What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    t474e7qvzixb.jpeg
    Fettuccine Alfredo, stuffed mushrooms, side salad.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    Szechuan di san xian where potatoes and aubergines were cooked in the air fryer. Thai chicken with garlic chive. Sticky rice.

That Thai chicken looks so yummy 😋 🤤

I deviated a little from this recipe in that I doused the sliced chicken breast in cornstarch before stir frying. It does mean you need a good non stick pan or tempered cast iron frying pan or tempered carbon steel wok as otherwise the cornstarch wants to stick badly. If you can't find Chinese chive, use regular chive or spring onion.
    https://www.thaicookbook.tv/thai-recipes/main-dishes/garlic-chives-with-sliced-chicken/

I never knew to cornstarch my chicken until I watched a Chinese cooking channel on YouTube. My kids love chicken and broccoli in oyster sauce and the chicken is so much nicer now I corn starch it. Thanks for the link, I will definitely try the recipe 🙂🙃

Cornstarching any meat for Asian stir fries improves tenderness. I also do it for beef a pork. It's easiest to do it by shaking the sliced or cubed meat in a plastic bag or lidded plastic food container not too long before cooking. If you do it a few hours in advance meat tends to clump together so you need to separate it in the frying pan with a couple of wooden spoons.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Fettuccine Alfredo, stuffed mushrooms, side salad.

I have been craving everything pasta of late so that alfredo looks amazing to me. Can I order a big bowl? LOL
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    60zk1pxvkelu.jpeg
    xae1awdpcwrg.jpeg
    A couple of work lunches from this week: palak paneer and a chicken mushroom soup. Both delicious!