What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Marinated & poached chicken breast (own recipe) plus green beans cooked in olive oil, chicken broth, white wine, and lemon juice.
    zafuy4ccgb3f.jpg
    Braised leg of lamb Cleopatra (recipe by Daniel Boulud). I doubled the fennel (because why not), left out the jalapeño, and forgot to include the parsley :D then I shredded the meat and divided it into portions to eat during the week. I also omitted the side of couscous. There's a glorious amount of warming spices in this dish, great for the colder weather.
    65qebiifhs79.jpg
    Collard green salad with chicken, bell pepper, and roasted butternut squash -- yum! For anyone who prefers to eat vegetarian: this would be delicious without the chicken too. Dessert of raspberries & pistachios.
    o8d5n041oyw0.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    We went to a fancy restaurant where hubby had men of the wood mushrooms and leek followed by egg yolk raviolo with truffle shavings. I started with venison tarter made with grapes with a cep cracker followed by duck three ways. My desert was chestnut ice cream, poached pear, marsala sauce with a praline dissolving in it. Hubby's desert of gelato made from Tunsworth cheese (=English camembert), grated truffle and spoonful of aged balsamic was epic.
    venfqprbe9jl.jpeg
    ubzjljs0lgzi.jpeg
    wmarcxyd8nbk.jpeg
    4qvnkehuxoba.jpeg
    hbezie48e3hm.jpeg
    dazhqms0f8wz.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    A grilled meditarranean dinner that was very quick to pull together. A chicken breast sliced into two thin pieces was coated in olive oil and grilled. A quartered radicchio and sliced courgette were tossed with melted butter and SE Asian fish sauce and grilled. I was trying to recreate a roast veg dish I had on vacation in Tuscany that tasted of anchovy. Bulghur cooked in stock I had in the freezer. Some leftover chimichurri/zhoug/gremolata type sauce we had in the fridge from the last time I pan fried fish.
    u7wxadh5rwgh.jpeg
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    alnwiojr67x3.jpeg
    Just feeling snacking tonight.

Best kind of supper on a hot summer night. Cold here today and it still looks so good!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dim sum lunch in Chinatown with the girls.
    zrdxqszd6ssy.jpeg