What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,884 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Kale & bean soup with leeks & garlic, pistachio-parsley-lemon zest pesto, plenty of olive oil, and feta. Yum.

clvj0wfchzsd.jpg

@SafariGalNYC You're inspiring me. I want to try Kebda Iskandarani and the zucchine cacio e uova looks delicious, too.

@acpgee What's the cheesy baked dish at the Latin American restaurant? That entire table looks amazing. Hope it was as good as it looks.

@Cat0703a Your farmer's market haul looks great, too. I love the sunflower!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    Quick weeknight dinner of minced chicken bulgogi bowl.
    upybiwgazzw2.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Tonight I just did chicken breast tenderloin (with za’atar of course) and a oak & red leaf salad with evoo and balsamic.

I’ve been into experimenting with different lettuces lately. (I grew up on iceberg. Everything else is exotic to me lol )

☝🏻This is 7oz of chicken. 483 cals for dinner. I’m a olive oil enthusiast. I could ease down those calories if I didn’t use so much. Does anyone use a oil mister?

OMG I wanna come over for dinner. This looks amazing. I grew up on butter lettuce, but no leafy green is safe from me nowadays ;)

I'm also an olive oil enthusiast, if you hadn't noticed in my photos. No oil mister for me though: I pour a tablespoon of olive oil over most of my meals these days, so I can get my fat macros right! lmao... here's the olive-oil-bathed tomato & pickled melon with burrata that I had for lunch :D

emccs7auwyba.jpg

I'm eating a combination keto/Mediterranean diet, and olive oil is a key part of my weight loss success. I've lost 25 lbs since June 27 and I feel so much better. I used to think that "Mediterranean diet" means low-fat, but check this out:
    https://www.insider.com/common-mistakes-people-make-mediterranean-diet-2023-7
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,431 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff I wondered if you were doing MD too!! I thought so by what I was seeing. I’m only about 70% there as I have a teen who is less thrilled with that way of eating and I’m way too tired to be cooking multiple meals.

@SafariGalNYC, I have an oil mister but I don’t love it. I found when adding it to salad, the vinegar, herb etc ratios were never correct and I don’t love just straight EVOO on my salads.
  • takinitalloff
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    I wondered if you were doing MD too!! I thought so by what I was seeing. I’m only about 70% there as I have a teen who is less thrilled with that way of eating and I’m way too tired to be cooking multiple meals.

Yes, I started with straight keto but quickly realized that I needed to get my saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium down. So I started replacing some meat with fish, butter with olive oil, eggs & cheese with nuts & seeds, etc. and one day I looked at my plate and thought, that looks awfully Mediterranean :D

Then I started thinking about the whole thing and realized that I was pretty much already eating a Mediterranean diet, except I wasn't eating any grains (no pasta, bread, rice, etc.), no sugar, no beans, and very limited fruit. So I decided to experiment and started by adding some beans back in (because yum! and also fiber!), and here I am. I guess you could call it low-carb Mediterranean.

Sorry to hear your teen isn't into it yet... maybe they'll get into it eventually. Cooking multiple meals does sound exhausting. And 70% is far better than nothing!
  • acpgee
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC
    I have an olive oil mister from brand Misto and don't love it. If you get one that works well, let me know what brand.

For non delicate foods like veg for roasting, I am doing a light coat of olive oil by shaking in a recycled plastic bag (the thin little ones you weigh vegetables in at the store) or a tupperware style food box. For delicate stuff like arancini that are going into the airfryer, I roll in oil on a small baking sheet.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff
    I’m also an EVOO enthusiast! Glad to have company haha. My diet leans Mediterranean.. I love fish and vegetables.

@Cat0703a & @acpgee Thanks for the intel on the misters!!! The search continues. :)

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 922 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    🍽️ Quiche - ish?

It started as a quiche .. lots of eggs and some leftover cheese, mushrooms and a mixed veg. My available meat was ground venison.

I had some zucchini blossoms 🌸 I threw on top. Not as elegant as I wanted but.. it was tasty!

I’ve been trying new flours. This is a cauliflower flour, hemp heart, flax Blend. Darker in color with herbs. Somewhat dense and stuck to the pan. Argh. But had lots of vitamins and minerals. :)

Photos are quiche with filling and just bare crust experiment. 👩🏼‍🍳

2jcs3us8p57u.jpeg
    i2yaepko41kw.jpeg
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,431 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff that is a perfect looking avocado!!!
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @Cat0703a Yes this was a great one! I've had a few lately that were sadly spoiled, but most of them have been just perfect.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    fn2g0nmmnyi5.jpeg
    1cir4ascwxrv.jpeg
    Made some carbonara for the first time in a while. Really hit the spot! Side of veggies bc I have so much produce right now.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    a02z8gale7t1.jpeg
    Lunch at work: spicy gyro. So good I’m going to make some girardinera at home to put on everything.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    🇮🇹 Caprese 🍅🌿 These are some fine tomatoes too. Ah, summer...

a1vijc5zbhv4.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Salad with fennel, apple, toasted pecan and capers. Sous vide lamb shank and a tiny bit of sweet potato mash and some warmed up sous vide liquid.
    lpzp7jelgbzn.jpeg