Rippetoe is your imaginary friend. we tight.

oh that soothing drawl of his....
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Netting 2300 cals is now your new maintenance.