What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The NYT published an alluring article a few months ago about how to flambé foods... so I decided to try the Steak Diane (side of arugula & carrots, with a bit of the steak sauce for dressing) and the Cherries Jubilee (omitting the sugar, ice cream, and pound cake). A very festive and fun dinner. I had a little bit of red wine with the steak & salad, and enjoyed playing around with the camera too.
    66ckqo5pdn4h.jpg
    uvx64oigdxqv.jpg
    4w84mmjdzh4e.jpg
    4knyx0kcilqi.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Easy Keto Salmon Patties... I had bought a couple cans of salmon a while back, which I realized was a mistake as soon as I made a meal with the first can. I like salmon and I like other kinds of fish in cans, but canned salmon is not for me :s

Anyway, as I still had a can left, I decided it was time to get it over with... so I made a mediocre salad with half of it, and then I turned the second half into these salmon patties. Sadly there was no room left in my macros for the aioli, so I ate the patties by themselves. Not bad, but not something I would choose to eat again. I'm not a fan of crab cakes either, so this is no great surprise, but I thought the recipe was worth a shot.
    boxkyg0621vn.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    @takinitalloff
    Food was okay but not worth £115 for five small sharing plates with wine. The best dish was the deep fried cod cheeks with alioli. I don't deep fry at home, so that was kind of a treat. The split peas under the butternut squash were good too. Mussels were a perfect texture but lacking in flavour especially as the menu mentioned nduja and gremolata in their preparation.
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Three-Cup Chicken with a side of bok choy cooked in sesame oil, tamari, garlic, and ginger. I omitted the sugar from the chicken recipe. This is my second time with the Three-Cup Chicken, and I quite like it.
    bf1lf3a1esrs.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Spiced Pumpkin and Goat Cheese with Citrus Dressing and Sunflower Seeds -- another recipe from The Real Meal Revolution cookbook. I'm super hungry today so I don't know if this really was as amazing as I think it was? But yes, I think so! I found two online references to this recipe and both bloggers also loved it, even though both of them made some changes. I followed the recipe exactly, except I used olive oil instead of coconut oil to roast the pumpkin. YUM.
    8zcmxytw184p.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I made three Egyptian goulash's on the weekend. At one straight away, frozen another and saved one to eat tonight. So same meal as Sunday night, tonight. Added some stir fried green bean and broccoli mix because we have a lot of that in the vegetable drawer.
    4e1td42sfg8c.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dip of tomato, feta, olive oil cooked in the air fryer and served with toast. Blanched veg with ranch. I got a new air fryer yesterday so tested that out with drumsticks. Two were plain and two were coated in Korean fried chicken sauce which scorched a little.
    23ejpvc1vm7l.jpeg
    46o5z8w22z03.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    @acpgee OOOOH that looks delicious. I actually said that out loud when I opened the post haha
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hubby cooked. Meatballs, sauerkraut, green salad, mash.
    lasfvje5319q.jpeg
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Pad Kra Pao (thanks @acpgee for the inspiration!). I used pork belly for the meat, and used half the amounts of oyster/fish/soy sauces because the full amounts would have made this way too salty for me. I also only used about a third of the chilis... it was plenty spicy for me 🥵 and the kitchen smelled very sneezy during cooking :D

Tasty dish. I was planning to eat this by itself because of my low-carb ways, but ended up adding just a little bit of rice at the end to take the edge off. The egg perfectly tempered down some of the heat. This dish reminds me a little of Loco Moco. I can totally see why this is a popular street food.
    jqubfem2zie1.jpg
    rand2c1fn8ka.jpg