What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I tried the "Chef John" focaccia recipe with strong bread flour and the result was not significantly different to what I have done in the past. ...

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. It looks as if you got a good result, and I hope tasty, too. Good luck on your next version.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    m5v96wes9lg0.jpeg
    First dinner of vacation: salad (greens from CSA box), stir fry on top.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    🍴 vegetable lovers quiche 🥧

🍴 Chicken tenderloins with Cauli mash, orange bell peppers and onions with fresh garlic and herbs. 🌿

🍹 elderflower rose kombucha 🌹

ygziin3qpy2j.jpeg
    6umnzgtek4j4.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Beef rendang, chunky salad of cucumber, cherry tomato, and granny smith apple with SE asian dressing and garnishes, bok choi with ginger, tomato lalab, bulgur.
    p50c4e6qzpkd.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Pan fried sea bream and aji verde, smashed new potatoes, roast veg salad, buttered leeks.
    pr3ma3ra82nh.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cullen skink pulled out from last weeks batch in the freezer with today's focaccia as a starter. Followed by cheese souffle and green salad.
    I added some photo's of today's focaccia which I made in multiple small pans because it might keep better over a couple of days than a single loaf made in a traditional large tray. I used the Emma Fontanella recipe (skipping the optional overnight slow prove in the fridge) in conjunction with bread flour and suspect that it results smaller bubbles/holes than the Chef John recipe. There was no discernable difference in the eating experience, and Emma's recipe dirties fewer dishes and her stretch and fold technique that needs to be performed periodically dirties only one hand instead of two.
    hkqgfg6y2ias.jpeg
    8l607mkoe7gb.jpeg
    xxj9xw6m5qbn.jpeg
    tkopl9qm73at.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Cullen skink pulled out from last weeks batch in the freezer with today's focaccia as a starter. Followed by cheese souffle and green salad.
    I added some photo's of today's focaccia which I made in multiple small pans because it might keep better over a couple of days than a single loaf made in a traditional large tray. I used the Emma Fontanella recipe (skipping the optional overnight slow prove in the fridge) in conjunction with bread flour and suspect that it results smaller bubbles/holes than the Chef John recipe. There was no discernable difference in the eating experience, and Emma's recipe dirties fewer dishes and her stretch and fold technique that needs to be performed periodically dirties only one hand instead of two.

tkopl9qm73at.jpeg

looks pretty good as is, don't always need the giant bubbles.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    oe311mhlmp98.jpeg
    Mushroom risotto!
  • Taniagirly
    Taniagirly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @Taniagirly
    Would you mind posting the easy focaccia recipe you use? I have been using one that is not difficult but very time consuming.

Here you go! It still needs to rise but I sat it beside the heater and it behaved well for me. https://www.inspiredtaste.net/19313/easy-focaccia-bread-recipe-with-herbs/

• 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Spiced lentils with carrots and mushies, on mashed potatoes. They tasted better than they looked 😅
    8f5w7ry16l8o.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    "Risotto" using pinhead oats (aka steelcut oats in the US) with bacon, mushrooms and frozen peas. Salad of mixed roast vegetables (aubergine, courgette, tomato, onion) with feta.
    taqmravnqvhi.jpeg
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,063 Member
    Options
    Spiced lentils with carrots and mushies, on mashed potatoes. They tasted better than they looked 😅
    8f5w7ry16l8o.jpg

The lentils look great! Any chance of a recipe? 😋
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    oe311mhlmp98.jpeg
    Mushroom risotto!

Some years ago, I tried my first risotto for a small dinner party. It came out of the pan great. Unfortunately, naive me didin't know, that as it cooled, it would turn to concrete. Timing is everything with risotto, I guess! Yours looks good.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Chicken laksa and side of cucumber and granny smith apple salad with a SE Asian dressing.
    ihiq0ypfdf3z.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    Options
    Chicken laksa and side of cucumber and granny smith apple salad with a SE Asian dressing.
    ihiq0ypfdf3z.jpeg

Red apples were looking poorly this week at market, so I picked up some Granny Smiths. And in this house, cucumber is a basic food group (as are apples), LOL. So, the two in salad? In summer? I'm interested! Would you have a recipe? I quickly googled apple-cucumber salad; nothing I saw looked precisely like yours - I suspect the dressing made it distinct from the search results.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Red apples were looking poorly this week at market, so I picked up some Granny Smiths. And in this house, cucumber is a basic food group (as are apples), LOL. So, the two in salad? In summer? I'm interested! Would you have a recipe? I quickly googled apple-cucumber salad; nothing I saw looked precisely like yours - I suspect the dressing made it distinct from the search results.

A combination of julienned granny smith with spiralized root vegetables is my go to substitute for green mango in Thai or Vietnamese salads. To make essentially a Thai salad less labour intensive I just chop chunks of cucumber and Granny Smith with optional halved cherry tomato and 1 inch lengths of blanched green beans. Optional slices of red onion is a nice addition. Less work than traditional fine julienne. Optional herby toppings of some combo of coriander, mint and basil. Optional dry toppings of any combo of toasted coconut, toasted peanuts, and/or store bought fried shallots or onion. Here’s an example of a SE asian dressing but use any one from a google search for green papaya salad or Som Tam.
    https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/yum-som-o/