What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,302 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Sunday breakfast and lunch:
    Quick breakfast was just a quinoa flake chocolate chip cookie (I made some the other day) and coffee. Like this one...
    0fiza7dncwg7.jpgLunch was leftover roasted chicken and garlic parmesan green beans. I made some veggie pasta Alfredo to mix in. Honey crisp apple slices on the side. Cleaning house to get ready for Thanksgiving - eating on the fly today...
    c3a8fackxk11.jpg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Today:
    Everything but the kitchen sink recipes! Used up a lot of extras and leftovers.

Same approach here tonight (but no pics) ... empty the fridge in prep for loading it back up again for Thanksgiving this week.

Tonight, Italian-themed melange of roast veg with baked chicken. Veg (onion, green pepper, zucchini, tomato with Italian herb & EVOO) formed a trivet layer in bake pan, and got about 12 minutes head start before being overlaid with chicken breast cutlets with a "Tuscan" spice coating to finish roasting for another 40 mintues. Oh, and side of baked blue potatoes. Very tasty and healthful, pretty simple too.

Now to start on the holiday prep ...
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    Air fryer copycat KFC from the Chicago Tribune recipe. I keep a jar of the spice mix in the pantry which is mixed 2:1 with flour when needed. Smashed new potatoes and sauteed tenderstem broccoli and snow peas with Chinese olive vegetable.
    w8bzuxlwikbk.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Lunch

Shake - beet-spinach-red kale- celery- collagen peptides.

Not shown / a few sardines and microgreens on a plate for added omegas and protein. 😬

l38lyf423exn.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Linguine with mushroom, cheese, truffle and artichoke pesto dragged home from Siena vacation last month. Salad of cherry tomato, roast paprika, mozarella and olives.
    5yhq8b8bdbbu.jpeg
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    3rfct7i9eewd.jpeg
    I was “late” getting to the cafeteria and they were out of entrees so went through the sandwich line. Turkey/cheese/salami/lettuce w pickles and jalapeños on the side. Stopped at the panini press too.
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC 😙👌
  • acpgee
    Options
    A colleague came over for a Chinese cooking lesson. We had some other colleagues over as volunteer eaters of the output. Contact fried ginger and spring onion fish, beef with black bean sauce, green beans stir fried with Chinese olive vegetable, smashed cucumber salad with black sesame dressing. We had rice with that. Dessert of store bought coconut ice cream with miso caramel sauce and sesame brittle not pictured.
    4x636hpynva8.jpeg
    szm915q6az6k.jpeg
    zzgwckxixg8p.jpeg
    j5jhof5b6ppf.jpeg

• wrestling_is_mylife
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Pork and veggie steamed bun

20121219_121955.jpg

Dak bulgogi and kim chi fried rice

20121219_185856.jpg

that's a good portion!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Friday night my husband always want to eat out because he says it makes the weekend feel longer. We went to a European "sharing plates" place near the flat that we liked a few years ago. It's now overpriced with horribly affected service.
    9ax1wuunbigx.jpeg
    6ouyiuo976e7.jpeg
    sd7gbfm7ngyy.jpeg
    v8s30mmxl9hu.jpeg

• takinitalloff
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    We went to a European "sharing plates" place near the flat that we liked a few years ago. It's now overpriced with horribly affected service.

Sorry to hear that! The food sure looks delicious though, was it?
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Grass Pea soup (Zuppa di Cicerchie) made with Cicerchia beans from Rancho Gordo. Doesn't look wonderful, but it's great comfort food, I couldn't get enough of this soup. I added extra olive oil to meet my macros.
    csta5i144jdw.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Cottage Pie (heavily altered from the recipe I found in The Real Meal Revolution cookbook). The recipe uses cauliflower in place of potatoes, and I decided to replace the butter with olive oil. Wasn't sure that this particular change would work well, but I like it a lot. Also I've become quite fond of having my cottage pie on top of a nice fresh salad. I love the contrast between bright, cool crunch and soft, hot comfort food.
    m0iaiv56figa.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    Moro Bean Soup. I made this after reading customer Emily's comment on the Rancho Gordo page for the Moro Bean variety. Lots of spices... a beautiful bean soup, and absolutely scrumptious. Emily can cook, that's for sure!
    6h6icixj1sbd.jpg
    gkv2wegt2amz.jpg
    kqobxe5lo0q0.jpg
  • takinitalloff
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Parmesan Chicken Pieces with Roast Garlic Tomato Mole from The Real Meal Revolution. (The blog I linked has the recipe but they made a small change, doubling the amount of butter used for the chicken. I used olive oil instead of butter.) Also the book goofed by calling mole a "Spanish" sauce... it's a Mexican thing and its roots were in indigenous, not Spanish, cooking. What's more, the sauce for this recipe doesn't even contain chili peppers, so it's not even a mole to begin with. Sure was tasty though, and I will definitely make this again. Side of spinach sautéed in olive oil & garlic.
    oofjo1nzccf3.jpg