What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    Carne asada taco with guac, salsa, cheese, tomatoes and cilantro. I had a couple of these but in order to keep the tortillas hot I made them one at a time. Meat is grass fed. Tortillas were made fresh the old fashioned way (corn, water, lime) this morning from a local shop. I'm way too lazy to make my own.

If you buy masa harina flour, knead in the food processor, and use a tortilla press it only takes 20 minutes to whip up a big stack of tortillas. I live in an area where store bought corn tortillas are hard to come by, which is why I bother.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Duck confit, roast potatoes, caramelized carrots. Leftover onion gravy from yesterday stretched with some red wine.
    be0aioq4td21.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    3u8xf45v6wsm.jpeg
    Lunch at work yesterday: west African beef stew. Really good!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger in a homemade brioche burger bun and a few waffle fries, with chilli ‘Mayo’ (actually Skyr but who cares - serves the same purpose for a lot fewer calories!)

6kh7npgh03cg.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    h0s8rt9t3i6k.jpg
    Cooked for the first time in a while: salt and pepper tofu, green beans w garlic chili oil, and rice.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner party at my place with a pretty low stress Chinese dinner. Dongbei guo bao ruo where instead of double deep frying the meat according the classic recipe, I dry fried in a low non stick pan to harden the wet batter (mixed with some vegetable oil) followed by a finish in the air fryer. You can do all the steps before the air fryer and final stir fry in the sweet and sour sauce in advance. Szechuan aubergine salad and smashed cucumber can be similarly made in advance and served cold. Not pictured, lychee sorbet for dessert.
    nowmzek269m3.jpeg
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,855 Member
    Options
    Saturday dinner:
    Garlic thyme chicken with a little pan sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and baby peas
    cdrd7r9jcerq.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Copycat KFC from the Chicago Tribune recipe executed in the air fryer. Copycat KFC coleslaw. Baked potato and blanched courgette warmed up in leftover hollandaise. Leftover onion gravy.
    j9bkf2xqd3s9.jpeg

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,855 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Sunday dinner:
    Salad - red leaf lettuce, cucumber, avocado, hardboiled egg, chicken, crumbled bacon (not shown - drizzle of Ranch dressing)
    junu1g2q24c1.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Poached Eggs on a bed of green vegetables (runner beans, fine beans, broad beans, edamame, sugar snaps, petit pois, broccoli) with a little lemon and parsley pangrattato and toasted pine nuts.

79lcwd1rv01c.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Whole grilled sea bream, baked potatoes, roasted red peppers, some leftover other veg such as slaw and blanched courgette.
    8344q8tmxxg9.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    The lifts were broken in our flat building, so we had a store cupboard dinner. Linguine with bottarga and leftover roast red peppers from yesterday.
    rsr7zu32r5q3.jpeg