What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    Spag bol with zucchini salad. Bolognese sauce batch cooked in early April with a buddy and pulled out of the freezer.
    3ngqzpljy62t.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    If you are looking for an incredibly light dinner google Alvin's Drunken Chicken. Alvin was a contestant on Australian Masterchef and when the episode first aired the judges cooed so much about the dish that Xiaoxing rice wine (main ingredient of the chicken poaching liquid) was sold out for a week in Australia. His recipe was served with a chunky version of a SE Asian salad using a nuoc cham style oil free dressing.
    I did a take with a chicken breast and made my salad with chunks of cucumber, cherry tomato and granny smith apple combined with toppings of store bought fried onion, a few peanuts and coriander and mint. I added sticky rice and some sauteed spinach to round out the meal. If you freeze the poaching liquid for re-use for subsequent times you make this dish it is incredibly quick to throw together. Serve a little of the poaching liquid with the chicken which makes a fat free but umami sauce for rice.
    xhqig97rk7h7.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Air fried lamb cutlets and roast potatoes. Sauce was some leftover chimichurri found in the freezer stretched with yoghurt. Turkish watermelon/feta/mint salad dressed with pomegranate molasses.
    yt6wks8jlakj.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    @acpgee ~appreciate your shares - inspires me to keep on cookin! and particularly to dig out a recipe I tucked away for drunken noodles. I was too timid to attempt at the time... here's the pic i snagged from the recipe - just thought it looked awesome!
    s5gpxd8f7ntq.jpg

I would also like to try a chicken skewers with pb dip - do you have a recipe you prefer for that? Thought this looked really good too.
    a9mm4ftqtkr4.jpg

i am not sure why, but have always had a 'fear?' of trying new things/recipes and would explore, buy then not try - but have gradually tried squashes, broth/soup/stew making, grilled veggies and a few of the exotics like cactus and dragonfruits. There's a world of delish foods out there... Most, I would love to try - just not wild about slimy things - didn't care much for okra or cactus.

• acpgee
    Options
    @Adventurista
    Below is the recipe I use as a starting point for chicken satay.

Nowadays I change up the marinade. Instead of dicking around with honey in the marinade, I just use a half and half mixture of normal light soy sauce (salty such as Japanese Kikoman brand) and a sweet Indonesian ketjap (dark sweet soy such as ABC brand).

Nowadays for more heat and funk in the satay sauce I add a little sambal that contains shrimp. I use Dollee brand Crispy Prawn Chilli from Malaysia for this purpose but any brand of an Indonesian sambal trassi (chilli sauce with shrimp paste) would do. Satay sauce is an application where I don't object to replacing most of the peanut butter with reconstituted PB2 to save on calories.

https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html

If you have the time, you might want to search online for a more authentic peanut satay sauce. An authentic recipe uses peanuts, instead of peanut butter.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ooh, ty @acpgee :)

I have a jar of pb2 i use in yogurt. I'll browse recipes, but it is difficult to imagine taste... as dh said of my sandwhich, it's good but not a Philly Cheesesteak... i had no idea having not personally tasted. and I appreciate that you adapt as desired, and find them good.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Melanika2 wrote: »
    My usual breakfast is around 300 calories and consists of nondairy oatmeal with dried cranberries, hemp hearts, flaxseed meal, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Sometimes I add an apple afterwards and it adds some calories but not much.

Oatmeal Recipe for 5 servings:

1.5 cups of oats
    0.3 cup of dried cranberries
    1.5 tbsp of flaxseed meal
    1.5 tbsp of hemp hearts
    3 cups of nondairy milk

Then I add in my serving 0.25 cups of blueberries, 6 blackberries, 4 strawberries.
    thukwwvyy98r.jpeg

Hemp hearts are so nutritious! Looks lovely. @Melanika2
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    🍽️ Baked eggplant with mozz, pomegranate and microgreens

🍴 Veggie risotto

🥘 Eggplant schnitzel

@SafariGalNYC wow, all looks beautiful and sounds delicious!
  • acpgee
    Options
    The buddy I do batch cooking with came over today and we filled both our freezers with chilli con carne and aji verde. We had some for dinner with low fat burnt Basque cheesecake with cherries for dessert.
    o0igyntrlid9.jpeg
    uat4ptvrmi2e.jpeg
    2l29wsxxhuib.jpeg